Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSChallenge Week 34

Vectored stalking shots

Target: Inverted 5 pointed star...roughly 6” in height and width. (Not necessary, but I traced a nickel at each point.) 5 shots per day. 1 shot per point. 3 days to shoot best total measurement.

Shots to be taken from standing position at 13 yard firing line. All shots must have toes of both feet within 12” of firing line....no olympic style. Shots can be shot in any order. Shot 1 you will be 90 degees from target face...we will call this center line. Shot 2 will be 2 paces left of center line. Shot 3 will be 4 paces left of center line. Shot 4 will be 2 paces right of center line. Shot 5 will be 4 paces right of center line. You can go far left to far right to near left to near right, back and forth...or left to right...right to left...whatever order suits you. Since four paces and 2 paces puts you off 13 yard center line...shots will be a touch further even though you will shoot from your 13 yard firing line. We are working to exercise shots vectoring from out of our rigid base form.

Measure edge of shaft to point of star. Total measurements and submit. Reuse target or not.

Arch on!
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:16 AM.

Sounds fun!

Explain more about the feet.

Comment

Dance steps?????

Comment

For anyone interested, I just made this same call for the Week 34 challenge on Rick's Traditional Archery Friends site. Note: No special foot placement requirements in my version.

Comment

The challenge is to arch with both your big toes within 12” of the 13 yard firing line.

You dance within the 12” arch zone however pleases you.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            The challenge is to arch with both your big toes within 12” of the 13 yard firing line.

You dance within the 12” arch zone however pleases you.
            You talking about pigeon toeing it like this?

Rick
            Attached Files

Comment

Briar must be feeling prickly today.

Looky here, I need a foot placement diagram. And don’t get cute.

Comment

I guess he means more squared up to the line.

Gary
                Last edited by DRT; 08-18-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Or does he mean both feet facing target with toes no more than 12" from line, twisting upper body at waist to make shot>

Comment

Maybe he means to imagine a 12" wide board of any length placed at 13 yards, with the front edge toward the target. We could stand in any number of ways -- at attention or even spread way out like a first baseman stretching to catch an off-target throw -- any way at all as long as both feet are on the board, which would make up the foot-placement area. This could simulate awkward stretching shots, taken from behind a tree or boulder or bush.

Maybe.

Comment

Man, y’all sure are making this difficult !!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        Maybe he means to imagine a 12" wide board of any length placed at 13 yards, with the front edge toward the target. We could stand in any number of ways -- at attention or even spread way out like a first baseman stretching to catch an off-target throw -- any way at all as long as both feet are on the board, which would make up the foot-placement area. This could simulate awkward stretching shots, taken from behind a tree or boulder or bush.

Maybe.
                        Yes.
                        Dang! I didnt mean to step on any toes! (I do mean to be fresh. ) Toes can be pointed any direction...hell even pigeon toed...so long as they are both within 12” of the 13 yard firing line.

For me...shooting left handed...the 4 paces to the right...is my biggest stretch. Most of yall will be opposite...your biggest stretch will be at 4 paces left due to most yall shooting right handed. It is an aggressive stance I am asking of yall.

Comment

Day 1: 14 5/8”

My best shot was 3/4” at the most difficult shot for me...four paces right since I shoot lefty.

Yall have a great day!
                          Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Day1: 15 3/16

Comment

Yeah I must be a tad slow. I'll sit this one out. Two left feet and all . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X