Stimulus Check is In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
    Got mine and wife and I are ok. Other than constant (but needed and not complaining) assistance to a family member. My daughter who really needs it changed bank accounts so it is lost in nowhere land to send. She tried hard to update at IRS a new account but never made it through. Now she is in hospital (Not Covid) and really needs it but only she can correct the info and I can not visit to help her. Life does not make sense sometimes. I at least have mine to assist as needed. Be wise folks. God Bless

I’ve been supplementing my MIL $1000 a month for 6 or 7 months now. That should stop with all this money being thrown around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
      Ya’ll are welcome. I think I am paying for most of these with my tax this year, I own them a bunch this year and I will wait till the very last day to send it in
      Comments like this drive me to drink. my wife and I paid a good amount in income taxes last year, we got a stimulus check. If a household makes 160 grand a year they would pay around $43,000 in income tax, they would still qualify for a stimulus check. Someone making 160 grand a year is far from Rich but they are nowhere near poor. I’m not a fan of the stimulus package but the bad information out there drives me nuts.

And for those of you wondering why you got a check it is based on AGI, bottom line not top. It was discussed in a forum earlier, if you are making 200 bottom line you will live.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
        Ya’ll are welcome. I think I am paying for most of these with my tax this year, I own them a bunch this year and I will wait till the very last day to send it in

Oh, so you’re the ONE person who pays taxes!

Comment

Got mine, now to pay off the loan I got for all the TP that I bought.

Comment

I miss having to cut a check & can't wait to be back in that position...cry me a river.

Comment

Heck I am happy they went off on 2018 when my wife was working half time and still in school.. We got the full amount with two kids.. Will come in handy with me currently changing jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by justincorbell View Post
                probably a stupid question however I am not up to date on all of this. If we did not get our taxes direct deposited how do we receive the check? will it be a hard check in the mail or what?
                Mailed unless you go to the IRS website and see if they prompt you to put in banking info for the direct deposit

Comment

Didn’t think me and the wife were getting anything,really didn’t need it because her or my work hasn’t slowed down any,got $2400 deposited yesterday,it must have passed right by the $2200 I sent in last week for my 2019 tax’s.

Comment

I’ve only lost about 30% of my pay, so we aren’t in any great need for it at the moment. But, my industry has seen a 95% reduction in revenue essentially overnight. So, we are setting it back in case of furloughs.

We also spent the last 5 years busting our tails paying off every dang debt we had except the house. Then, we busted our butts building a moderate savings. That has put us in a MUCH better position than if this had happened 2-3 years ago. We would have been screwed, because we were relying on 30% of my check being overtime. Not even making full straight time would have killed us.

I sure am glad she was a nazi with the budget all this time! I’d be broke without her!

Comment

Will people on social security get the check?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                        Yes, my wife and I got ours.

Comment

^^^^^, yes

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                            Depends. Are they on social security and receive other income that puts their AGI over the limit, than no.

Is social security their only income, than likely, Yes.

If the didn’t have to file a tax return for 2018 and 2019, then they will get their info from SS and according to the IRS shouldn’t have to file to get the stimulus.

Comment

Thanks, my dad didn’t think he would get one.

Comment

Got mine yesterday morning

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X