Bill Wittliff passed away today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Wittliff passed away today

For the literary crowd, as well as TX History enthusiasts, saw this news today. Screenwriter for Lonesome Dove, amongst many, many others. Also curated the Wittliff collection at Southwest Texas State (I know, I know it’s TX State now)

His son is a member here.

He had an amazing career and incredible talents. I'm a big fan of his photography work.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
      His son is a member here.

He had an amazing career and incredible talents. I'm a big fan of his photography work.

I did not know that. And agreed, absolutely incredible talent.

Comment

A multi-talented Texas legend for sure. His book of photographs from the making of Lonesome Dove has an honored place on many a Texas coffee table.

(for those who didn't know, he wrote - or helped write - write the screenplay)

Comment

Texas legend. RIP

Comment

RIP to a Texas Legend who promoted Texas

Comment

One of the great ones. RIP Sir.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Rip

Comment

I take my students to his collection at Tx State every year and several years back he happened to be there. He spoke to them and was extremely accommodating to each and every one as they asked questions. A true legend.

Comment

RIP sir. Always enjoyed viewing the Wittliff collection at the Alkek Library while attending Texas State. So cool seeing all the actual clothing and garments from Lonesome Dove

Comment

My wife got me this for Father's Day. Given I know Mr. Wittliffs son, I would have loved to have gotten it signed. I hate I missed that opportunity. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190611_185858.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	24583062

Comment

His book of LD photos was the sign-in book at our wedding reception. Our first child is named Gus. His and McMurtry’s work is and has been an important part of my life. RIP sir. My condolences to his son and the rest of his family for their loss.

Comment

Working...
                        X