No announcement yet.

Pig trap, is my math right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping to get this built this weekend.

Comment

Some good info here.

Comment

Bumping.
        It took me 2 days to find it

Comment

Trap? That's a hog farm!

You should be good. Maybe cut it down to 25'.

Comment

My feed pens are 6 panels and I don’t see any reason a trap would need to be any bigger.

Comment

Curious what is used for the door? Is it a continuous door where they push in or is there a trigger that they hit and it closes for good?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                Curious what is used for the door? Is it a continuous door where they push in or is there a trigger that they hit and it closes for good?

Excellent question.
                Since I don’t have a door it’ll be some type of continuous catch.
                Post #6 has picture of the style. IF it loads. On Android I can see the picture. On IOS I can’t......

I am reposting the picture of design I'm considering
                Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-07-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

That's the trap diagram that I concocted. Glad to see it has legs and folks are finding it useful.

Here is the video of me whackin' pigs in the trap from which I developed that drawing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLO4IIYWn2s"]Feral Hog Eradication - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                    That's the trap diagram that I concocted. Glad to see it has legs and folks are finding it useful.

Here is the video of me whackin' pigs in the trap from which I developed that drawing.

Feral Hog Eradication - YouTube

That 3rd brown pig at .19 still cracks me the hell up on his “death fall”[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      That 3rd brown pig at .19 still cracks me the hell up on his “death fall”[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
                      Oh my LAWD that was funny 😂🤣 I’m rollin!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                        Oh my LAWD that was funny [emoji23][emoji1787] I’m rollin!

I chuckle every time I see it. It’s almost dramatic [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post

Feral Hog Eradication - YouTube
                          I forgot this was your video.

Comment

You lost me at math. I don’t think pigs can count anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don't get the panels with the big squares---the little ones will get out and get away. Get the panels with the 4" square openings. Overlap the panels one square and put a post at each overlap plus one in the middle of each panel.

I use 6 16' panels plus a 4' gate, so roughly 100' around minus the loss from the overlaps which is about 40"

Comment

Well I haven't done anything with this yet.

Buddy just picked us up a small airport that needs hog control.
                                We ain't charging nor are we paying.

There's neighbor and no real good shooting lane. The trees are the property lines. So add that to the neighbors we've rules out firearms for now. There's a couple spots we can setup tree stands. That might get us into firearms territory.

We are thinking a trap will be best.

I just watched Casey's video again and didn't see a feeder, nor could I see the gate.

Hoping to find the stuff to get it built this weekend...

Comment

Working...
                                X