Mega Tank Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
    When you are done if you will post a list of things you wish you would've done or done differently, I would appreciate it. Did you keep the bottom to use as well? or was that half not tall enough to use as a blind?

I've got a tank that I am going to convert as well. I can tell already I should just buy my krivo and move on.....

I’ll definitely do a full write up once this one is done. The bottom half will get made into a blind as well. Both halves are 6’ tall. I’m hoping I can work all the kinks out on this first blind before I start on the second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks incredible.

Comment

It’s been a while since I’ve worked on the blind, but the first one is finally ready for caulk and paint. I got all of the holes in the top sealed up yesterday. I ended up using the window cut outs to seal the large holes and I used a rubber maid trash can lid to cover the manhole on top. Once it is all caulked in, it should be nice and dry on the inside.

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

I got blind #1 painted today. I went with a flat black on the inside and cedar-ish green on the outside with a few tree limb accents. I’m no artists, but once this thing is shoved inside a giant clump of cedar trees, it should blend in pretty well. All that is left is installing the windows, which I will do once it is on the lease. Hopefully I can get started on Blind #2 later this week. I already have the steel cut for it, just need to find an evening to weld it up.

Comment

Thats awesome! I know how much work goes into those!! I like the way you did your windows. That thing is going to be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                Thats awesome! I know how much work goes into those!! I like the way you did your windows. That thing is going to be awesome!

Thanks. Hopefully the second one goes a little quicker now that I have the measurements and process figured out

Comment

Finally started making progress on the second blind. On Saturday I got the platform welded up. Yesterday I screwed and liquid nailed the plywood down and got the tank power washed and flipped over onto the platform. Hopefully I will get doors and windows cut in this evening.

Comment

awesome job

Comment

Dang! Those just look heavy, lol!! Awesome stuff and thank you for taking us along!

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                        Dang! Those just look heavy, lol!! Awesome stuff and thank you for taking us along!

They aren’t light, that’s for sure. It’s going to take some serious manpower to get these blinds up in the air. I originally wanted to put the 8’ up, but after seeing how heavy they are, I’m changing that to 4’. The trailer that I’m hauling them on sits 30” off the ground, so I will only need to pick them up 18” to slide the legs in

Comment

I got a full afternoon of work in on the second blind today. The door is cut, blind is secured to the platform and the windows are cut and framed. All that is left is the vents, caulk, and paint.

We are going to haul both of them down to the lease the week after the 4th. Let’s hope we have have enough manpower to lift these heavy sons of guns up in the air. I originally planned on elevating them 8’. But after seeing how heavy they are, I think 4-5’ will be more realistic. I really wish I had access to a tractor or skid steer. Worst case scenario, I may have to rent a hand frank material hoist for a day.

Comment

I got the vents and door hardware installed on the Second blind and got it painted this evening. I also spray foamed where the blind meets the platform and around the window frames to try and keep the critters out. The only thing lefts is a little bit of caulking to fully dry it in.

Comment

Looks awesome man, did a fine job

Comment

Nice work, they look great!

Comment

Working...
                                X