Concho County/Paint Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concho County/Paint Rock

I have been seeing more and more hunters on here who hunt Concho Co. I have 2 places next door to each other that equal about 2100 acres on 1929 about half way between the lake and 45. Both have the Concho River for a southern border. About 1 1/2 miles of river. Big pecan bottom and lots of turkeys. Consistently kill deer about 130", few 140" and couple 150". Been here for 27 years now.

Would like to see who all hunts this area and what y'all see and kill. My wife and I have been blessed this year with 2 old deer taken opening weekend and second weekend of this season.

We aren't seeing many deer at feeders as it's so green.

I also have a 9 year old lacy, Chloe who is a very experienced blood dog. Wouldn't mind helping some folks out if your in the area. Not in dog post just don't want to cut into my hunting time.

If you hunt this area and want to share info and or some deer pictures post them up.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by red-fin; 11-21-2018, 07:33 PM.

I hunted 1 year on a place in Concho Co. The place was for sale when we got on and sold right after season. It was one of the best places we've ever hunted. Sure wish I could find my way back out there.

Great bucks OP!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunt on my wife’s family place smack dab between Pr and Millersview as the crow flies. One of our lease members knocked down about a 145” 12 last weekend

Comment

My son and I will be headed there in the morning to try and get him a buck.

Comment

Hopefully see this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My son and I are in the blind ready to make it happen. PS be careful out there, we saw a rattlesnake on the way to the blind.

Comment

One of the Biggest wild deer that I've ever seen was just north of the 1929/83 intersection a coupe miles.. It was 2am and I was headed to Robert Lee.. That was over 20years ago.. He was a monster.. Easily 180+ but could have easily been in the 90's. He was narrow(15 inches)but tall, long beams and super heavy with a bunch of long tines... I turned around a watched in my high beams for 30-45 seconds, at 15-20 yards before he jumped the fence into a mesquite thicket.. He's one you never forget.

Comment

I hunt about 2 miles from the t.v.tower between Eden,and Eola.Just got one pasture drilled with wheat this week.Been super slow around the feeders.I can't ever remember hunting this long without hunting over a wheatfield.Yesterday this guy walked right behind the stand.He was all broke up.Haven't seen a good deer yet this year.Should change for the better in the next 10,or so days.Been on this place for 19/20 yrs now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got back from lease, pretty slow for us. Maybe the bright moon. Cows were not on our side either. My son and I will be back next weekend.

Comment

My son shot his first buck just east of Eden on Friday! Saw lots of deer that morning but it slowed way down the rest of the weekend. Great area and if anyone is interested in new lease members I am looking in that area. I can be a single or can bring 4-5 guys with me. Our current place in Hamilton county is for sale and we will need to get off after the current season.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
                      My son shot his first buck just east of Eden on Friday! Saw lots of deer that morning but it slowed way down the rest of the weekend. Great area and if anyone is interested in new lease members I am looking in that area. I can be a single or can bring 4-5 guys with me. Our current place in Hamilton county is for sale and we will need to get off after the current season.
                      Congrats to your son

Comment

Congrats to him ! Post up a pic !

Comment

Just got home from our place. Definitely slow but still saw couple good deer I would have tried to kill if not for my previous buck. Mom was not our friend for sure. Wife killed a spike kinda deer with her bow. Will post some pics of deer seen later.

Comment

Just got home a little while ago...conditions where we hunt near Robert Lee were not good to say the least. Full Moon, windy, dang bees swarming Friday and Saturday..cooler weather coming always get's 'em fired up.

My BD was Saturday and I was hoping to kill a big 8 point or 2 Fallows we have on camera. ONLY saw 3 does and other lease members only saw spikes, does and ONE small 8pt.

BUT, since you asked about Bucks in the area...took this Guy last November and he's on the wall....good deer populations at least in our area.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                              Just got home a little while ago...conditions where we hunt near Robert Lee were not good to say the least. Full Moon, windy, dang bees swarming Friday and Saturday..cooler weather coming always get's 'em fired up.

My BD was Saturday and I was hoping to kill a big 8 point or 2 Fallows we have on camera. ONLY saw 3 does and other lease members only saw spikes, does and ONE small 8pt.

BUT, since you asked about Bucks in the area...took this Guy last November and he's on the wall....good deer populations at least in our area.
                              Nice deer man, how long are those g2s

Comment

Working...
                              X