No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO even though there's no reason to panic everyone better stock up and food/water/gas before panic sets in. I know I don't want to fight the crazies when I need milk, bread, or taco seasoning LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1232817634716061696

IMO even though there's no reason to panic everyone better stock up and food/water/gas before panic sets in. I know I don't want to fight the crazies when I need milk, bread, or taco seasoning LOL
      Dang it, that sucks. Now that crap is gonna spread like wildfire. Seen where the Dow dropped like 74 points.

Comment

I heard the new un tethered case is in sanfranciso.
        Last edited by GarGuy; 02-26-2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

My thoughts on the stock market...... I think if the Dow gets Dow to 25000 that will be dang cheap this time next year.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
            Dang it, that sucks. Now that crap is gonna spread like wildfire. Seen where the Dow dropped like 74 points.
            Closed down 123 but that was before this new case in Cali.

Tomorrow will be ugly is my guess...But IMO Monday will be the real bad day. News of CV all weekend and markets tank Monday if they don't tank Thurs/Fri

I say DOW under 20k in the next month. Just my WAG

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              My thoughts on the stock market...... I think if the Dow gets Dow to 25000 that will be dang cheap this time next year.
              25K would be a 15% drop off the recent high (roughly 29,400). That's about average for a typical correction that we typically see about once a year - similar to the short-lived market declines that happened with previous virus outbreaks in recent years. Wouldn't be a surprise at all to see that this time too. And I bet you're right on how those prices will look this time next year, similar to what happened with all the prior "world-ending pandemics" we've seen before. If Trump gets reelected and the Republicans retake the House and after all the corona virus hysteria is long forgotten, it might be a nice ride for a while. But there will soon be some other reason that we're all supposed to freak out over after that.

Peoples' propensity to over react never ceases to amaze me. But it sure does create opportunity for the few that don't get caught up in following the stampeding herd.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                25K would be a 15% drop off the recent high (roughly 29,400). That's about average for a typical correction that we typically see about once a year - similar to the short-lived market declines that happened with previous virus outbreaks in recent years. Wouldn't be a surprise at all to see that this time too. And I bet you're right on how those prices will look this time next year, similar to what happened with all the prior "world-ending pandemics" we've seen before. If Trump gets reelected and the Republicans retake the House and after all the corona virus hysteria is long forgotten, it might be a nice ride for a while. But there will soon be some other reason that we're all supposed to freak out over after that.

Peoples' propensity to over react never ceases to amaze me. But it sure does create opportunity for the few that don't get caught up in following the stampeding herd.
                We are on the exact same page.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

The past scares did not sweep through our Country.
                  This new and first one that tested positive has been in the hospital 7 days, No way he didn't infect people.

The CDC even said it's going to sweep through the US just like the flu.

I'm not saying we're all going to die.. But I don't see how mass panic will not happen. It's happening in every Country that gets it.

I'll be surprised if 25k is the low. But you're right there is about to be a great buying opportunity soon.

Comment

Talked to a Dr. tonight... he said it’s just another strain of the flu and the media is blowing It up. Told me to look up the stats of regular flu.... so I did... 2018-2019 there were 61,000 deaths in the US... 2019-2020 there are 14,000 deaths so far... 0 people have been killed by the corona virus in the US as of now.... I don’t trust what’s going on

Comment

News said Who and CDC scientists have isolated and found the source ( fruit bats sold in China for human consumption) and now that its in the human population will be around for eternity, 18 months till possible vaccine

Comment

Originally posted by blackfoot1 View Post
                        Talked to a Dr. tonight... he said it’s just another strain of the flu and the media is blowing It up. Told me to look up the stats of regular flu.... so I did... 2018-2019 there were 61,000 deaths in the US... 2019-2020 there are 14,000 deaths so far... 0 people have been killed by the corona virus in the US as of now.... I don’t trust what’s going on
                        Yeah look how many people have the flu in the US and how many people have the coronavirus in the US.

Comment

I watched Contagion for the first time last night. If you haven’t seen it, it’s eye opening.

Comment

Read Wiki on SARS

Covid-19
                            The table below shows cases of coronavirus (officially known as SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19, or 2019-nCoV) around the world. Each figure is verified by our team through local health departments or local media. A distribution map and a timeline with a list of recent updates can be found below the table. State-by-state breakdownsUnited States Green = no …

Covid is already at least 10 times as many infected and spreading fast.

BTW - Japan just shut down all public schools.

What I don't know is why SARS never spread here. If someone can tell me why Covid is spreading in lots of Countries now and why it won't come here I'm all ears.

I know it's not here yet because we are the furthest from it's origin. Look at the map in the second link.

It's not CV you need to worry about. It's the crazies if/when it gets here. I can't imagine us doing half of what these other Countries are doing to contain it without people 100% freaking out.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              I watched Contagion for the first time last night. If you haven’t seen it, it’s eye opening.
                              Yeah I watched it the other day crazy.

Comment

Media has found a way to take away the awesomeness of trumps economy. Talk up Coronavirus and make the market tank in an election year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X