Deer Lease Scam??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Lease Scam??

I made a thread a few weeks ago where I was beginning my lease search since withdrawing from dental school and moving back to Texas.

I saw an ad on Facebook and contacted the guy. He then sent me a link that brought me to a website called Adventures Missions & Retreats. On the website there are several tracks of land for lease, and it states that to hold your spot you need to either pay in full or put a 50% deposit down.

Now the kicker is, is that we aren’t able to view the property without either paying in full or putting the deposit down. It says on the website that if we aren’t satisfied with the property on our visit (after we’ve paid at least 50% mins you), we would be refunded our money.

That seems kind of fishy to me.

What do you my TBH’rs think?

Have any of you dealt with anyone through this website?

No way in hell would I pay a nickel until I saw it. Nor would I expect anybody to do the same for the lease that I run.

Comment

Never dealt with them, but there is no way I’d do that.

Comment

Hell no!!

Comment

Scott is decent guy. Ive talked to him in the past on several occasions and I know several TBHrs that have leased from him. It’s on odd way of doing business but he seems to lease up all his places. You will get mixed reviews of Scott and Adventure ministries. It’s not a scam business but just the way he does it.

Comment

I wasn’t going to pay. I was going to call the number that the guy sent me to contact him by to question why we aren’t able to see the property before hand. Just trying to see if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing or this particular lease finder website.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              Scott is decent guy. Ive talked to him in the past on several occasions and I know several TBHrs that have leased from him. It’s on odd way of doing business but he seems to lease up all his places. You will get mixed reviews of Scott and Adventure ministries. It’s not a scam business but just the way he does it.
              Are there any catches? Do you know of anyone who has leased with him? Positive or negative reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by jacoblopez View Post
                Are there any catches? Do you know of anyone who has leased with him? Positive or negative reviews?
                No not any catches I know of. He’s just a broker/outfitter and wants to get paid before he lets the places go or be seen sometimes. The only negative reviews I ever heard of Scott was he slow to fix issues with lease facilities. Sometimes didn’t fix them at all.

Did you talk to Scott or someone else?

Comment

He probably got tired of wasting his time with tire kickers. Putting 50% up let’s him know you’re serious
                  Last edited by AntlerCollector; 10-13-2020, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    No not any catches I know of. He’s just a broker/outfitter and wants to get paid before he lets the places go or be seen sometimes. The only negative reviews I ever heard of Scott was he slow to fix issues with lease facilities. Sometimes didn’t fix them at all.

Did you talk to Scott or someone else?
                    I haven’t spoken with him directly, like on the phone, yet. He messaged me back about an hour ago, but I didn’t want to call because it is so late. Trying to be courteous and all. Am going to call tomorrow though.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      He probably got tired of wasting his time with tire kickers. Putting 50% up let’s him know your serious

I bet that’s it. Man I’d still be real nervous about sending that money though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                        I bet that’s it. Man I’d still be real nervous about sending that money though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Me too, especially considering what the lease game is in this day in age.
                        Has to be a nightmare trying to handle all of it.

Comment

I’d keep looking / that’s a tough sell!

Comment

I work too hard for my money....

Comment

Don't walk. Run like hell. No way of doing business. If he doesn't like tire kickers then he's in the wrong business. Not everyone likes the same type properties.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X