Gun sling broke, Kleinguenther stock cracked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun sling broke, Kleinguenther stock cracked

Pretty sick about this and hoping to find a gunsmith recommendation for high end guns anywhere around Pearsall, San Antonio or Houston, who would be able to assess and hopefully repair it. I was getting out of a steel platform quad pod, put my gun on my shoulder and THWACK... the sling connection snapped, with my rifle falling about 4ft onto the steel floor. It’s a custom built Kleinguenther with thumbhole stock given to be my my dad, will post pictures later. The crack is all the way around the thumbhole grip. I have no idea if this can be repaired or not. Oh and my Schmidt & Bender scope broke too...so that was nice. Thanks in advance
    EDIT- I’ve seen the recent Houston gunsmith thread but figured I need someone who specifically has worked on rare, older rifles before
    Last edited by DimmitCo; 12-17-2020, 07:13 AM.

Call KDF in New Braunfels and see what they tell you to do about the stock. They maybe able to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Call KDF in New Braunfels and see what they tell you to do about the stock. They maybe able to help you out.
      Looking for another gunsmith besides Phil, but thank you

Comment

Originally posted by DimmitCo View Post
        Looking for another gunsmith besides Phil, but thank you
        They found my dad another Kleinguenther stock, when he dropped his.
        Last edited by Radar; 12-17-2020, 07:21 AM.

Comment

pics,what kind of sling?

Comment

If it means that much, contact this guy. His work is impeccable

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Some things deserve more than a regular smith can do
            Last edited by Quackerbox; 12-17-2020, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Why not call Kleinguenther in Clean Seguin?

Address: 1604 N Heideke St, Seguin, TX 78155
              Phone: (830) 372-5050

Comment

If you don't wanna call KDF...call Jeff Tapp in Austin. On something like this, I wouldn't limit yourself to South Texas area. Go wherever you need to go to get it done right.

Comment

Bailey Bradshaw at Bradshaw Gun and Rifle.

Comment

Man, I feel for you. That's also a little disappointing to hear that your S&B scope broke that easily. I thought those things were basically warproof! Can you describe what exactly broke and how?

Comment

Talk to Larry Feland at Felands in Cypress tx.

Comment

Thanks guys, looks like some good leads. Here are a few pictures.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm no help, but I'm sure sorry that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by DimmitCo View Post
                            Thanks guys, looks like some good leads. Here are a few pictures.
                            It should be able to be glued back together, The trick will be spreading the crack so it opens enough to get the glue inside. I would use Titebond II or III woodglue or maybe one of the newer CA type super glues. Starbond thin comes to mind to be able to get it where it needs to be. Once glued and clamped and left overnight to dry and depending on how the joint looks you are done. Some refinishing work may be needed to make the repaired joint disappear.

Comment

Doesn't schmidt and bender have a good warranty? I would probably call them and see what they can do for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X