Which Scope for 17 HMR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Scope for 17 HMR?

I picked up a CZ 455 in 17 off here that I plan to use for prairie dogs within 100 yards. Will use my .223 for anything further than that. I have a couple extra scopes laying around and plan to use one of them but can't decide which. I have a Nikon 3-9x40 w/ BDC and a Vortex Crossfire 4-12x40 BDC I could use. Or should I just pick up a 3-9 or 4-12 BSA Sweet 17, or something completely different altogether? Appreciate any input.

I have a vari x ii 4-12x40 on mine.

12x is real handy when squirrel hunting. I'd try your 4-12 vortex you already have and see how you like it.

Comment

I got Muellers for my rim fires and love em.

Comment

3-9x40 is plenty for a .17HMR. I have a BSA Sweet 17 on mine.

Comment

I have a vx3 4x12 also and it’s great

Comment

Either of the two you mentioned would be fine. You can determine what distances the BDC reticle is good for on the .17 and use either one with good results.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
              I got Muellers for my rim fires and love em.

I actually have a Mueller on a .22 I’m not using. Wonder if I should move it over and throw the 3-9 on the 22.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

I'm running a 4-12 weaver kaspa on a CZ17hmr and 22lr. It has a great moa based illiminated retical with locking target turrets. My dad runs one on a 25-06 and it's held up well to the recoil.

A lot of value for $200 from academy.

Don't skimp on the rings. I'd take a hard look at BKL tactical rings. They work great on the CZ actions plus they're made in Texas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  3-9x40 is plenty for a .17HMR. I have a BSA Sweet 17 on mine.
                  This is exactly what I have on mine and it's been good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                    I'm running a 4-12 weaver kaspa on a CZ17hmr and 22lr. It has a great moa based illiminated retical with locking target turrets. My dad runs one on a 25-06 and it's held up well to the recoil.

A lot of value for $200 from academy.

Don't skimp on the rings. I'd take a hard look at BKL tactical rings. They work great on the CZ actions plus they're made in Texas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Have BKL on order, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X