No announcement yet.

New Ford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pops was looking to buy a new vehicle about two weeks ago. He called the dealership and told them he was interested in a particular vehicle at the online price and that he would pay exactly that online advertised price and buy that day. Then they hit him with the dealer adds, this and that qualifiers, etc. No deal was made due to this.

At a restaurant I can buy food at the price on the menu. When trying to do that at a dealership it’s is never that simple.

If they didn’t make more doing business the way they do, they would price their stuff competitively and compete that way but there is no incentive to do so. Too many people willing to pay whatever when they love a vehicle and finance at double digit interest rates, roll negative equity, absorb just another couple grand for the dealer adds at closing time due to the sales pitch and pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
      Only place I know where they ask you, "what do you want your payment to be ".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Or, if I can get you this payment, “sign right here your commitment to purchase and I’ll take this to so and so”

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
        Or, if I can get you this payment, “sign right here your commitment to purchase and I’ll take this to so and so”

i always love that one i just respond with well let me talk to so and so save you some running back and forth........

Comment

Yea, you sit right here and "let me go ask my manager"....
          Come on' yourself! Car dealerships created the mess you guys have to deal in. Just watch the TV commercials or listen to the Radio or go on line, then go to the dealership and see the REAL difference... Even your own pricing structure based on floor plan is a sham. Your "invoice" is NOT your cost... You want to sell a lot of trucks, advertise them at tripple Net (NNN). Then you'll be getting into the ball park. I'm sure your dealership is as honest as the day is long, but you're gonna have to so that to be true rather than getting on here and bashing folks for wanting to get the best deal they can from a bunch of folks that invented "the deal". Good luck with your dealerships.

Comment

I have always said that if it isn`t a good deal for the dealer it will not be leaving the lot.....................Period !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenZ View Post
              Make the prices like a menu then, take it or leave it.
              Y’all made the game, don’t get mad when people learn to play.
              Amen!

Originally posted by HCF_CUSTOMS View Post
              "Learn to play"? Maybe someday, you will realize that relationships are worth way more than saving a few bucks and supporting business that support your community and your kids....but then again, maybe you won't. You gentlemen have a nice evening.
              After I bought my second new truck, from a particular dealership, I was having a vibration problem. It's a very long story, but in the end, the dealership that I bought it from told me to take the truck and never come back to their dealership.

I know this isn't the way every dealer works, but stuff like this is why I don't care if I don't fit your buyer's mold.

And how is it OK for y'all to jockey the numbers, with a trade, etc., and all the other crap you pull ... but not OK for a buyer to volley?

We all have to feed our families, but you're not getting any sympathy from me.

Comment

Subscribed to this one
                Last edited by juanlien; 04-28-2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

How can you tell if a car salesman is lying?

Comment

Cmon guys. There is very little mystery left in the car business. 2020 Super Duties do not have much in the way of rebates. Find a dealer you like with a good service department, develop a RELATIONSHIP with them and enjoy your new truck. Did you realize dealerships have real people that work there? They actually might even have a wife and kids to support? Maybe they even volunteer in their local community? Maybe some go to church with you?
                    Someone above said, "kick them in the groin" because they are hurting right now!!!!
                    Great attitude. Do you do the same at your local restaurant with 100% profit margins? " Hey buddy, I know that steak on your menu is listed for $20.00...I will give you $11 or I am walking out of here!!!!". Especially saying that kinda crap right now when so many businesses are hurting.
                    Being a dealer is the only business I know where making 6% margin is against the "law".
                    You people really need to get off your constant "bash the dealer" attitudes. I BE one. I have 5 kids, I go to church, we donate $1,000's of dollars to our local schools each year, I have served on the school board, I have helped coach local kids, we give out scholarships each year.....just your average crook I guess. I am glad our God is not as harsh judging us as some of you people judge others here. I usually try to offer helpful advice when people ask, but this kinda crap is exactly why these forums can get so toxic sometimes. Best wishes with your vehicle purchase. I personally have a 7.3 F250 and it has been a great vehicle so far.
                    Rob Mersinger

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    That’s gonna leave a mark if you don’t quit patting yourself on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by 68rustbucket View Post
                      How can you tell if a car salesman is lying?
                      their mouth is moving?

Comment

I hate buying vehicles, its a ripoff from the time it leaves the dealership till the time you sell it. I dont car shop at all,it is wasted time for me. I know a bunch of y'all are loyal to Ford and search the internet for deals and make cold calls to the dealer and haggle. That aint me, I just cant do it.

I been going to the same GMC dealership for 17 years, I tell the owner what I want and they go get it. I write the check and leave, when I need a service or repair they will get me a loaner, put me in the front of the line and call me when to go pick it up. I reckon that is about as good as it gets for me. I probably could drive to San Antonio and save a couple thousand dollars, but I dont know any of them yayhoos and I might as well get poked in the eyes by someone I know than a stranger.

Comment

I'm gonna drive my Ram till the wheels fall off.

Dealing with the boys down at the Deere establishment isn't any better. [emoji52] I need a tractor but we are finding all kinds of excuses not to get one because of the stress of the buying process.

The one thing I've learned in my 40 years is if it isn't win/win it isn't right!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cmon guys. There is very little mystery left in the car business. 2020 Super Duties do not have much in the way of rebates. Find a dealer you like with a good service department, develop a RELATIONSHIP with them and enjoy your new truck. Did you realize dealerships have real people that work there? They actually might even have a wife and kids to support? Maybe they even volunteer in their local community? Maybe some go to church with you?
                            Someone above said, "kick them in the groin" because they are hurting right now!!!!
                            Great attitude. Do you do the same at your local restaurant with 100% profit margins? " Hey buddy, I know that steak on your menu is listed for $20.00...I will give you $11 or I am walking out of here!!!!". Especially saying that kinda crap right now when so many businesses are hurting.
                            Being a dealer is the only business I know where making 6% margin is against the "law".
                            You people really need to get off your constant "bash the dealer" attitudes. I BE one. I have 5 kids, I go to church, we donate $1,000's of dollars to our local schools each year, I have served on the school board, I have helped coach local kids, we give out scholarships each year.....just your average crook I guess. I am glad our God is not as harsh judging us as some of you people judge others here. I usually try to offer helpful advice when people ask, but this kinda crap is exactly why these forums can get so toxic sometimes. Best wishes with your vehicle purchase. I personally have a 7.3 F250 and it has been a great vehicle so far.
                            Rob Mersinger

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Maybe you ought to get in the restaurant business....plenty available.

I've had dealt with the sodomites known as "service" departments enough times to not give 2 ****s how much money anyone makes selling a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                              their mouth is moving?
                              Winner!

Comment

Just had one put the destination and delivery charges on the window sticker and again on the breakdown after rebates and discount, not happy with that one. 2 offers and nothing over 2500 off window sticker!

Comment

Working...
                                X