Burning trash dumped on property.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning trash dumped on property.

Trash truck caught on fire on our CR. They backed up into my entrance and dumped the flaming fun right on our property. County called me, said the FD was there. Then the trash company called to apologize and that they were going to clean it up along with a visit from environmental. What do I/should I do in this situation?

Document everything. Take pictures of the damage. Is this a black top road, did it burn the road...have them repair any questionable damage they caused.

Comment

I wouldn't do anything. They sure didn't want to dump it and will have to clean up. Normal procedure for trash truck fire .

Comment

Personally, I would document everything with the intent of doing nothing unless they didn't get everything cleaned up/squared away to your satisfaction

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
          Personally, I would document everything with the intent of doing nothing unless they didn't get everything cleaned up/squared away to your satisfaction
          This ^^^^^

Comment

Build a bin fire in there parking lot. Hang out and drink beer till they clean up their mess....

Ide just wait for them to do the right thing.
            I’m sure they will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
              This

Comment

Sounds like they did & are doing what is needed to be done. I bet they clean up the area very well.

Comment

Get free trash pickup for 5 years.

Comment

I'd go full Karen on em and scream until I was able to scream at the manager's manager.

If that didnt work, I'd go full Kyle. Slam 4 monsters, and go punch all the drywall at the trash company's office. That's the only way to get real results.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                      Sounds like they did & are doing what is needed to be done. I bet they clean up the area very well.
                      What upper management, fearful of lawsuits, say and what the low wage workers who clean up the mess are two very different things. Even the environmental company they hire will be working for them, not you.

Document everything.

Comment

First thing I would do is post pics

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                          This sounds like they made a good decision to dump it on a road instead a grass area and start a fire

Comment

Rope it off with caution tape and tell them they can’t do anything for 24 hours until your attorney has looked at it. I bet they clean it all up

Comment

Put yourself in their situation. What would you do if you had a truck fire and the only thing to do is either immediately dump it or watch the truck burn. Sounds like an emergency to me. I would take pictures and document like mentioned above just in case things don't work out. But it sounds like they did the right thing by contacting you and saying they would fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X