New arrow build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
    The GT Velocity is a very light arrow. I'm not a "Ranch Fairy" heavy arrow guy, but IMO, go with a heavier arrow, less spine and drop the insert weight. Don't increase total weight, and don't slow it down with feathers.

Just MTC.
    why would he want to do this? his build is about as good as you can get. great FOC (20%) great total mass (525gr)

Comment

Posting my paper report card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Initially I had bare shaft tuned them shooting bullet holes. I had added electrical tape to the back of the arrow to mimic the weight of the blazer vanes. Then, I fletched them after I was satisfied the nock tune. I never shot them through paper with the vanes until now.

Arrows 1 and 3 appear to be ok to me.

Do I just need to nock tune the poor tears now?

Comment

At 30 yards can you get a 3 or 4 blade broadhead to tight group with the FP? I saw you say it’s shaving hair so just clarifying that is what you mean. If you are getting this performance then...

I think you have too much insert on the front for a 300 spine... if you kept the same set up I would go to a 250 spine.

I shoot a 27” victory RIP Elite 300 spine arrow with the 60 grain insert running total about 430 grains at 304 FPS. There is not a whole lot that stops that arrow from a full pass through

Comment

I guess to clarify the stiffer spine arrow will help keep your arrow from flexing too much when it hits the animal slowing down it’s momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Archery View Post
                    At 30 yards can you get a 3 or 4 blade broadhead to tight group with the FP? I saw you say it’s shaving hair so just clarifying that is what you mean. If you are getting this performance then...

I think you have too much insert on the front for a 300 spine... if you kept the same set up I would go to a 250 spine.

I shoot a 27” victory RIP Elite 300 spine arrow with the 60 grain insert running total about 430 grains at 304 FPS. There is not a whole lot that stops that arrow from a full pass through
                    I had been satisfied with my groupings at those distances enough to set marks on my slider sight. But I can see what you mean, I need to recheck them again. My blades are shaving hair on my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Archery View Post
                      I guess to clarify the stiffer spine arrow will help keep your arrow from flexing too much when it hits the animal slowing down it’s momentum.
                      I appreciate your feedback.

Comment

The ser razor has a pretty steep blade angle. I’m sure a standard magnus would increase your penetration.

Comment

Working...
                        X