• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Pretty easy to figure
    Originally posted by kae006 View Post
    Not for everyone
    Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    Last I heard the cut off was $150K in income for married/jointly.
    See?

Comment

Yup. Didn't even have to open the link to know we aren't getting a dime. Last I heard the cut off was $150K in income for married/jointly. There are a lot of people paycheck to paycheck over this limit. In short, you can work minimum wage and pay minimum to no taxes (with earned income/child tax credits etc.) and get paid "stimulus" money; however, if you make over the threshold amount you don't get anything. Government by the people. . .
      You are basically going to get your the equivalent of your 2019 tax return now and it will come out of your 2020 filing.

Comment

I wonder how accurate the calculator is. If you put in a AGI over the 198k but have kids then you get a check. The way I've seen it is if you're over 198k jointly then you don't get anything.

I wonder how it will work for those that have only filed 2018 taxes but had a child in 2019. Is there a way to submit that or will you have to quickly file 2019 taxes?

Comment

Maybe you should open the link....
          Opened the link. Filled in fields. As I knew, we will not be receiving anything (but I did enter $150K and saw there is payment for $150K). If the calculator is accurate people with ZERO income will receive more money than those with income. Government at it's finest! Cant wait to see how this "stimulus money" stimulates!

Comment

Opened the link. Filled in fields. As I knew, we will not be receiving anything (but I did enter $150K and saw there is payment for $150K). If the calculator is accurate people with ZERO income will receive more money than those with income. Government at it's finest! Cant wait to see how this "stimulus money" stimulates!
            Isn't that usually how it goes? Government doesn't reward success, and someone having more kids makes you more deserving/needing.

Comment

Isn't that usually how it goes? Government doesn't reward success, and someone having more kids makes you more deserving/needing.
              Yup. They don't even have to be your kids (or exist for that matter). Just claim them as many do. "I have X kids in Mexico, Guatemala, etc." There were numerous stories on the practice several years ago. Tax preparers in lower-income neighborhoods would simply assert everyone had 6-10 dependents and Uncle Sam would pay. Many refunds greatly exceeded taxes paid to the Fed.
              Last edited by RR 314; 03-26-2020, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X