Dove hunting in May you say?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good start on day 2... mournings everywhere again, but the Eurasians are a little slower today. Missing some shots I should have made doesn’t help.

FND has some decent shooting as well.

Last edited by Smart; 05-18-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Congrats. More gun pics

Comment

Very nice, good way to get ready for September!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do y'all pick up pigeons when you shoot them? A few years ago my brother,a buddy of mine and I shot our limit of Mourning doves,plus some bonus birds like Eurasian's and pigeons and a some starlings. I picked up the pigeons and those guys didn't want nothin to do with them. I bet they don't taste any different than a dove.

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait until September!

I have only seen a few Eurasians, but one thing I have noticed is they glide. Is that normal behavior for them?

Comment

Never even considered going after them outside the normal dove seasons. Great way to stay fresh behind the scatter gun.

Comment

Little slower today but still a fun shoot!

Mournings were just stupid thick again ... and dumb . Eurasians were a little smarter today. Good times.

Last edited by Smart; 05-18-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  Do y'all pick up pigeons when you shoot them? A few years ago my brother,a buddy of mine and I shot our limit of Mourning doves,plus some bonus birds like Eurasian's and pigeons and a some starlings. I picked up the pigeons and those guys didn't want nothin to do with them. I bet they don't taste any different than a dove.

Yes we do.. grain fed mega dove

Comment

Originally posted by Zackme96 View Post
                    Looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait until September!

I have only seen a few Eurasians, but one thing I have noticed is they glide. Is that normal behavior for them?

They do some.. but mostly they fly like a floppy sparrow hawk or drunk pigeon.

Comment

You boys put a nice spank on ‘Em. I’ve never seen that many!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yeah!

Comment

Thanks folks

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                          You boys put a nice spank on ‘Em. I’ve never seen that many!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... me either until I started coming out this way. They are thick in the small towns.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Well hell yes! Nice little 3 hour Eurasian/ringneck shoot with Fishndude in the Panhandle. .1oz #6s out of the ole 20 ga put a hurt on em. [emoji4]. This is one invasive species I love![emoji51]

Man it’s shaping up to be a good September for Texas too. We saw dove most of the 6 hour drive out which we haven’t in years past making two trips a year.. There were hundreds and hundreds of mourning dove at our place that we couldn’t do anything with but let them land at our feet. And that they did. Hope they are still there in September in these numbers...Fun times!!..

Snapped a quick pic of my take to that point of birds during a very short lull

FND and I after the hunt. Tripods are so **** handy[emoji23]

Ya'll look like twins!

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
                              Ya'll look like twins!

There is no way in hell Fishndude is that good looking[emoji2957]

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                                Pigeon is good eatin' if not better than dove.

Comment

Working...
                                X