Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patton View Post
    Yes, metal tracks.
    Thanks. Going this weekend to set up my weather station, check game cams and fill feeders. Looks like it is going to be a hot one.........

Patton,

Have you ever compared the rain you get at your place to the "official" rain data for the area? The closest one to me is the junction airport which is probably 25 miles away from where I hunt. Below is a link showing what they have got for the year which is less than 13". The only reason why I ask is it seems that every time I am at my lease I can see rainfall somewhere off in the distance. It seems the rain is VERY isolated in that part of the country.

Comment

Some, but not much. I would say our personal weather station is pretty 'official' however. According to WeatherUnderground our station is a 'Gold Star Station' meaning it has passed their quality control test for 5 consecutive days. It's actually visible on Wunderground.
      And I completely agree that rain is isolated out there; I enjoy watching the wunderground NEXRAD radar and clicking 'actual precipitation' when rain is in that area. Gives you a good idea of what is in the clouds and what is actually droppping. Good luck this weekend, I hope you have some great pics.

Comment

Cool. I am interested to see if there is a big difference in the amount of rain that I get compared to what the airport gets.

I will share pictures when I get back on Monday.

Comment

Saw some pretty good deer last weekend. Nothing to brag about but considering what I started with I am pretty excited.

Man it is dry out there.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hunt 60acres in Deer Valley. Very Dry!. Only 800 gallons in 1500 gallon rain catch. **** Cows broke my fence down, ate my PVC pipes from Tote to water tank, and ATE MY POP UP. Lots of hogs and does with fawns. All fawns on camera still had spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
              Any of you guys done any big scale cedar removal in the Rocksprings/Junction area? If so how did you do it? I have access to a rubber tire Bobcat but I am afraid I am going to tear it up due to the rocky terrain we have and have a 3k bill to fix it.
              We have Grooms come out with the dozer. Does good methodical work.

Comment

Some good looking deer.

Comment

How do I post pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                    Saw some pretty good deer last weekend. Nothing to brag about but considering what I started with I am pretty excited.

Man it is dry out there.
                    Good looking hill country deer, that 9 with the fork looks like one to keep an eye on. Did you get your weather station set up?

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog40 View Post
                      How do I post pic?
                      If you use the phone app tapatalk just got the reply button and select the picture landscape looking button, if you're using your computer you should be able to reply and then hit the add picture Button as well and upload a picture from your computer

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                        Good looking hill country deer, that 9 with the fork looks like one to keep an eye on. Did you get your weather station set up?
                        Yeah that 9 probably won't make it through bow season. I would let him walk for another year but I am not sure if we are going to get the opportunity to return to this lease next year.

I did not get my weather station set up like a dummy. Got up there too late on Friday, Saturday flew by and one of the guys that came with me needed to be back in Austin by 2 on Sunday so nothing happened on Sunday. I might be going back this weekend but will be back for sure on the 30th and I am going to make it a priority to get it set up.

You said your reports to weather underground right? I see ones titled Hackberry and Nueces. Is either one of these yours? I didn't know WU did this, it is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteZ28Bow View Post
                          Hunt 60acres in Deer Valley. Very Dry!. Only 800 gallons in 1500 gallon rain catch. **** Cows broke my fence down, ate my PVC pipes from Tote to water tank, and ATE MY POP UP. Lots of hogs and does with fawns. All fawns on camera still had spots.
                          Good to hear you got does with fawns. I think I have only seen 2 fawns on the camera's which has me disappointed a little.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking deer. That axis looks pretty nice!

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X