Spring, summer planters how many

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Just got all my seed order!! Bundleflower/Maximillan Mix, Turner Spring Deer Mix, Dove Mix... grand total of $2200.00 Will pick up the sunflowers from TSC next week.
    Wow! Post up some pics when you plant.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
      Wow! Post up some pics when you plant.
      Will do. Total acreage will be 45 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Will do. Total acreage will be 45 acres.
        You may not realize this but you are now a farmer.
        Last edited by unclefish; 04-02-2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I will be planting iron/clay peas and RR Eagle beans in about a month or less. One plot may be late due to moisture ( too much ! ). But, it's worth the wait, 'cause it really produces !

Forgot to add, this is lower Rusk Co.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
            You may not realize this but you are now a farmer.
            Thats what I am afraid of!!!!

Comment

Anyone have much experience with Turner Seed's spring mix? We are planting this weekend and debating whether or not to go with the mix or pick our own and mix ourselves. My fear is the varying size of seed in the mix and some seeds getting planted too deep as a result.

We will be using a Plot Master if that changes anything.

Currently leaning towards LabLab, cowpeas or soybean, and chicory or bundleflower if we don't do the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                Anyone have much experience with Turner Seed's spring mix? We are planting this weekend and debating whether or not to go with the mix or pick our own and mix ourselves. My fear is the varying size of seed in the mix and some seeds getting planted too deep as a result.

We will be using a Plot Master if that changes anything.

Currently leaning towards LabLab, cowpeas or soybean, and chicory or bundleflower if we don't do the mix.
                We planted 10 acres in this 2 weeks ago. We had no problem with the seed size.

Comment

Hoping it dries out this week so I can my soybeans put in.

Comment

Planting large and small seeds at the same time can a challenge.

I normally mix the large seeds and plant and then come back and just broadcast the tiny seeds on top like chicory. Been doing this many years and it work great.

Comment

We planted a week or two ago in Milam county

Comment

We have decided to plant Cowpeas, Soy bean, Black Eye Peas, and Hegari (higear) Sorghum. Plan on planting 11-12 acres on Saturday/Sunday.

Comment

Planted 12-14 acres of IC peas ,sunflowers and a little Sun Hemp in Stonewall county 2 weeks ago. Have had at least 3" of rain since planting. Can't wait to check on it.

Comment

it's so wet @ my place I will not be planting till mid May from the look of things. I have one hill top planted in EB soybeans and I have about 4 acres in different clovers that are doing great but man is it wet this yr. I am guessing that is better than the drought we have seen the past few yrs.

Comment

I'm wondering if the seeds I planted last week have washed away. We've gotten over 7 inches this week all in huge gully washing rains....not slow soakers.

It wouldn't surprise me if I have to plant part of it again.

Comment

Crazy spring but can never complain about rain. I've managed to get 2 fields planted in between rains but it is raining again now. Looks like there will be a window later next week and we will go full speed . The first beans we planted are up and looking great.

Just back from the ranch and I can't remember the last time it looked so good this time of year. A giant flower garden. I can remember my ranch manager telling me last year that if it didn't start raining by June he was getting out of the cattle business. It started raining the last week of May and hasn't stopped.

The next 90 days define antler growth based on the foundation in place now. We will be 100% focused!

Comment

Working...
                                X