AC service/ install around N. Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC service/ install around N. Austin

According to the tech that came out last week... our AC is way past expected life.. so trying to find a second or third company to get some quotes.. as I am not going to drop 22k with the first company just because..

House was built in '01..we have the original system.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I used a guy out of Killeen for our new house. Total was $4,650 for the entire system (vents, pipes, AC, everything).

I have no idea how/why is was so cheap. I've had it going for about a year and still works LOL

Artie's Heating and Air
    254-554-7250

May have to bribe him to go all the way to Round Rock.. But may be well worth it.

Comment

Josh White
      Comfort mechanical 512-219-1822

Comment

Lots of factors for pricing. Size of house, 1-2 stories, 1-2 units?

I have a 2 story house with two units, one for each floor. Lower unit went out last summer. Tech said the inside part was fine but need to replace the outside. That was $3800 with install. It's not cheap to have complete replacement for sure. One good thing is that we don't have to deal with the old style freon anymore which was like $40-$50 a pound and getting more expensive every year.

Comment

Comfort Control
          512-308-6949

Comment

My house is 1 story.. about 1800 sq feet.... we live in Hutto now... have not logged in to change my location on here...

The tech told my wife the he knows they are expensive...but they do it right! The recommended unit was a Lennox Elite XC20/XP20.

The 22k, was 17k for the unit and 5k for a service agreement(covers filters etc).

Comment

I use Ron (TBH handle is airehead) for all my AC needs. You won't finder a better guy to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Honcho View Post
                I use Ron (TBH handle is airehead) for all my AC needs. You won't finder a better guy to deal with.
                Yep. Ron is great.

Comment

x1000 Ron and his team started a job for me last night (Sunday) and are finishing it up today.

You will not find a more responsive, knowledgeable, and honest man.

Comment

Ron is great.

Rat is also in the AC world but he might be on the commercial side.

Comment

Sounds like a LOT of money for AC unit to me. I had my entire unit replaced some 5-6 years ago, for around 5k, if I remember correctly. My house isn't quite that big, though...

Comment

$17k for 1800 SQ FT. Was that a Trane 21 SEER with variable speed control? If so, my FIL had same system installed 2 years ago for $11-$12k for same sq ft home

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                          My house is 1 story.. about 1800 sq feet.... we live in Hutto now... have not logged in to change my location on here...

The tech told my wife the he knows they are expensive...but they do it right! The recommended unit was a Lennox Elite XC20/XP20.

The 22k, was 17k for the unit and 5k for a service agreement(covers filters etc).

Exponentially too high!!! At the end of the day, you just need your house to be cool and you should be able to get a full system replacement for well under $10k with warranty and all. I had to have a new system put in last year and my options were all in the $6k - $10k range and my house is 1 story 1820sqft

Comment

I believe he did mine years a go . He cut me a real good deal .

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                              $17k for 1800 SQ FT. Was that a Trane 21 SEER with variable speed control? If so, my FIL had same system installed 2 years ago for $11-$12k for same sq ft home
                              Close.. Lennox 20 SEER with variable speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X