This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACE Rules of Engagement (Revised)

OK, I'm going to open the PACE back up, but under a strict and non negotiable set of guidelines. While similar to the original, please note that we will be monitoring and strictly enforcing infractions. I AM out to eliminate negative participation, and I will make no bones about that.

I'm making a last-ditch effort to clean up this forum before I pull the plug entirely. I'm holding us to a higher standard than the rest of the Internet Here are some requirements. Check back frequently to the OP because I'll probably be adding as we go...

1. Be respectful to the site and our members, with your posts and replies.

I shouldn't have to elaborate beyond that, but...

2. Name calling of any kind isn't appropriate. "Idiot", "not very smart", "clueless", "libtard", "trumpateer/trumpist/trumpkin", "karen", etc. aren't an appropriate way to address site members. This is zero tolerance going forward.

3. Name calling, even of politicians, reporters, public figures, etc. is juvenile. "Trumph", "Killary", "Obummer", "Lyin' Ted", etc. aren't appropriate for this site (or for presidential candidates, IMO...but I can't control that.)

NOTE: I have changed the infraction level for "Personal Insult/Name Calling" to 3 points, which will result in an automatic 5 day suspension for a first time offender (and potentially longer if you already have accumulated points)

4. Telling another member to "go away" (in various forms) or "get over it" isn't an appropriate or intelligent reply, and doesn't add value to the conversation, or the site.

5. If more than 50% of your posts to the site are in the Politics/Current Events forum, it's likely you're not adding value to the site. If you don't add value to the site, there's no use for you to be here.

6. I'm tired of the "spill-over" posts and "calling out" members on unrelated threads (and often other social media outlets). "I wonder what has to say about...". or "I bet wishes..." on other threads inside or outside of this forum is antagonistic. If you're the type to hold a grudge based on words on the internet, this likely isn't a good place for you to hang out.

7. Don't be antagonistic...intentionally or unintentionally.

8. Don't post memes or gifs.

Again, if you can't engage in polite, civil discourse in this forum, I don't want you here.

Contrary to what you may think (and to what I want to believe), individual divisive, negative, racist, etc. post reflects negatively on TexasBowhunter.com. If one person posts a racist viewpoint, the narrative outside of the site is that "TexasBowhunter.com" is racist (or liberal, or conservative, or divisive, or anti-2A, or...)
    My Flickr Photos

Will do El Captain

- only thing I will miss is some of the Memes theses guys found were hilarious.

Comment

The internet as a whole (not to mention our society) would be a whole lot better if every site took civility as seriously as you do, Michael.

Comment

Yea, please allow the "dedicated MEME threads"...

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Will do El Captain

I won’t lie it’s going to be hard to remember I can’t post them anymore.

Comment

Will keep it on the up and up

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              I won’t lie it’s going to be hard to remember I can’t post them anymore.
              (In a whisper). The meme thread is still open, give it a try.

Comment

I have to admit, I stayed away for several days because I was too busy and I really didn't like what I was seeing on here.

Comment

Good move.. It was needed..

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Will do El Captain

X 1000, I always made sure to ck for new Memes daily.

Comment

Wait, there's a point system?

Gary

Comment

I hope you'll keep to your word-- I'm sure it's a lot to deal with, but this forum is full of flagrant violations of these "rules" that seem to go unchecked, despite your claim of "zero tolerance."
                        If you won't do it I encourage you to pull the plug-- the level of rhetoric thrown around on this site is a black mark.

Comment

Imagine that. If we don’t agree with your views close the forum...
                          Here is a novel idea. If you don’t like it, go elsewhere...
                          This forum is full of different topics.

Austin... Interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post

Austin... Interesting...
                            It's not about agreeing with me-- it's about conversations devolving into personal attacks or name calling in direct conflict with the stated RoE above.
                            Kind of like your Austin comment-- an unproductive personal attack. That's pretty benign, but it gets a lot worse and it seems like Michael is after respectful, civil dialogue. I'm with him on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post

Austin... Interesting...
                              I have to admit that it's kind of funny that you follow me to the Rules of Engagement thread to make a non-constructive personal attack!

Comment

Working...
                              X