No announcement yet.

Classifieds and Pay Pal Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing to remember, friends and family, venmo and other options don't afford you any protection if the seller jams you. I know of sites similar to TBH that have classifieds and they encourage the users to rely on services that insure the payment. A quote from one:

Do not use Paypal Family & Friends, Venmo, Zelle or any other uninsured payment method.

Some of you may want to avoid paying Paypal taxes or fees involved in online transactions but these fees are put in place by the financial institutions for a reason. Think of these fees as insurance if things go wrong.
    Just a thought!

Comment

Private business owners deal with this daily. That's why stores ask Debit or credit. Debit takes less. Credit more. Welcome to the price of doing business. You can however refuse PayPal

Comment

If the buyer receives a less than expected product. They can not refuse payment if,bought through friends and family pay pal.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          If you are using friends and family to make a purchase technically you're committing a fraud so I dont.

Gary
          How so? Everyone on this forum is a friend of mine.

Comment

I have done it both ways depending on if I knew the person. If I didn’t send money by friends and family then I added enough to my cost to cover the free so seller got their monies and I got some buyers protection. Think you should make that clear if you offer to take PayPal upfront.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Zelle works well. Hey that rhymes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                How so? Everyone on this forum is a friend of mine.
                Can I please get a zero interest loan from you, bestest buddy? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                  It should be understood in the deal when you make it who pays the fees. That way there are no hard feelings & everything is up front ,so if one party doesn't agree.
                  This ^^^^^

On TBH if I know or have a strong sense of trust of the seller I will pay "friends and family" without discussing.

People I don't know or trust get paid the regular way and that is part of selling and using PP.

Easy fix is to ask 4% more than what you want to pocket if using PP

Comment

If they’ve been a member for awhile and are active then I aim for friends and family or Venmo. If not and it’s a Paypal method with fee’s I aim at splitting the fee’s with the buyer.

When it’s a 1k item I’m not losing out on the 30-40$ lol

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                      Can I please get a zero interest loan from you, bestest buddy? Thanks in advance.
                      Yes you can my friend. Would you like your interest free loan of one penny mailed to you or will you be picking it up in person?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        Yes you can my friend. Would you like your interest free loan of one penny mailed to you or will you be picking it up in person?
                        It may take some time to get back with you on this. Serious thought must be given to such matters.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                          Agree 100%.

Friends and family only.
                          This

Comment

I agree that the buyer should add to the price to send goods and services so he has some type of recourse. Never stick the seller with the fees.

Comment

If you don’t tell theM friends and family or they need to add the fees, upfront..that’s on 100% on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                                A lot of times recently when selling on the TBH classifieds the buyer has paid using Pay Pal and stuck me as the seller with the fees.

So you sell an item for a price and you end up not getting that full price because Pay Pal takes their cut. In my opinion the buyer should eat the fees and the seller should get the agreed upon price.

Am I the only one who sees it that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Yep....I got dinged a a $600 sell....kinda pizzed me off, but I just let it go. Now I make it clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X