08 Silverado abs Trac control lights need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

08 Silverado abs Trac control lights need help

I have an 08 silverado z71. Abs and Trac control lights came on coming back from the lease Sunday night. I scanned for codes today. Came up with rear right abs wheel speed sensor shorted. I replaced the sensor tonight and cleared the code. Didn't even make it around the block and the lights came back on. Google it and came up with I need to sand the area under the sensor. But that was on older models. Need some help here. Anything else I need to do?

Is the truck running fine? if not you need to PM me and I will fill you in on what it probably is. I have an 08 Z/71 Silverado also and just went thru the same thing.

Comment

RE

Make sure your brake fluid Reservoir is full
      No joke

Comment

Yes it is running fine. Drove it to work today.

Comment

My 09 will do this occasionally on cold mornings ???? Once before there was a bigger issue where it started doing crazy stuff like the door locks engaging , dash lights flashing on & off, radio doing the same , all at the same time !!!! Took it to the dealership, they found the master cylinder was leaking a small bit into the circuit cluster below it and shorting it out !!!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I have an 08 silverado vortec max, my truck did the exact thing a year ago this weekend coming back from the lease, after the lights came on they went off then a day or so later it did it again except then is started missing. Took it to the chevy house, they pretty much had to rebuild the motor. That has no happened twice. Thank God I had a warranty. When they plugged mine up all it said was the tps sensor was out and that I had fouled a plug. Come to find out 2 of my pistons locked up and wore flat spots on my cam. Apparently it all stems from the efm and it shutting down to 4 cylinder mode and locking down the lifters when it switching back into 8 cylinder mode. Pretty common problem with this year model

Comment

Had same issue on my 2008. Combination of dirty grounds and main positive power cable going bad.

Comment

Just curious, are your brake lights on when you are driving? I similar error on mine in oct. my brake lights stayed on constantly & my trac control light was on. It was a bad brake sensor.

Comment

I had a similar issue not long ago. I had to change several things before i corrected the issue. I STILL couldn't pinpoint the issue.
                    I changed the tps sensor, mass airflow sensor, repaired a break fluid leak into the booster and finally had to replace my injectors. Somehow they all were affecting the check engine and trac lights.

Comment

I don't have a check engine light. Just abs and Trac lights. You guys are scaring me with all these engine problems.

Comment

I found my problem. My scanner was showing code C0035. Under the code it said rear right wheel speed sensor shorted. I Google the code this morning and found out that C0035 is the front left wheel speed sensor. Changed out the bearing hub/sensor on the left front. Problem solved. Thanks everyone for the help.

Comment

Working...
                        X