What is it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it worth?

I know nothing about traditional archery, but might be interested in trying. I found this bow for sale. What is it worth?

Ben Pearson All American Bow. All American 7064. This is a vintage 35# bow and 64"from the 1970s. Serial number 57316
    Attached Files

220swift, others may have better info for you about what this bow is worth/price, but here are a few things that might be helpful to get you started down the traditional path. This is a vintage bow, and if you don’t feel confident about what a safe traditional bow is, you really need to try to find someone who knows what to look for to check out this bow before it is strung up and shot. This bow will need the right bowstring material, will need to be set up with the right brace height, etc. You will also need to get arrows that “match” this bow. This “matching” and “tuning” is something traditional shooters do all the time for our recurves and longbows, and it is just part of the deal when shooting traditional. My point is just buying a bow like this only gets you started, and I really suggest you try to find some traditional shooters, archery shops, etc. in your area to help you set this bow up safely and correctly. What you can do yourself is first give that bow a real good look over for any cracks in wood or fiberglass or twisted limbs. Older bow can still be shot safely, but they need to pass a thorough safety muster before you use them. If that is the bow case for it you may have found a bow that is vintage, but has been taken care of over the years. I have one similar to it that is 25# and I matched some arrows to it a while back and I use it to introduce new folks to shooting traditional. That looks like it could be a real nice bow, and at 35# it is really a good choice for you to start shooting traditional so you can work on your “form” which is most important. My suggestion is if this bow checks out for safety with no cracks or twists and if you can work a deal for it and then match some arrows to it, this bow would be a real good way for you to start shooting traditional. Good luck, and if you don’t get this bow, get another one and start shooting traditional, you will dig it big time.

Comment

I appreciate the advice. Thank you.

Comment

$50.00 to $75.00 would be what I would pay. The case itself sold for $40.00 back in the day. Flemish string will run you $10.00 unless you can make one yourself. Pretty easy to do.

It is a good draw weight for you to learn on.

Comment

I agree with Jon. I'd pay more for the case than the bow

Comment

That would be cool to find, more so with the case. I have been looking for one like that for a while. That one looks like it is in very good condition.

Comment

Working...
            X