Dirk is a GOAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    I agree, but he's still done more for Cleveland basketball than Dirk has for Dallas

It's not a knock on Dirk. He's a great player, but he's no GOAT

He did just as much damage to it as well.

In team sports there is no GOAT in anything in my opinion.

There are way to many factors (teammates) involved in ones success.

Comment

I agree, but he's still done more for Cleveland basketball than Dirk has for Dallas

Come on now.....they both brought their team a championship......and Dirks was at the expense of Lebron.

Lebron didn't spend enough years to do more for Cleveland than Dirk did for Dallas.

Comment

And came back

No other player has lived, played and contributed more than Dirk for any other Franchise.

Do you agree with this ^^^^^

Contribute more? How many championships has he brought his city?
        I don't know that I fully agree with it. No player has played more for any franchise, that's a fact. Only the 1 Champ, but you have to consider what the franchise was before Dirk....worse than Cleveland I would guess, but I suppose that is subjective. I think I read where they have spent less time with a losing record than anyone but the Spurs since he got here. I think they won 13 games one year in the mid 90s. You also have to consider the money, the 21 years element, and the way he's carried himself. I am biased though, because I have a very high opinion of the man.

He's contributed far more to the Mavs than LeBron did the Cavs.....they burned his jersey in the streets...twice. Besides his being a ****.

Comment

I disagree, Dirk decided he wanted to be a Mav for life and in doing so took the Mavs to the top with a championship and also kept them relevant in recent years.
          LeBron has left Cleveland holding the bag twice. Yes, he brought them a long awaited championship, but to say he’s done more for the franchise is horse ****.

Comment

So no one is making an argument against Jordan?

Dirk has one championship in 21 years. He's a great player without a doubt.

The Chicago Bulls were known around the World thanks to Jordan. I believe he squeaked out a few more championships too. Some of y'all need to take off the fans glasses. Dirk is great and any team would take his career on their team. My whole point was in response to the statement that he's done more for his team than anyone else has for theirs. There's just no way. He's a house hold name in Dallas, but Jordan put the Bulls on a worldwide stage and racked up championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I don't know that I fully agree with it. No player has played more for any franchise, that's a fact. Only the 1 Champ, but you have to consider what the franchise was before Dirk....worse than Cleveland I would guess, but I suppose that is subjective. I think I read where they have spent less time with a losing record than anyone but the Spurs since he got here. I think they won 13 games one year in the mid 90s. You also have to consider the money, the 21 years element, and the way he's carried himself. I am biased though, because I have a very high opinion of the man.

He's contributed far more to the Mavs than LeBron did the Cavs.....they burned his jersey in the streets...twice. Besides his being a ****.
              This ^^^^ is the best argument yet. I may even concede LeBron because I can't stand him. Still wouldn't be throwing out GOAT unless we are talking Jordan or LeBron

Comment

The Chicago Bulls were known around the World thanks to Jordan. I believe he squeaked out a few more championships too. Some of y'all need to take off the fans glasses. Dirk is great and any team would take his career on their team. My whole point was in response to the statement that he's done more for his team than anyone else has for theirs. There's just no way. He's a house hold name in Dallas, but Jordan put the Bulls on a worldwide stage and racked up championships.
                I don’t think you’ll get an argument against Jordan being the overall Goat. If so, I’d like to hear it.
                Dirk is the Goat of the Mavs, just as Duncan is to the Spurs, the Mailman to the Jazz, Jordan to the Bulls, Dwayne Wade to the Heat, and the list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                  I don’t think you’ll get an argument against Jordan being the overall Goat. If so, I’d like to hear it.
                  Dirk is the Goat of the Mavs, just as Duncan is to the Spurs, the Mailman to the Jazz, Jordan to the Bulls, Dwayne Wade to the Heat, and the list goes on.

Agreed.

Olajuwon is the Rockets GOAT

Comment

Agreed.

No doubt

Comment

On the court, its MJ and there's no argument.

You'd probably have to follow the Mavs to appreciate Dirk's entire cTalog of contributions, and what a great dude he's been for these 21 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LeBron for Cleveland
                        Jordan for Chicago

No one knew the Cleveland Cavaliers were a basketball team before LeBron got there.
                        And came back

No other player has lived, played and contributed more than Dirk for any other Franchise.

Do you agree with this ^^^^^

Contribute more? How many championships has he brought his city?

This ^^^^ is the best argument yet. I may even concede LeBron because I can't stand him. Still wouldn't be throwing out GOAT unless we are talking Jordan or LeBron
                        Agreed.

Another slow day in Votaw I see AC!

Dirk is The Man! Not the GOAT....but THE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          Another slow day in Votaw I see AC!

Dirk is The Man! Not the GOAT....but THE MAN!

You're gonna make Landrover jealous with all those quotes

Thanks for agreeing with me!

Comment

But, what about Sleepy Eyed Sam Perkins? Maybe he can be the goatee?

Seriously, what about Brad Davis? Is he still the only Maverick jersey hanging from the rafters?

Comment

How’s my Dirk taste ?

Comment

You don't have to concede Lebron, that point was garbage from the beginning.[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X