Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy Hog Quest

Didn't expect creating Barr hogs to be this controversial
    Last edited by woodsman08; 05-17-2020, 02:07 PM.

deleted
    Last edited by woodsman08; 05-17-2020, 02:07 PM. Reason: n/a

Comment

And why are you doing this???? I can’t believe you Trapping pigs and then turn around and let some go this is BS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangefinder View Post
        And why are you doing this???? I can’t believe you Trapping pigs and then turn around and let some go this is BS!!
        lol, we do our part and kill a lot of pigs every year. Barr pigs (castrated) can no longer reproduce, their meat tastes better, their cutters get much larger because they don't thin them by grinding on their wetters (upper teeth) due to not fighting over territory/women, and they grow much bigger. The lack of grinding keeps the cutters from getting too thin and making them vulnerable to breaking off.

Comment

Say it isn’t so. First question, how often do you trap cockroaches in your home, or other homes for that matter, and then turn them loose back into your home. Or
          Mice, or rats, or ants, you get the picture...

Not sure where you are at, but if it’s private property you don’t own, your butt would be GONE if I found out you were turning pigs loose to destroy more property.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post

Not sure where you are at, but if it’s private property you don’t own, your butt would be GONE if I found out you were turning pigs loose to destroy more property.
            Private property and the owner is with me. No farming anywhere near us, but would definitely get your perspective if there was.

You are good at drawing rainbows
            Last edited by woodsman08; 05-17-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Dang y’all fellas must have a good view sitting that high on your horse. Putting a few pigs on the neuter scooter isn’t going to change anything. They get big quick and are more fun to hunt. Shoot all the ones that can breed and have fun hunting the ones that can’t. Don’t let these cry babies tell you what to do on your property. Y’all sound like a bunch of dang Democrats trying to force your will on everyone else.

Comment

Maybe posting this was a not so smart idea. A bar hog is just as destructive as aNY other hog. Folks lIke you are definitely part of the problem. If your going to bar them then take them with you and you and pen them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                  Dang y’all fellas must have a good view sitting that high on your horse. Putting a few pigs on the neuter scooter isn’t going to change anything. They get big quick and are more fun to hunt. Shoot all the ones that can breed and have fun hunting the ones that can’t. Don’t let these cry babies tell you what to do on your property. Y’all sound like a bunch of dang Democrats trying to force your will on everyone else.
                  Definitely not stopping me Fajkus7, just don't want to listen the BS from people. Was just sharing because I thought people would enjoy following along and potentially learning something about the range, rate of growth, etc from Barr pigs.

I do understand that a lot of people have damage from pigs, me included. That being said, this is not an area where that's an issue. Frankly me releasing a few pigs isn't going to make an ounce of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman08 View Post
                    Definitely not stopping me Fajkus7, just don't want to listen the BS from people. Was just sharing because I thought people would enjoy following along and potentially learning something about the range, rate of growth, etc from Barr pigs.

I do understand that a lot of people have damage from pigs, me included. That being said, this is not an area where that's an issue. Frankly me releasing a few pigs isn't going to make an ounce of difference.
                    Especially ones that can’t make any more baby pigs

Comment

Don’t know enough about the practice of making Barr hogs to have much of an opinion one way or the other but would love to hear more about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                        Maybe posting this was a not so smart idea. A bar hog is just as destructive as aNY other hog. Folks lIke you are definitely part of the problem. If your going to bar them then take them with you and you and pen them up.
                        "Folks like you" I've killed 58 in the last 2 months. Still "doing my part" and releasing castrated boars to have some trophies to add to the excitement isn't something I feel is wrong. To each his own, but killing vs castrating some trapped boars isn't going to move the needle. Again, not an area were pigs are a problem, just a game animal to us.

Comment

Wow, a bunch of wadded up panties today.

I tell ya, for every man that releases a few barrs each year perhaps those same guys quit shooting, trapping and running them with dogs. Most who release a few barrs kill 10 times that many.

Hogs a nuecience no doubt but let's be real, all the guys that claim to be thinning the herd are simultaneously baiting them to the ranchers land. I have permission to hunt a couple of places with the mandate that we build large and sturdy pens. One even says no road chummimg which is darn near against my religion.

To the op, I hope you lopped or notched an ear so you can avoid shooting them too soon.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Folks running unfenced deer feeders are doing waaaaay more to contribute to the hog problem than those castrating boars...

Enjoy doing what you want on your own place.

Comment

Nothing I love more than arrowing a bar hog. I always thank the unknown soldier who cut his cahonnes and making the perfect pork back strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X