Hard shell blind mounted on platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard shell blind mounted on platform

I made it to Comstock on Friday, got all the feeders filled and cottonseed out. It rained more than I've ever seen it before out there. It actually started in Katy and didn't stop the entire ride to Comstock. Then a few more heavy showers came through while at the ranch.

I got the Maverick mounted atop a steel base I scored on the classifieds here. 2 sheets of 3/4 plywood and a bunch of tapcons and the base was ready to go. I also got some guy wires on all 4 sides to keep it from blowing over. Should be a killing house.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200905_102429.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	25223282Click image for larger version

Name:	20200905_122058.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	25223283

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pulled that Mav up there with a line tied through the windows....about the 4th try I got it.....had to dig deep on that one.

Comment

We plan on setting one up in Cuero next weekend on a 6' base. As long as Brush to Bay has a green one in stock. I think a black one in the October heat would be brutal.

Comment

Why no frame for plywood overhang?

Comment

You should have stuck that on your head and heaved it right up that ladder. LOL! Looks good. Wishing you the best.

Comment

Are you saying that you set that up by yourself? Dang!

That's pretty rough and desolute country to be in by yourself, especially doing work like that by yourself. Awesome country, though! Good luck this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Are you saying that you set that up by yourself? Dang!

That's pretty rough and desolute country to be in by yourself, especially doing work like that by yourself. Awesome country, though! Good luck this season.
              That sir, were my dads exact words. Even after I got home he told me not to be working like that by myself in that desolate country. I always laugh it off and he thinks that I think that I'm invincible...

Comment

Originally posted by Czechfish View Post
                Why no frame for plywood overhang?
                Next project but it will hunt like it is for now. The base is only 5 ft wide....so 8x5 feet and 10 feet tall. You can see a ways getting above that brush.

Comment

What did you secure the guys wires to on the bottom? We hunt in Juno. Used to use slick wire tied to bushes and "trees". After fires and droughts trees die and don't have enough holding power. Now we hammerdill in the rock and use cables!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                    What did you secure the guys wires to on the bottom? We hunt in Juno. Used to use slick wire tied to bushes and "trees". After fires and droughts trees die and don't have enough holding power. Now we hammerdill in the rock and use cables!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
                    I was able to get t posts driven in the ground at angles and they are tied to them with old copper wire the electric company had cut down when they built new power lines....that wite works great for the guys.

Comment

Is it just me, that looks a bit scary

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
                        Is it just me, that looks a bit scary
                        Its solid man....just that over hang of plywood looks janky. But I had 3 people climb up there to check it out....its good and ready to hunt.

Comment

Looks like it’ll hunt to me. Miss hunting with you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like i could hunt from it [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve hunted a helluva lot worse.
                              Just know the decking will warp quick on the overhang.

Comment

Working...
                              X