No announcement yet.

Grilled shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of standard ideas already mentioned. One other thing I do is throw some bbq seasoning on them (I like Reo’s fancy BBQ), skewer, grill til white, then throw em on a salad with bbq sauce and ranch dressing. It’s our imitation of a salad they make at Gringos in Cypress.

Comment

Hard to beat Tony Chachere's on shrimp

Comment

Barnacle Dust and melted butter.

Comment

I let mine marinate in a blackening seasoning, lime juice, minced garlic, SPF, and flat leaf parsley. I throw it on the griddle or grill till pink. I then toss the shrimp in a little bit of melted butter. The KEY to any good shrimp dish is not to over cook them. Let them get pink then pull it.

Comment

I have some ragin blaze I was going to try on some of them.

Comment

Thanks everyone, gives me a place to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Once you go to Cody's or Castaways in Port A and have the grilled shrimp you will never peel and skewer again. Lol. Are they better? Just go to another restaurant in town where they serve skewered shrimp. No contest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've soaked in BBQ sauce and grilled. Don't overcook.

Comment

We use Paul Prudhomms Blackened Redfish Seasoning on all my grilled shrimp and fish. But any of the above will work.

Comment

Found the Uncle Julio's Habanero honey bacon shrimp recipe the other day. Really good stuff.

The folks from Uncle Julio's stop by Good Day to make shrimp with a kick.  

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        We use Paul Prudhomms Blackened Redfish Seasoning on all my grilled shrimp and fish. But any of the above will work.
                        Good stuff. I have some. Gonna use it on the shrimp next time.

Comment

I like them dusted with Cavenders

Comment

Peeled on skewers covered in butter and fresh minced garlic. That's all

Comment

I agree 100% with BoB about not peeling before grilling. The juices under the shell is where all that great shrimpy flavor comes from. You can't really get much seasoning on them with the shell still on so we make a simple dipping sauce out of butter, Ragin' Blaze and lemon juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Once you go to Cody's or Castaways in Port A and have the grilled shrimp you will never peel and skewer again. Lol. Are they better? Just go to another restaurant in town where they serve skewered shrimp. No contest.

Just came from Port A, We ate lunch at Finns

Comment

Working...
                                X