Little mechanical help .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little mechanical help .

Got a tractor that has been kicking my *** . Can’t get it to start reliably . So far I have replaced the key switch , battery,battery leads. A few relays . Fixed the glow plug issues . Now I’m working on safety switches . How would I jump this switch ? Yellow to yellow? White to white ?
    I have cleaned the connections too .

Comment

What model tractor?

Comment

It’s a new Holland TC40a

Comment

I would have to guess color to color. I would try each color at a time and see what happens. I don’t have access to new Holland wiring at work. Just kubota

Comment

Can you oam out the switch side? Or check voltage on the side in your hand. May help narrow it down by which wires have power and those that dont. Does the tractor turn over? On mine if a safety switch is out it will not turn over.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
              Can you oam out the switch side? Or check voltage on the side in your hand. May help narrow it down by which wires have power and those that dont. Does the tractor turn over? On mine if a safety switch is out it will not turn over.

I don’t have my meter at the moment . It’s in my truck at a buddies house getting a little egr work done .

Comment

What it has been doing is starting intermittently. One day it will fire up the first turn of the key, sometimes it takes 3 tries and some times a dozen . When it does finally turn over it fires right up .

Comment

Sounds like a bad solenoid...

Comment

It doesn't turn over? Does it click when you turn the key? Could be a starter solenoid? Or possibly just a loose ground wire.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                      It doesn't turn over? Does it click when you turn the key? Could be a starter solenoid? Or possibly just a loose ground wire.

It does click . Not the ground I have already checked that . Even changed the wire out and buffed the frame where it connects . Replaces the power leads too . They were in bad shape inside the insulation. It could be the solenoid. Can’t really get to it with out pulling the starter . It’s built into the starter . On the back side of the starter . I have ruled out the pto switch , the neutral switch and it doesn’t have a brake switch .

Comment

am I seeing 3 white wires in the first pic? Just asking, not trying to be a smart*****

Comment

I'm another thinking it sounds like the starter. I had the same issue with my truck and ended being a starter.

Comment

Little mechanical help .

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                            am I seeing 3 white wires in the first pic? Just asking, not trying to be a smart*****

No you are right there are 3 whites . Two of them go to the same terminal post . So there are two prongs that are hooked up to two white and 2 hooked to two yellows
                            Last edited by Strummer; 01-25-2021, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Those two white are on the same terminal post

Comment

Working...
                              X