2020 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
    We are starting to get some squash. Green beans and tomatoes are close. Cucumbers and eggplants are behind. Potatoes have a while to go to harvest. But reLly surprised at how slow my peppers are growing this year. They are usually the best. Will post some pics in a minute.

My peppers are super slow this year as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We did mostly flowers this year, but we stuck some tomatoes, carrots, sunflowers, and lots of lettuce heads in there. The final pic is of the wildflower bed. That spot is right against the south fence, so it gets zero direct sun until about the beginning of May. We gave up on trying veggies there for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking garden Ikeman!!

I picked my first calabasita ever! Will be cooking it up tomorrow...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Good looking garden Ikeman!!

I picked my first calabasita ever! Will be cooking it up tomorrow...
          Love those. I need to try planting them.

Comment

Did a little harvesting in the garden this morning.
            2015 onions, garlic, a few green beans, asparagus, and a Cherokee Purple tomato.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
              Did a little harvesting in the garden this morning.
              2015 onions, garlic, a few green beans, asparagus, and a Cherokee Purple tomato.
              Good deal. I put all of my garlic and onions up today. And pulled my first tomato. Tis the season!!

Comment

Transplanted my plants into their final pots. Put the best ones in 5gal and the leftovers in 3gal. Put my overwintered habanero in 7gal, he got rootbound in a 3gal in one month!

Comment

Man I’m getting old. Looking forward to starting a garden at our forever/retirement homestead in a couple of months. I’ll definitely be back for some advice

Comment

First year planting and first “harvest”
                    Red Potatoes, kale, sugar snap peas, cilantro (was being overtaken by zucchini), yellow squash, zucchini and a couple of 2015 onions. Going to add another raised bed next year to put all the squash varieties in it and away from fence. Tomatoes and peppers are still real slow, guess that’s normal?

Comment

What’s y’all’s take on a purple chili pequin plant? Chili’s have been on the plant for about a month. Stayed purple the whole time. New chili’s are going from green to red. Will the purple ones turn red too, or are they done? I don’t want to pick them too early, but I’m tempted to so they don’t go bad or cause the plant to slow down. With as early as it is in the season, I have buckets more chili’s that will come off this plant, so...pick em or let me sit until red?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Pick them. It was prolly a little cool when they put on. My japs do it in the fall when temps start to drop. They will still taste like peppers.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                          Pick them. It was prolly a little cool when they put on. My japs do it in the fall when temps start to drop. They will still taste like peppers.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                            Thanks!

If you get sick, blame it on the Covid

Comment

Dang. I picked 175. Probably that many more purple ones left on the plant that will ripen this week then all the peppers that I think will turn red afterwards.

Comment

2020 Gardening thread

The melon patch is producing, sweet corn is looking good and dug some potatoes some potatoes a couple weeks ago.

Last edited by slabnabbin; 05-17-2020, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X