Viking Archery Canyon Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viking Archery Canyon Lake

Now I should have avoided this place since my friend said the owner inappropriately touched his girlfriend while giving her unnecessary shooting instruction there about 7 years ago, but I needed to acquire a particular hard to find bow . . .

What ensued was an extremely bizarre experience.

Entered store and waited 5 minutes for someone to come out. No one did so I opened and closed the door again so they could hear the bells go off again. Waited. Yelled hello. After 10 minutes I walked to the back office and asked if someone could help me up front. They said yes and eventually the owner walked to the end of the hallway and stopped, not coming any closer to the bow counter than that. He said nothing, just stood there glaring at me. I walked over and explained what I was looking for. Immediately it was apparent that he had copped an attitude towards me for who knows what reason.
    I had been in contact with Bear archery to acquire a particular bow. They said they couldn't ship directly from the manufacturer, but gave me a short list of their distributors near me, all of which they said could order it, and Viking Archery was one. Bear Archery even gave me a voucher with the contact name and number of their agent, to pay shipping to their retail distributor for this bow. I mentioned to the owner that I hadn't seen the right handed version of this bow hanging in the rack, and asked if he didn't have it, could he please order it. I said I was willing to pay upfront. He didn't say whether he had it or not, and refused to order one. I attempted to show him the voucher from Bear Archery and he said I was I lying . . .
    He then denied that he was a Bear Archery retail distributor, despite having dozens of their bows a few feet away, and despite Bear Archery specifically sending me there.
    Definitely the most strange and one of the most rude customer experiences I've encountered.

Do a search on Viking Archery, your story matches most of the others. He sure has issues.

Comment

Yea I’m not sure how he’s still in business. They also own the archery department/section at wheelers in Boerne. I had a great time there with my daughter. It’s the old mans son who runs that shop. He was nice and def not like his arsehole old man. I’d maybe try that location if no one else can help you out. Just don’t tell him you went by canyon lake until you have the bow in hand

Comment

Say it aint so....

Comment

Chip off the ol block [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            Chip off the ol block [emoji23]

The sons are just fine, it's "the ole block" himself the op is referring to here. I'm very surprised Tim hasn't been arrested for some kind of assault.....

Comment

Had a very similar experience there about 10 years back. Like he went out of his way not to help us. Went back 2 days later to buy field points he was the nicest guy in the world.

I like the guys at wheelers though

Comment

The old man is a real piece of work. I refuse to go there and give them any business.

Comment

He hasn't changed since I first met him in the 70's. I haven't seen him since then, that's just how rude he was at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    The sons are just fine, it's "the ole block" himself the op is referring to here. I'm very surprised Tim hasn't been arrested for some kind of assault.....
                    My bad, they should send him away far away. One time was enough for me.

Comment

Must be the same guy that owned Viking archery in Houston several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        I am actually surprised he hasn't been the recipient of many assaults...…..I went by there once. Had 2K in my pocket spend and he was the biggest peckerhead I have ever come across, turned around and walked out. Haven't been back there since.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                          Must be the same guy that owned Viking archery in Houston several years ago.
                          I'm pretty sure it is.
                          I went in there ONCE, when I first moved here. He was such an *** I never set foot in the store again, and never will.
                          I really don't see how he's stayed in business.

Comment

He was kinda CRUDE ..in Hou...last time I saw him he moved to Starsville up near Canyon Lake ..That was probably in 2008 ....He got a really nice bow shop and range, out of town a few miles.Haven't been up there since..so not sure if its still there

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                              I'm pretty sure it is.
                              I went in there ONCE, when I first moved here. He was such an *** I never set foot in the store again, and never will.
                              I really don't see how he's stayed in business.
                              It is the same guy. I have seen him in action, but never had issues with him personally. I’ve been there several times and received great service from him, his son, and his wife.
                              I consider myself lucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X