Ranch Ride Bedlining recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranch Ride Bedlining recommendations

Hey GS, I bought a samurai from a fellow member about a year ago and have been slowly doing a few things to it. I stripped out the interior and am thinking about bed lining the bed and floor. Question is, are there any preferred places in the Houston area and any things to consider that I might not be? I am generally a DIYer, but I don’t think I want the trouble in this one. Input is appreciated.
    Attached Files

Following along.
    I have an old suburban that I've been thinking of coating inside and out in bedliner. My issue is finding the time to move this forward.

Comment

If you are a DIYer, the Raptor Liner series of products is the way to go. I recently painted the entire exterior of my "ranch rig" with the tintable Raptor Liner and it is holding up great. While the setup/prep work can be time consuming the process was really easy and inexpensive.

Monstaliner appears to also be a great product that is rollable.

My days of paying someone else for bedliner work are over.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphabets View Post
        If you are a DIYer, the Raptor Liner series of products is the way to go. I recently painted the entire exterior of my "ranch rig" with the tintable Raptor Liner and it is holding up great. While the setup/prep work can be time consuming the process was really easy and inexpensive.

Monstaliner appears to also be a great product that is rollable.

My days of paying someone else for bedliner work are over.

Thanks, that’s helpful. Based on the amount of my free time right now I’m not sure I’d have time before season but something to think about for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Phil View Post
          Following along.
          I have an old suburban that I've been thinking of coating inside and out in bedliner. My issue is finding the time to move this forward.

I did get a couple of quotes to coat the full exterior and they ranged from $1,800 to $3,500, so that’s not going to happen.

Comment

I just used the monstaliner on my mini truck (thread in the DIY). It was really easy after the prep work was done.

Comment

I can get pics of a set of steps me and the kid just did with raptor liner. Small projects like that, theres no way Id pay for it. Its just 2 easy

Comment

Raptor Liner

Sprayed on Xterra two years ago and not one spot has come off. Preparation is the key. Sand, de-grease, de-grease. Apply adhesion promoter on anything non-metal or hard to reach.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                  Raptor Liner

Sprayed on Xterra two years ago and not one spot has come off. Preparation is the key. Sand, de-grease, de-grease. Apply adhesion promoter on anything non-metal or hard to reach.

That’s part of what I think is going to take a while. There’s a lot of that thick hardened sound deadening stuff on the floor pans. Think I can cost over or have to remove?

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I have used monsterliner with good results, I sprayed it and will never go back to a roller for bedliner stuff. I have really taken a liking to POR15. Its not hard to prep, put it on with a roller and its smooth, mud will not cling to it like bedliner. It s a 2 part set up, I normally order from Summit, they have colors other than black. It makes for a very hard/durable coating

Comment

Raptor tinted to your preference. Has held up well in south Texas brush country for 7+ years

Comment

I would go to an auto paint store like English Color. Tell them you want a gallon of wax and grease remover. Wipe it all down two or three times. On that deadner I would then spray with adhesion promoter which you can also get from English Color or on Amazon from Raptor. Then spray the Raptor.

We used the adhesion promoter on the plastic on the Xterra and there is no way that is coming off.
                          Last edited by wellingtontx; 08-18-2020, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                            I would go to an auto paint store like English Color. Tell them you want a gallon of wax and grease remover. Wipe it all down two or three times. On that deadner I would then spray with adhesion promoter which you can also get from English Color or on Amazon from Raptor. Then spray the Raptor.

We used the adhesion promoter on the plastic on the Xterra and there is no way that is coming off.

Thanks! I’m going to give that a shot then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                              I did get a couple of quotes to coat the full exterior and they ranged from $1,800 to $3,500, so that’s not going to happen.

Dang...for that price you could get a 2nd ranch ride and raptor coat them both! No question this will be a DIY project.

Those who've sprayed Raptor or some other brand, how sharp is the spray edge? I am thinking of going with the tentable liner and getting 3 or 4 colors and spraying a large pattern camo. Might be a fools errand, don't know till yards try I guess.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X