Survey question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survey question

Buying some property, set to close next week. Went out a few days ago and noticed that only the corners were marked by the survey company. It's a long property with one boundary being 500+ yards. Am I wrong in assuming that the survey co should put a couple markers in between the long stretches so I know where the heck to build the fence? Is that not what you pay for? I asked about it and was told that the corners are the only thing required be marked? Sellers are paying for the survey btw... w tee f
    Last edited by TXFireFighter; 05-09-2019, 12:43 PM.

Unless specifically requested and included in the proposal, yes, only corners would typically be monumented.

Comment

Just corner unless you request and pay for additional markers.

Comment

Yup only the corners. Last piece we bought cost us a couple grand more to come in and have the fence lines marked. It was all thick they had to cut there way through it. It suck but hopefully you have good line of sight or its not to thick.

This was for several thousand feet.

Comment

If you were closer I could do it

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I was assuming they would at least throw 1 or 2 down since the side runs are so long. I'll see if I can find someone local to help me out.

Comment

I bought a long narrow tract that needed fencing on one of the long sides. The surveyor quoted $1800 for just the corners and $2400 to mark the one side with enough stakes to install the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                Yup only the corners. Last piece we bought cost us a couple grand more to come in and have the fence lines marked. It was all thick they had to cut there way through it. It suck but hopefully you have good line of sight or its not to thick.

This was for several thousand feet.
                This ^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                X