A new slap in the face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new slap in the face

Wrote a big check to the federal crooks today and this time TurboTax hit me with something new $49 penalty for not withholding enough. I alway end up having to pay but I guess now the devils want to make sure I don’t make any interest in that money through the year. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just pay H&R Block and be done with it. The IRS does have some ways to get money back though.

Comment

Dang that ain’t right........but crooks is spot on

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
        Wrote a big check to the federal crooks today and this time TurboTax hit me with something new $49 penalty for not withholding enough. I alway end up having to pay but I guess now the devils want to make sure I don’t make any interest in that money through the year. [emoji849]

Same thing 2 years in a row for me

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post

What? Turbo Tax has no authority to fine you for taxes.

I’m guessing that’s their fee for their service. That’s what I usually pay every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Only 49? My pentalty+interest for underpaying was about $385. I claimed married with 0 expemptions and so did the wife and somehow our employers still didn't take enough out to get out of the penalty box. I really dislike the scum sucking IRS.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
              Only 49? My pentalty+interest for underpaying was about $385. I claimed married with 0 expemptions and so did the wife and somehow our employers still didn't take enough out to get out of the penalty box. I really dislike the scum sucking IRS.
              Looks like your employers payroll system is jacked or whoever's is doing your taxes isn't taking all the deductions possible.
              With 0 exemptions, you should be expecting a refund.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is this bc the tax was moved from april 15 to july 15?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                  shouldn't be, the tax is for year of 2019

Comment

Change your withholding on form w4. Make sure you include that you are a dual earner family. There are no more exemptions. If you have investments and that is where you pay your taxes from, the failure to pay estimated taxes penalty is likely less than the earnings lost. It's not a TurboTax issue. I have no love loss for the IRS, but it's not their fault. Look to the Congress to change things.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                      Nope. This is based on the 2018 tax. Make sure you have the correct amount of 2018 tax entered in TurboTax.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        What? Turbo Tax has no authority to fine you for taxes.

I’m guessing that’s their fee for their service. That’s what I usually pay every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        The wording in the OP was strange, but the fee has nothing to do with Turbo Tax. You're required to withhold a within a certain % of your tax burden quarterly I believe, and the OP did not do that so he was fined by the IRS. Turbo Tax simply realized his mistake and worked the fee into his filing for him.

Comment

Yup sending them about what I would pay for a East Texas Elephant hunt with Chew today...........

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                            The wording in the OP was strange, but the fee has nothing to do with Turbo Tax. You're required to withhold a within a certain % of your tax burden quarterly I believe, and the OP did not do that so he was fined by the IRS. Turbo Tax simply realized his mistake and worked the fee into his filing for him.
                            This is correct. I owe them every year and this has happened to me the last two years

Comment

Working...
                            X