No announcement yet.

Gallbladder Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reflux, cramping/stomach pain, and one that was strange...pain behind my right shoulder blade. The doctors told me almost instantly it was gall bladder when I told them about that shoulder blade/back pain. Needless to say the put a rush on the removal surgery after that. Now, afterward surgery fried spicy foods will run through you like never before, at least for a little while. I’ll say this, I carried baby wipes in my truck, boat, and pretty much everywhere I went for a year or so. That has since slowed a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
      Reflux, cramping/stomach pain, and one that was strange...pain behind my right shoulder blade. The doctors told me almost instantly it was gall bladder when I told them about that shoulder blade/back pain. Needless to say the put a rush on the removal surgery after that. Now, afterward surgery fried spicy foods will run through you like never before, at least for a little while. I’ll say this, I carried baby wipes in my truck, boat, and pretty much everywhere I went for a year or so. That has since slowed a bit.
      Bringing this back up.

Things were somewhat quiet over the last couple months, but then tonight they hit me hard while at work. Had significant reflux with a few trips to the bathroom that progressively got worse. Tried to lay down, but the burning feeling increased. Went on a call and when we got back, I had to throw up in the trash can before entering the station. Had a couple rounds of that, now things seem to have settled down. Not 100%, but better.

I had a scan setup for this week,but the snow hampered that. I will reschedule, or just go to the hospital. I'm 99.9% sure its the gallbladder after tonight.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
        Bringing this back up.

Things were somewhat quiet over the last couple months, but then tonight they hit me hard while at work. Had significant reflux with a few trips to the bathroom that progressively got worse. Tried to lay down, but the burning feeling increased. Went on a call and when we got back, I had to throw up in the trash can before entering the station. Had a couple rounds of that, now things seem to have settled down. Not 100%, but better.

I had a scan setup for this week,but the snow hampered that. I will reschedule, or just go to the hospital. I'm 99.9% sure its the gallbladder after tonight.

Can't believe you didn't follow up on this and get it completely ruled out or removed in Nov. You don't want it to get to a real infection.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Can't believe you didn't follow up on this and get it completely ruled out or removed in Nov. You don't want it to get to a real infection.
          Yeah, I know. Really and truly things were better, so I went with the IBS diagnosis from both docs. But tonight was different for sure.

Comment

We'll, that escalated quickly. Couldn't really get comfortable, so I decided to leave work and go get this thing checked. Got to the ER and soon after I started in Triage I had really bad abdominal pain and sweating. Almost passed out. Wheeled into room. On meds now, which has settled down everything. Ultrasound was just done, but they wouldn't tell me anything during.

Comment

We'll, that escalated quickly. Couldn't really get comfortable, so I decided to leave work and go get this thing checked. Got to the ER and soon after I started in Triage I had really bad abdominal pain and sweating. Almost passed out. Wheeled into room. On meds now, which has settled down everything. Ultrasound was just done, but they wouldn't tell me anything during.

Nothing. They found nothing. CT normal. Blood work normal. Ultrasound normal. Told me to follow up with GI doc for the HIDA scan.

Comment

Nothing. They found nothing. CT normal. Blood work normal. Ultrasound normal. Told me to follow up with GI doc for the HIDA scan.

The HIDA scan will show it. I had the same issues in 2017. MRI's CT Scans and upper GI showed everything was fine. Felt like a warm balloon full of air around my ribs in the middle. My gallbladder was functioning at Zero percent and full of stones. My liver was starting to fail and I was turning yellow. My Urine was so dark it looked like coffee. I dealt with it for 3 weeks, till. I hope you can get a HIDA scan asap. The pain is miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoastin View Post
                  The HIDA scan will show it. I had the same issues in 2017. MRI's CT Scans and upper GI showed everything was fine. Felt like a warm balloon full of air around my ribs in the middle. My gallbladder was functioning at Zero percent and full of stones. My liver was starting to fail and I was turning yellow. My Urine was so dark it looked like coffee. I dealt with it for 3 weeks, till. I hope you can get a HIDA scan asap. The pain is miserable.
                  Ultrasound and CT showed my gallbladder to be completely clear. No sludge or stones. I'll still talk to my GI doc about it, but I'm sure he'll ultimately want to scope me.

Comment

Ultrasound and CT showed my gallbladder to be completely clear. No sludge or stones. I'll still talk to my GI doc about it, but I'm sure he'll ultimately want to scope me.

Same with my wife's.....until the Doc removed it.

See post 25..

Comment

Runs hand and hand with cardiovascular disease. Cut the carbs or prepare for stent placement in your coronaries. Metabolic syndrome is a killer.
                      Last edited by TwoHighways; 02-20-2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

You can specially ask for a function test. There may not be any stones or blockage; but if the GB isn’t functioning properly, it could actually be worse. Get a 2nd opinion from a GI dr; and perhaps a DO. My dr went as far as to recommend a very radical surgery for me, which was a no go. Still no answers though (for my case)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you haven’t had one already, you should ask for a HIDA scan, a nuclear imaging procedure that looks for problems in your gallbladder, liver, and biliary ducts. I’m not buying the IBS diagnosis.

The only other thing I can think of is that you may be having a histamine reaction to something. Have you started any new medications within, say, the last three months?

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            If you haven’t had one already, you should ask for a HIDA scan, a nuclear imaging procedure that looks for problems in your gallbladder, liver, and biliary ducts. I’m not buying the IBS diagnosis.

The only other thing I can think of is that you may be having a histamine reaction to something. Have you started any new medications within, say, the last three months?
                            No new meds prior to symptoms. This has been going on for about a year now, and the only medication I started was about 3 months ago. I'm going in this morning for my scan.

Comment

Same with my wife's.....until the Doc removed it.

See post 25..
                              Scan showed abnormal ejection fraction. <20%. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Hope you get it squared away.

Comment

Working...
                                X