No announcement yet.

100 Yard Bottle Bomb Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is in most cases when someone sees someone else consistently give what they consider bad advice most people won’t dare say anything. At least Scott has the stones to call someone out when he feels they are giving bad advice!
    True, at times it gets a little heated on both sides but I actually kinda get a kick out of it!
    Livens up the place cause it does get a little boring sometimes!
    Maybe I’m just weird! Lol

Sorry OP!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
      The problem is in most cases when someone sees someone else consistently give what they consider bad advice most people won’t dare say anything. At least Scott has the stones to call someone out when he feels they are giving bad advice!
      True, at times it gets a little heated on both sides but I actually kinda get a kick out of it!
      Livens up the place cause it does get a little boring sometimes!
      Maybe I’m just weird! Lol

Sorry OP!
      I don't have a problem with disagreeing with someone's advice. But what makes person A, that has x amount of experience, any more credible than person B, that has a comparable amount of experience? Honestly even that wasn't my point. My point was it seems to me that this little rivalry (read pissing contest) has grown to the point that several threads have been hi-jacked or at least derailed. No hard feelings towards either Swamp or DRT as I have enjoyed several of their posts and have gained a little knowledge from both of them.

JMHO FWIW

Comment

I know both Scott and Gary personally. Scott is probably one of the more experienced trad guys that posts regularly, and he's a good dude. Gary has the drive for sure and is progressing really quick, probably more so than the average guy. They'll both openly tell ya that they're pretty opinionated and outspoken, so......that's where it comes from. It's all good. Neither one of them are intentional trouble makers so I'm sure things will cool off!!

Comment

Go shoot an exploding bottle, or heck even pop a balloon. It'll make y'all feel better.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
            Go shoot an exploding bottle, or heck even pop a balloon. It'll make y'all feel better.

Rick
            I just might.. Id have to put my bottle in an arm floatie though because we don't have a 100yds in one stretch that isn't underwater. lol

And just for the record I don't feel bad.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
              I know both Scott and Gary personally. Scott is probably one of the more experienced trad guys that posts regularly, and he's a good dude. Gary has the drive for sure and is progressing really quick, probably more so than the average guy. They'll both openly tell ya that they're pretty opinionated and outspoken, so......that's where it comes from. It's all good. Neither one of them are intentional trouble makers so I'm sure things will cool off!!
              Funny you say that because if you go back through the green screen posts they appear to have started shooting or at least talking about and asking questions about traditional archery with in about 1 month of each other. So like I said the seem to have comparable experience levels and VERY DIFFERENT personal preferences. LOL

Comment

Guys I don't know him personally. I respect his abilities with a bow. I also know he is friends with people here I like so I'm sure he is a solid individual. I'm not sure when I offended him personally and it was not my intent to. I've attempted to apologize for that and realistically I can't do much more than that.
                In life you aren't going to be liked by everyone. Honestly I don't need him, or any particular person in general, to like me. However I haven't just been looking for posts just to contradict and belittle him on. I don't agree with a process or piece of equipment used I'll tell you why I prefer another and let you make your choice.
                I have a different sense of humor. Sometimes I offend without intention due to that. I also am not good with doing stuff "because I told you to" and that offends some. Most people who have shared a hunting camp or sat around a campfire with me know I will always work hard to do my part and take care of the needs of others if I have the ability to do so. I'm not just a smart *** but that part does come with the package.
                Again, if I made the "first shove" I apologize. To Swamp and the rest of the trad camp.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                  I just might.. Id have to put my bottle in an arm floatie though because we don't have a 100yds in one stretch that isn't underwater. lol

And just for the record I don't feel bad.
                  You don't have to be feeling bad to feel better.
                  Just saying.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                    You don't have to be feeling bad to feel better.
                    Just saying.

Rick
                    Very True..... Never actually stopped to think about it that way.

Comment

really cool

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                        Funny you say that because if you go back through the green screen posts they appear to have started shooting or at least talking about and asking questions about traditional archery with in about 1 month of each other. So like I said the seem to have comparable experience levels and VERY DIFFERENT personal preferences. LOL
                        I don't know when Gary started actually shooting trad. But I know when I did. I have been at it for a measly 4.5 years. Still just a newby trying to soak it all up and figure it out. I have learned a ton from some great fellas on here... alot of which don't post much, or at all.

There is a big difference in my book between questioning to understand vs questioning to argue. I have heard lots of advice that doesnt work for me... but I dont try to be openly condescending about it... a trait that follows the theme of this group for years.

But there has been a voice of negativity lately... one of throwing advice back in peoples face... belittling thier experience and just comparing it to thier own... a vein of judgemental nature.

I have met Gary once and he was rude and condescending to me directly as well as others. I give people online the benefit of the doubt until I have met them.

I chose to ignore it publically on here... but yes, I drew the line when it turned into giving advice about things that did more harm than good.

It also did raise my hackles more recently when he posted outside the the trad forum and threw the trad forum under the bus... that was intentional snarkiness and condescending tone that set me off... maybe you didn't see it... or it didn't bug you.

It did me. Plenty of folks spent alot of time on here helping people... they are humble and don't look for praise... I try my best to be like those people. Uplifting, encouraging, and not argumentative, sharing what others have taught me.

For the record... I am an average, at best, hunter and trad bow hunter. There are way too many folks on here that hunt and shoot on a much higher level. While I appreciate the kind words, I am not deserving. So even though I think Gary started a few years after me, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Now... I do care what people think of me. It's something more people should do so that they keep thier actions in check. And because of that... even though there is a much bigger picture than you have painted... i respect that this looks differently to those who have not been around much.... or that I have become the negativity that bothered me so much in the first place.

And with that... i apoologize for ruining your TBH experience. I am out and will once again filter stuff out and maybe just take a break all together from this site.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

In the immortal words of Rodney King: Can we all just get along?

Some of us could probably use a little more restraint.

Some of us could probably be a little less sensitive.

Others could avoid fanning flames.

While we're sticking up for the Traditional Forum, I'd personally love to see more shooting the weekly challenge shots.

For the record, I haven't met Scott, but have enjoyed and appreciated his analytical approach to archery and hunting issues and strategies. I have met and hunted with Gary, and enjoy his company in the field and around the campfire. I have found him fun and knowledgeable in many areas. Does he like to poke the bear? Yes.

Comment

It could be worse.

You could have someone going around posting incomplete quotes from you, presenting those quotes totally out of context, then inviting others to dog pile with him onto you for a good old fashion gang bang crucifixion.

I say - back to back, 50 paces, turn & fire.

Rick

Comment

What do us old guys do that can't see 50 paces??

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you remember when I shot that rutting buck in the neck and the arrow fell out and that Rymancat drunk and his 20 something chronies jumped on my case so bad over on Stickbow. Said I was a "FOOL" for shooting a deer in the neck. Turned me off of that site completely!!!

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X