Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    I'll measure mine next time I'm there, plus I plan to get another one soon. Whichever comes first, I'll post the measurements.
    My next one, I will have some 3" wide plates cut to just pop rivet or bolt to the existing plate. The plate is about 2" short of reaching the outside edge. I know they did that to keep rain from running down the side of the feeder and into the plate then to the motor, but with a small gap, I still don't have that problem yet the coons cannot reach the spinner. Before the mod, they could just barely reach it from the middle of the side... Really, you only have to have about 24" of plate to add to the middle 2/3 of the bottom plate and you'd be fine. They can't reach it from the corners anyway...
    Thank you.

Comment

You see my post on your other thread? I'm thinking that bottom plate is 24" square.

Comment

Anybody seen these yet

You see my post on your other thread? I'm thinking that bottom plate is 24" square.
        Was at Bucees looking at ez feeder, this caught my eye....fully carpet and looks to be portable

Buc-ee’s blinds..?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ElkHunter80 View Post
          Was at Bucees looking at ez feeder, this caught my eye....fully carpet and looks to be portable

Buc-ee’s blinds..?
          How much are they?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Buccees blind

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
            How much are they?

They come disassembled everything in a tub for transport and are fully carpeted with pretty good windows for 999.00 - fiberglass walls....staff was pretty helpful

Can’t find any info on them online
            Uncle dans stand

Comment

Originally posted by ElkHunter80 View Post
              They come disassembled everything in a tub for transport and are fully carpeted with pretty good windows for 999.00 - fiberglass walls....staff was pretty helpful

Can’t find any info on them online

Uncle dans stand
              For the tan one in front or lighter tan ones in the back?

Comment

For the tan one in front or lighter tan ones in the back?

One in front, the round one

Comment

Dimensions??
                  Looks really small, prob too small for a bow stand

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    Dimensions??
                    Looks really small, prob too small for a bow stand
                    I took a tape to it 5’6” circle

Comment

The ones behind that smaller one look pretty legit. Probably 2k though.

Comment

The ones behind that smaller one look pretty legit. Probably 2k though.

Those look like Redneck Blinds.

Comment

Buccees in Temple has 10+ in stock. Take a close look though, they are a mix of the variants. All of them seemed to have the housing underneath to protect the wiring and the spacers that fixed the sagging issue. But not all of them had the collar by the spinner to protect the wires. And some of the ones I looked at (with the collars and without) had the gap between the funnel and the bottom of the base.

Corn was 5.99.

Comment

Asf ez-feeder

BIL wanted to add another feeder at our local pig place so we bought an ASF EZ feeder from Bucees. Seems they have corrected a lot of issues the earlier feeders had so I was happy when I looked them over before buying. At $399 it’s still a helluva deal with any of the cheap modifications listed above.

I pulled the shroud from the motor wire and covered the wiring completely in loom to the timer area so there would no chafing issues as reported a time or two here. I also added a few sheet metal screws around the base so my OCD would stop ticking. [emoji1787]. They really don’t do anything but close a few gaps that might allow in bigger insects/spiders/wasp I don’t want in my timer area but the worked out nicely. I’m going to silicone the wire hole around the loom to keep corn out of the timer area although I think the loom’s size itself will help do that. Lastly I extended the plate out some. If ASF is reading, guys extend that out in your future units. It can’t cost much in production to add another 3” of plate on each end. Hell charge $410 or $420 if you need to but make it that way from the start. That being said, I found some 4x18“ 18 gauge steel plate that was perfect for this project. No flimsy metal they could bend to get at the spinner. It was $7/side so another $30 keeps it still at a nice price. Install took about 30 minutes.

Pics to follow

Last edited by Smart; 09-30-2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

That looks real nice Jason! That plate extension pretty much solved my coon spinning the impeller problems!

Comment

That looks real nice Jason! That plate extension pretty much solved my coon spinning the impeller problems!

Good to hear Charlie. I probably could have gotten by cheaper if I looked around for the right scrap but for $7 each and all I had to do was paint it, lay it there and drill holes, it was worth not having to mess with looking or cutting.

Comment

Working...
                                X