Timer for feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timer for feeder

I just got to the lease and my timer is jacked up. It's a Game winner feeder. I'm going to try to go in to town to get a new timer. Will any timer work? Or does it have to be a game winner?

Thanks for the help!

Go find a "The Timer" in town. Good for 6v or 12v. You won't regret it.

GW is Academys crap that's the equivelant to WGI.

Comment

The Timer, Plan B, or a Foreverlast. Academy really needs to spend an extra $5 and up grade those Game Winner timers so they will last. I've had 2-3 fail within 6 months, and learned my lesson...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

I don't think they are as good as they used to be. Think I had to replace like 3 last year. Think they are around 70 bucks now. Went with ASF for about half the price.

Comment

I've always had good luck with moultrie feeders. A few have lasted well over 10 years for us.

Comment

I picked up a The Timer at Buc cees in Bastrop for $49.99 the other day to replace one that was in the flood. I'm running six of them and their the best in my opinion.

Comment

I would say the the timer or moultrie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

I don't think there WGI bad but I know what your saying. Definetly go with The Timer if you can find one. On a side note just because there cheap I try to keep 1 or 2 GW timers in the truck because they will get you out of a pinch.

Comment

Timer for feeder

Originally posted by myway View Post
                  I don't think there WGI bad but I know what your saying. Definetly go with The Timer if you can find one. On a side note just because there cheap I try to keep 1 or 2 GW timers in the truck because they will get you out of a pinch.

WGI are terrible. First year I had 4 WGI units and timers none made it past a year. I have never in my life had problems with feeders like I did when I had WGI. Replaced them all with everlast or spintech and haven't had very many problems since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    WGI are terrible. First year I had 4 WGI units and timers none made it past a year. I have never in my life had problems with feeders like I did when I had WGI. Replaced them all with everlast or spintech and haven't had very many problems since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Oh I agree 100% they are pure crap. I have had them not work out of the box but if that's all they had at the hardware store it's better than the alternative.

Comment

X2 on ASF. IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X