No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are headed to Houston this weekend. I aint goin down there, lol. Going to use volleyball as an excuse to stay home.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      27 degrees and dropped throughout the game due to wind chill. I can tell you, that game wasn't good baseball. Heck, our games Saturday weren't really good baseball.
      Good baseball, in the field and at the plate, goes with being loose.

Not much is loose when it's 27 deg!

I hope we see better weather ahead soon.

Comment

We are headed to Houston this weekend. I aint goin down there, lol. Going to use volleyball as an excuse to stay home.

Comment

And speaking of crazy, I worked a swim meet Sunday since baseball was canceled band to help pay for baseball lol. not only are the parents and coaches crazy, but those kids practice every day but Sunday and the elite level ones, even elementary school ones, practice twice a day for 3-4 days a week.

I couldn't help but watch and think how good that would actually be for a baseball players shoulders

Best part is the coaches/parents yelling instructions (mainly just kick kick kick or go go go) every time their kid lifts their head to take a breath.

Comment

So how do the bats hold up in cold temps? I thought it wasn't recommended to use composite or thin wall aluminum in temps below 50. Cracks and dents...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a good friend who's Son played in a Championship down in Mesquite last night.

27 degrees and dropped throughout the game due to wind chill. I can tell you, that game wasn't good baseball. Heck, our games Saturday weren't really good baseball.

I'd say more nuts than anything at this point. Sometimes I just dont know about this stuff.

This weekend was a horrible way to start the season, cold and wet on Saturday and very cold Sunday. Our boys didn’t even want to win Sunday. Our coach doesn’t allow them to wear anything but long sleeve undershirt on the field so they were freezing both days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                So how do the bats hold up in cold temps? I thought it wasn't recommended to use composite or thin wall aluminum in temps below 50. Cracks and dents...
                Got different bats for the cold weather.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
                  This weekend was a horrible way to start the season, cold and wet on Saturday and very cold Sunday. Our boys didn’t even want to win Sunday. Our coach doesn’t allow them to wear anything but long sleeve undershirt on the field so they were freezing both days.

He's a dumb ***.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post

I believe I would be having a talk with the head coach. That is just stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      He's a dumb ***.
                      This.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        He switches to an aluminum..
                        mostly because im not taking the chance ..composite aint cheap...

Comment

We are at baseball usa this weekend!

8 and 12 oclock games.
                          field 3 and 2

I'll be in a warehouse type place in Plano for volleyball at 8 am. At least we got the 3 team pool! Will be out of there by 11.

Comment

My son’s team is play at Oak Grove in Grapevine at 8 and 10. I will be in Houston with my daughter at the Houston Livestock Show

Comment

after our play last week i kind if wished we were playing this weekend, but we may get some hog hunting in and do some work in the woods.

Comment

Kiddos headed down around Noon, and going to hit the OU vs Rice game tonight. May go back tomorrow for the afternoon game after pool play, if it stays on time.

Comment

Working...
                                X