Spring Type Pellet Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Type Pellet Gun

I was looking to buy a 22 cal pellet gun for squirrels in my neighborhood. Any recommendations for something in the $300 range & below.

The absolute best there is is a Beman R1 in 22 cal. Shoot JSB heavy's... death on squirrels in the 35 yards and in range.

Mount a 3-9 AO Hawke scope with a scope stop and you're good to go...

A little more than $300 for the complete set up, but you can also sell it for almost what you gave for it when the time comes to upgrade...
    Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 05-29-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I’m considering the same thing- The only thing I’ll add is it has to be relatively quiet shooting in the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am about half tempted to buy. CO2 10/22 pellet gun for squirrels in the backyard. Get 50 shots per 2 canisters.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd try to find an RWS. I have a .177 caliber RWS and it's the most accurate,most powerful pellet gun I've ever had. Will literally knock a sparrows head in half.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
            I am about half tempted to buy. CO2 10/22 pellet gun for squirrels in the backyard. Get 50 shots per 2 canisters.

I have this one- it’s solid, just wondering if there’s one that’s quieter.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
              I have this one- it’s solid, just wondering if there’s one that’s quieter.

How loud is it? I live in a pretty redneck neighborhood so if it is normal pellet gun sound that should be fine for my use

Comment

I got a Gamo .177. I use Crossman hollowpoints and I have taken many squirrels home,from the deer stand,kinda fun. Probably ruined a deer hunt shooting squirrels.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  The absolute best there is is a Beman R1 in 22 cal. Shoot JSB heavy's... death on squirrels in the 35 yards and in range.

Mount a 3-9 AO Hawke scope with a scope stop and you're good to go...

A little more than $300 for the complete set up, but you can also sell it for almost what you gave for it when the time comes to upgrade...
                  Is this the super magnum ? They sell for $615
                  All the places I checked were out of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    I'd try to find an RWS. I have a .177 caliber RWS and it's the most accurate,most powerful pellet gun I've ever had. Will literally knock a sparrows head in half.
                    This..... I have an RWS "Diana"...…..
                    They don't stand a chance at 40yds.... Especially with a scope......
                    I shoot competition pellets.... They will reach out...….

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                      Is this the super magnum ? They sell for $615
                      All the places I checked were out of stock.

Yea, that's it. For your info, here's a good review and write up on it. There are other models similar that are more available... Any of the Beeman line of guns will be first class and highest quality and accuracy you can buy off the shelf. (for spring air guns)

American Airguns Website - The first website about airguns, air pistol, air rifle, and accessories.

Comment

I have a Crossman Trail NP2 .22 and its a beast... i believe it was around $250 and came with a decent scope. Look on Pyramid Air website

Comment

Midway has some factory reconditioned gamo whisper .22 cal on sale for 85 bucks regular ones are 250 i got one last week and it shoots hard

Comment

Man if you are going to spend the coin get a rws airking 54. In town I would get a pumper like a 1322 or older Benjamin but if you are sold on a spring gun. The best built is a airking 54. I have shot some very nice beams and they cant compare . Sold a very nice webley scott....too

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                              I have a Crossman Trail NP2 .22 and its a beast... i believe it was around $250 and came with a decent scope. Look on Pyramid Air website
                              My Train NP 2 can’t hit a collared dove at 20 yards and that’s after a $50 Tommy DaTuna trigger upgrade.

My next one will be a .25 PCP

Comment

Working...
                              X