This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    Littrell is also roadblocking himself a little bit with an 'OU buyout(or lack of)Clause'.

I hadn’t read that. Seems foolish to have that in contract because if OU wanted to poach him from some school, they would no matter the buyout.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      The best defense stat for me is plays defended against. The stats for defense are useless in today’s college football,
      I'm actually pretty surprised the Big 12 finished with 2 in the top 34 for total defense since they field 5 of the top 36 in total offense 4 of which are in the top 12.

Once again TCU fielded the best statistical defense in the Big 12.

Comment

I hadn’t read that. Seems foolish to have that in contract because if OU wanted to poach him from some school, they would no matter the buyout.
        Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          It varies from year to year Brock. The Big 12 was expected to go 3-5 last year. Went 5-3. The SEC was expected to go 5-4 last year and went 4-5. It’s all about matchups.

This was an entertaining post from a Sooner, except the Sooners don’t field much for defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Matchups and who is taking the game seriously, coaching changes, kids sitting out, etc...

The non playoff bowl games are losing some of their luster. I would like to see this playoff expanded to 8 for the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm actually pretty surprised the Big 12 finished with 2 in the top 34 for total defense since they field 5 of the top 36 in total offense 4 of which are in the top 12.

Once again TCU fielded the best statistical defense in the Big 12.
            Did Texas or ISU end up second in total defense?

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
              Matchups and who is taking the game seriously, coaching changes, kids sitting out, etc...

The non playoff bowl games are losing some of their luster. I would like to see this playoff expanded to 8 for the competition.

Yep. The landscape is changing in a hurry. It used to be about getting the bowl swag, team and going out with a W. Those days are over. It's all about that bag.

Comment

Did Texas or ISU end up second in total defense?
                Iowa State, Texas gave up way too much on the field. Texas needs to be inside the top 50, they finished 68th I believe. I think Top 50 is reasonable (formula to win inside and out of the conference) in the Big 12 if your offense can produce.
                Last edited by Chad C; 12-07-2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Also saw Littrell pulled his name from KSU search.
                  He is happy at UNT for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                    He is happy at UNT for the time being.

Reading that KState wouldn’t allow him to clean house and bring his whole staff. Most likely because of Snyder’s son on staff.

Comment

Reading that KState wouldn’t allow him to clean house and bring his whole staff. Most likely because of Snyder’s son on staff.
                      I think they are going to have a messy situation on their hands.

Comment

yep

Comment

Well that's a problem. That's what needs to be done. No plug in play coach. I guess the son assumes he should have been HC in waiting

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                            There a several bowl match up / measuring sticks. We can see how this year plays out on the field.

Go Bama. SEC SEC SEC.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think they are going to have a messy situation on their hands.

They may swap places with Kansas

Comment

Ouch!

Texas A&M has won 11+ games 4 times in school history (1894)

Texas has won 11+ games 10 times in school history (1893)

Oklahoma has won 11+ games 14 times since 2000, when they last won a National Title. 24 times since (1895)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                And OU is doing it primarily with TX recruits...that hurts

Comment

Working...
                                X