No announcement yet.

To Those With UTV’s...I Have ????s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 1993 4 wheeler I bought new, a 2000 4 wheeler, 2020 sxs, stihl chain saw I bought in 2002, 12 year old zero turn, a coupe of stihl weed eaters at least 5 years old and two Honda eu2000s I bought in 2008. Point being, I have always used regular from the pump, no mechanical issues and they all still run very well.
    I do crank the above mentioned on a regular basis and of Cleese a regular pm schedule.
    Last edited by tps7742; 01-24-2021, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Use premium for sxs and all small engines. Put 1 tablespoon seafoam in my 5 gallon can before i fill it up. Night and day difference than using regular gas only

Comment

2020 Mule4010, gas blower, chainsaw, etc. all they have seen is non-ethanol fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Ahhh good point. Mine is EFI
          You should be fine then. Recommendations were based on personal observations as well as our mechanic who works on my machines as well as our company fleet. Ethanol causes problems with the carb. No issues noted with efi

Comment

Older stuff that has metal gas tanks (my 85 fourtrax) don't like the ethanol. Starts getting rust in the tank that eventually clogs your fuel system...should've used better filter. I've been using marine stabil since they started with this alcohol gas but it won't prevent the rust. Got the tank lined and allz well again. Seafoam is greatness as well. Had some cheap ol ryobi and poulan pro stuff last 12+ years thanks to that ol fellar's advice.

Comment

I've always used regular 87 in mine. I do put Startron in tanks/ gas cans.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Do you run ethanol free gas in your machine and why? Did your dealer tell you to run ethanol free or you heard it on the street somewhere?

If you don’t, why don’t you?

And go!
                Yes and it's all I will run in it unless I was in a blind. No, dealer didn't say to. I didn't hear it on the street. I learned it from maintenance and have seen what regular gas will do to fuel systems on outboards, and other equipment.

I also run it in my kids polaris rzr and 4 wheeler, my mower and chainsaws. They will crank when you need them instead of being gummed up with regular gas.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

i fill my ranger with plus gasoline and 1/2 bottle of lucas gas treatment. dun.

Comment

Mines diesel...nuff said

Comment

No E for me !
                      My boats sit 10 months at a time.
                      4 wheeler gets used on 2-3 hunts a year.
                      Never had any problems.

Comment

I don't, but I do treat every ounce of fuel that goes into mine. Never had an issue (knocking on wood as I type).

Comment

SXS=Regular 87, nothing added. No problems. EFI unit.

Carburated machines get gas treatment added to tanks.

Mower used ethenol free from buccees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I run ethanol free. There is a station about 2 minutes from my gate that only has ethanol free fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don't use ethanol free gas in my utv or boat engines. I do use Startron fuel treatment in all the engines. I was using stabil but still had to have boat engine carbs cleaned and rebuilt. The mechanic recommended Starton instead of stabil so I started using it. I have had zero issues since. I put the Startron in all gas cans before filling them.

Comment

I use regular gas and add seafoam or Lucas every 3rd fourth fill up. I put about 1000 miles a year on mine and never a problem

Comment

Working...
                                X