2020 TBH youth rodeo season... Let’s make it Happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
    Well Abbey and I are headed down to Bryan tomorrow afternoon for the CTYRA rodeo. She rides Saturday morning and then we will leave and head back and hopefully make her 2nd basketball game Saturday afternoon.

Buddy and her have been having great practice sessions this week leading up. Looking forward to seeing what they do.
    Go get 'em Abbey. Like I tell my daughter "Ride it like ya stole it"

Comment

While not my kid, I have coached her for 4 years and am close with the family. One of the best is done for her senior year. She was a state qualifier in all sports she played and would have competed for the state championship in powerlifting and track this year. She got hung up during goat tying and dislocated and broke her ankle. Absolutely breaks my heart for her as she is a tremendous athlete and an even better person.

Good Luck to all yalls kids!

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
        While not my kid, I have coached her for 4 years and am close with the family. One of the best is done for her senior year. She was a state qualifier in all sports she played and would have competed for the state championship in powerlifting and track this year. She got hung up during goat tying and dislocated and broke her ankle. Absolutely breaks my heart for her as she is a tremendous athlete and an even better person.

Hate to hear that. Hopefully she completey heals and can get back to competing.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post

Whats her name? I hope this is the last yr that Riley goat ties. All of them end up with messed up knee's and ankle's

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            Hate to hear that. Hopefully she completey heals and can get back to competing.
            She is going to be in a hard cast for 3 months then rehab. Had to be set with surgery.

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            Whats her name? I hope this is the last yr that Riley goat ties. All of them end up with messed up knee's and ankle's
            PM sent

Comment

Going through pics .. if you’re gonna rodeo you better be tough and get through it... bunch of bumps and bruises

Click image for larger version

Name:	946C9767-EF67-4434-B12C-A307E409CEB8.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	24605092

Click image for larger version

Name:	C1F66552-639D-4D53-9804-8892E04DF3A9.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	24605093

Comment

I like this look of determination on Sarah's face.

2nd and 3rd pics are when she came off her horse during the run. 4th pic is of her horse dirty because he laud over on her while she was warming up in the mud (somewhere she wasn't supposed to be) before the playday even started. She got dumped twice in one one and got right back on kept going.

Your right Brandon, If your gonna rodeo you better be tough.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well this afternoon Riley made to clean competive runs at the Open Barrel Race in Llano today. Nothing smoking but solid. Her horses aren’t in Rodeo shape but they will get there. 3x World Champion Brittany Tonzazzie won the race and Riley was mad cause she didn’t beat her. That made me smile

Comment

My girls 11 and 6 want to run barrels. Which is fine with this dad. But now the search starts for babysitters that won’t break the bank. Just glad they are interested in going since that’s all I did all the way through college. Good luck to all the young hands!

Comment

Well things didn’t go as planned for Abbey at the CTYRA in Bryan Saturday morning. She and Buddy were absolutely flying through the pole pattern. The horse went left and Abbey went right and fell off. She got up smiling because she knew she had just messed up a fast run.

She was fine and the horse was fine. Abbey’s pride was hurt is all.

The barrel run really don’t know what happened but Buddy spooked and stopped going around the 1st barrel. Abbey didn’t let him stop though and finished the run. Don’t really know what that was all about but he turned the other two barrels nice and tight. Buddy has turned 100s of barrels of different colors and has never done that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        Well this afternoon Riley made to clean competive runs at the Open Barrel Race in Llano today. Nothing smoking but solid. Her horses aren’t in Rodeo shape but they will get there. 3x World Champion Brittany Tonzazzie won the race and Riley was mad cause she didn’t beat her. That made me smile
                        That is the Riley attitude I know.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter28 View Post
                          My girls 11 and 6 want to run barrels. Which is fine with this dad. But now the search starts for babysitters that won’t break the bank. Just glad they are interested in going since that’s all I did all the way through college. Good luck to all the young hands!
                          Heck yeah. Nothing better than rodeo for kids.

Comment

Well things didn’t go as planned for Abbey at the CTYRA in Bryan Saturday morning. She and Buddy were absolutely flying through the pole pattern. The horse went left and Abbey went right and fell off. She got up smiling because she knew she had just messed up a fast run.

The barrel run really don’t know what happened but Buddy spooked and stopped going around the 1st barrel. Abbey didn’t let him stop though and finished the run. Don’t really know what that was all about but he turned the other two barrels nice and tight. Buddy has turned 100s of barrels of different colors and has never done that.
                            It happens. Sarah has had her fair share of WTH just happened. Kinda like the pics above of her coming off her horse. Kid hasn't been thrown since she was 4. And got chunked off twice in one day. As long as they get back up unharmed and get back on it is all good. Tell Abbey to keep at it and she will continue to get better and better.

Comment

No telling. I know with Lucy if Riley sits to soon Lucy will turn and duck. But really sometime they just do stupid things. Tell Abbey to shake it off

Comment

Good luck to all involved in rodeos. My daughter Julie rode in the Texas Youth Ranch Rodeo association through jr high and high school. She won 3 state championship saddles. We had loads of fun and made life long friends and memories.

Comment

Working...
                                X