lake georgetown qualification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lake georgetown qualification

My brother and I went to lake georgetown today to qualify for deer season there, both scored 100 of 100. Met some nice folks including El Jefe from this site. Good luck to every one shooting tommorow.

New to forum and lake georgetown. Shot a 85 on Sat. How does the scoring effect the drawing?

Comment

Hi earl. Everyone involved has told me a little different story, but the best I can tell they will take only 125 people. They will take everyone that scored 100 first, if that does not equal 125 people they take all the 95's and so on. When they get to the group that puts the number over 125, they'll do a random drawing out of that group of people to fill the remainder of the spots. It was my first time at georgetown also and I'm not real sure what to expect, but i usually see a boatload of deer every time I'm in the area. best of luck to you.

Comment

You have it about right. Rangers told me they have 120 permits this year. Last year they had to cut 7 who qualified with 80s. They had almost 200 people signed up to shoot this year, but I don't know how many qualified.

Everybody who shoots 80 or above can go on the MLD hunts with the rangers, even if they don't get drawn for a permit.

One nice change this year is that they are reissuing unclaimed permits. So folks who get cut in the drawing might still get in if some permits don't get picked up by the deadline.

Comment

Hey Jon

I finished up with a 90. How did you do?

Bowhawg/Bonifacio

Comment

I shot a 100. Glad to hear you made it, this should be a good year for the does and spikes.

Comment

I wont rest easy until I get that card in my hands.

Comment

Flatbroke it was good to meet you and your brother on saturday at the quals I am really looking forward to this year congrats to everyone that made it on goodluck on your season.

Comment

I saw some dates written on the board there. Does anybody what dates were on that board?

thanks!!!

Comment

The way I remember it permits will be available 8/15-9/14. After 9/14 unclaimed permits will be offered to people who qualified but got cut in the drawing. Access hunts to be scheduled starting 9/4.

I could have the dates off a little. If you call them, they will set you straight.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
                      The way I remember it permits will be available 8/15-9/14. After 9/14 unclaimed permits will be offered to people who qualified but got cut in the drawing. Access hunts to be scheduled starting 9/4.

I could have the dates off a little. If you call them, they will set you straight.
                      Just got back in town, looks like some info was lost.

Got a message from the Ranger at Georgetown and got picked today.

Going this week sto set up feeder and blind.

Very excited!!!

Comment

is anyone going to do the access hunts?

Comment

Working...
                        X