No announcement yet.

Pat Mayse- Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that's what I'm doing too. Finally got everything in this past week so I can start practicing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats awesome man. LEt me know how it treats you. I've heard nothing but great things about it so I figured id do the switch. Plus it would take me anywhere from 30-45 minutes to sit up in the past which is way too long and I know I made way too much noise.

Comment

Yeah I haven't gotten my routine down yet but practice makes perfect is what they say. Lol

Comment

Last year was my first year hunting out of a Treestand. Had some success in learning the system and how to improve my gear to make me more mobile. Bought a saddle this year and I think it will be great for getting to some spots. Saw lots of good bucks and a few up and comers. I hunted from the ground at Pat Mayse as well. Had a really cool encounter and had a young doe walk within 3 yards of me on the ground. I’m hoping they don’t close the WMA to overnight camping. If they do, myself and quote a few other hunts will likely not even purchase the APH. Staying in a hotel for multiple outings isn’t feasible from a cost perspective. Hope everyone has a good season! I’ve enjoyed getting to meet fellow hunters out there

Comment

Glad to hear you had such cool encounters! I personally don’t think they will close it off for camping but if they do for whatever reason I’ll just sleep on the Jeep at the Walmart or
            Civic center. I’m really hoping they don’t though but we shall see

Comment

If they close camping at the WMA, will the campgrounds around Pat Mayse be closed too?

Comment

Man, that’s a great question. On one hand I’d say they would just because if they close camping in one area they would probably have to close it in all areas. On the other hand though, they make money off of the other campgrounds I.E. Sanders Cove, Pat Mayse East and Pat Mayse West and they don’t make money off of the WMA camping. It’s hard to tell really. I guess we just wait and see

Comment

Well luckily with Pat Mayse, Cooper and Caddo National Grasslands so close overnight camping is not a have to thing for me but I understand other folks worries.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
                    Shot this buck last year at pat mayse. Excited for what this year has in store.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
                    Very nice brother.

Comment

Originally posted by outdoorsnetx View Post
                      I haven't bagged a deer yet, I think there are good deer all around pat mayse. I had cameras with decent pictures and sat in both WMA and Corps land last year. Didn't bag one but I plan on getting one this year. I will have more time to hunt finally. I have heard some stories that Mayse in years past had some extremely nice bucks pulled off it. I think Cooper lake has a better gene pool and I really like it down there but seems pat mayse is less pressured so I plan on staying up here. Have any of you hunted the grass lands north of Bonham? My friend at work said he was driving through a couple years ago and got out and watched the largest buck of his life for a few minutes. Said he was HUGE and had Webbed antlers.
                      I have hunted there. Requires lots of scouting and lots of wait time. No rattling or grunting or any of that the deer there are used to it and you’ll spook them. Best bet is sit still, draw 0 attention and sit all day.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasArrow View Post
                        I have hunted there. Requires lots of scouting and lots of wait time. No rattling or grunting or any of that the deer there are used to it and you’ll spook them. Best bet is sit still, draw 0 attention and sit all day.
                        Have you ever tried the Ladonia unit? I rode around over there in early February but never could get a dry day to scout.

Comment

I refuse to let this thread die hahaha. Good luck to everyone going out tomorrow morning. I’m currently on my way into Paris and I’ll be out at Pay Mayse camping. If any of y’all see a black Jeep Compass feel free to come say hi! Also be safe!! And have fun

Comment

I am at lbj this weekend but couple weeks I will be at pay mayse.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds good man. If you need any help dragging out a big one just let me know. Especially if it’s anything like the last one ha

Comment

Thank you sir I will hopefully get one down like that one I also got draw for grapevine lake.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X