Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megger89 View Post
    I gotcha! Back in 2010 my dad and a small group of guys hunted the 2500 acres back when it was all low fence. It was hard to get the Axis to come over from the neighbors place, but we did get a few of them.
    Small world right? I hear ya on the Axis........ I tell folks that I am hunting the only property in the area that does not have exotics on it.

Comment

Here are some from my hunting area in mid July..

Comment

You're killing me Rosco!

Comment

Originally posted by Oz_Ag View Post
          You're killing me Rosco!
          Ha! Yes sir.. I hung on the other side of the ranch literally from everyone else cause the roads are terrible to get there, they have nicer whitetail but I have no idea what I'm going to see with different exotics when I'm in the field.. it's really cool for a low fence place!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            Small world right? I hear ya on the Axis........ I tell folks that I am hunting the only property in the area that does not have exotics on it.
            Haha! Very true! Maybe a flood will come and some of Rancho Trinidad's will come through the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteZ28Bow View Post
              Hunt 60acres in Deer Valley. Very Dry!. Only 800 gallons in 1500 gallon rain catch. **** Cows broke my fence down, ate my PVC pipes from Tote to water tank, and ATE MY POP UP. Lots of hogs and does with fawns. All fawns on camera still had spots.
              Yeah, lee has the cows on deer valley now, sucks about your fence and stuff . Cool to see another deer valley guy here

Comment

Looks like north of I10 in junction got some good rain that unfortunately didn't make its way down our way on Tuesday.

Comment

Looks like should be getting some moisture this week and a slight cool down from it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                    I'm Off of Hwy 41 & CR 230 (Diamond Springs Ranch) . Had Game Cam pics of a LOT of Hogs,Aoudads , Axis and deer. Nothing real Big but good enough for me...

Might go this coming weekend for last minute archery season preparation..
                    Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                    Hunt off of 41 & 230. We had a lot of Axis earlier in the year around Feb. through April, but only get one or 2 a month now on camera. We have fed corn, Alfalfa, and deer mix all year. We have a few small whitetail and lots of hogs. I just got back tonight from out there and everything is still green. It doesn't look like it is going to be a very good season for me.
                    Another 41 and CR 230 hunter checking in

Comment

I am really kicking myself now for not getting my weather station put up.........

Comment

I hope all the rain don't mess us up getting to our place Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                          I hope all the rain don't mess us up getting to our place Friday!
                          it looks like it's gonna hit hard but that rain is needed big time in Edwards

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                            it looks like it's gonna hit hard but that rain is needed big time in Edwards
                            Agreed. It might not be optimal conditions for opening weekend but we need it bad.

Comment

We're getting some much needed rain out there. I don't think I'll be hunting in Edwards until weekend #3 or #4 however.

Comment

I'm going to give a shot and should be their around 5 or so Friday afternoon if the roads ain't flooded out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X