Why camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why camera?

I'm looking for a new camera to self film hunts. Not looking to break the bank but get a quality video. What do you guys recommend? Most shots are within 25 yards for me.

Man, these days everything is high def with all the bells and whistles. My suggestion is hunt for the one with the tripod etc, that suits your needs best and go with that one. Or just make some kinda a mount with any camera

Comment

Go pro

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanshot View Post
        Man, these days everything is high def with all the bells and whistles. My suggestion is hunt for the one with the tripod etc, that suits your needs best and go with that one. Or just make some kinda a mount with any camera
        I'm leaning toward a tree mounted camera arm. Display is a must. Go pro is still a consideration just didn't like that you have to purchase the LCD backpack for it.

Comment

I have a small sony HD camera and I made a tree arm mount from a realtree ez hanger and a cabelas brand spotting scope mount for a truck window and it works great. I have three vids on here check em out for the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
            I have a small sony HD camera and I made a tree arm mount from a realtree ez hanger and a cabelas brand spotting scope mount for a truck window and it works great. I have three vids on here check em out for the quality.
            Thanks, ill check them out. I looked at the small Sonys and the small jvc.

Comment

They work well and the arm is simple and easy cost me about 40-50$

Comment

Ya for starting out you should get a consumer grade hd camcorder either by canon or Sony. I think if it was me I would buy the latest hd camcorder they make in the 300-400$ range and then buy you the gopro hero3 for $200. And trust me the LCD screen isn't necessary. I have one and choose not to use it because during the hunt you can easily just point and shoot and it will capture your subject. Check out my self filmed hog video (you got to see this hog hunt) for an example of what you can do by yourself with 1 gopro and a regular cam. Good luck!
                Last edited by Albommer; 05-13-2013, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X