Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 11:25 PM   #101
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Oh these libs always seem to turn out to be the real racist lol.
Dont mind killing babies....maybe it's because he knows the majority of abortions are in the black community

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
Kamala Harris, who is running for president( but not black enough to be president according to Don Lemon on CNN wedsnday)... just called for Gov. Va to resign over the photos. Eating themselves up left and right.
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2019, 11:32 PM   #102
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Kamala Harris, who is running for president( but not black enough to be president according to Don Lemon on CNN wedsnday)... just called for Gov. Va to resign over the photos. Eating themselves up left and right.


Yes sir
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2019, 08:56 AM   #103
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Kamala Harris, who is running for president( but not black enough to be president according to Don Lemon on CNN wedsnday)... just called for Gov. Va to resign over the photos. Eating themselves up left and right.
Don Lemonís comments should be considered every bit as racist as that 30+ yr old photo
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2019, 09:08 AM   #104
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Tran... the delagate that the governor was defending and subsequently put him in the spotlight, has also now called for him to resign. Haha
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2019, 09:40 AM   #105
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Tran... the delagate that the governor was defending and subsequently put him in the spotlight, has also now called for him to resign. Haha
Stuck his neck out for her and she cut it off
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #106
diamond10x
Ten Point
 
diamond10x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Helotes
Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties
Default

DO NOT BE FOOLED...

The remarks for him to resign are not because of him being a rascist. He revealed to the public the democrats real agenda with abortion and this is why they want him gone. It’s not just a coincidence the yearbook photos came out right after he went on radio explaining the whole abortion thing. The rascist ordeal is a cover up for what he revealed to the public about their abortion agenda.
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #107
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond10x View Post
DO NOT BE FOOLED...

The remarks for him to resign are not because of him being a rascist. He revealed to the public the democrats real agenda with abortion and this is why they want him gone. Itís not just a coincidence the yearbook photos came out right after he went on radio explaining the whole abortion thing. The rascist ordeal is a cover up for what he revealed to the public about their abortion agenda.
IMO, this is 100% true. You can not convince me that nobody has ever uncovered this photo with all the research that goes on in politics. This was nothing but a distraction from the true abortion agenda being revealed. Itís the same with single payer - the end goal is to inflate costs frome govt healthcare that must be paid and to control the population through denial of services or mess they deem too expensive, or denial for patients they deem they will not see a return on through contribution to society.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2019, 08:17 PM   #108
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond10x View Post
DO NOT BE FOOLED...

The remarks for him to resign are not because of him being a rascist. He revealed to the public the democrats real agenda with abortion and this is why they want him gone. Itís not just a coincidence the yearbook photos came out right after he went on radio explaining the whole abortion thing. The rascist ordeal is a cover up for what he revealed to the public about their abortion agenda.
hmmmm, you might just have something there.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2019, 08:32 PM   #109
UltraMax
Ten Point
 
UltraMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Default

Here’s the deal about abortion. The vast majority of people who get abortions are liberal morons that I don’t want multiplying anyway, so what the heck do I care if a bunch of liberals want to kill their own kids. Sounds like a good start to me.

Last edited by UltraMax; 02-05-2019 at 09:27 PM.
UltraMax is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2019, 09:22 PM   #110
Death from Above
Pope & Young
 
Death from Above's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Henderson, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMax View Post
Hereís the deal about abortion. The vast majority of people who get abortions are liberal morons that I donít want multiplying anyway, so what the heck do I care of a bunch of liberals want to kill their own kids. Sounds like a good start to me.
Because it is about the kids...
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2019, 09:48 PM   #111
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death from Above View Post

Because it is about the kids...
...Who can grow up to be productive, positive, contributors to America.

And who vote Conservative.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2019, 10:58 PM   #112
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMax View Post
Hereís the deal about abortion. The vast majority of people who get abortions are liberal morons that I donít want multiplying anyway, so what the heck do I care if a bunch of liberals want to kill their own kids. Sounds like a good start to me.
they all don't turn out to be libs; not that it matters btw.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2019, 11:26 PM   #113
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMax View Post
Hereís the deal about abortion. The vast majority of people who get abortions are liberal morons that I donít want multiplying anyway, so what the heck do I care if a bunch of liberals want to kill their own kids. Sounds like a good start to me.
Wow.

Gary
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2019, 06:46 AM   #114
Coup de Grace
Pope & Young
 
Coup de Grace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Willis Texas
Hunt In: Looking for a lease.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Oh these libs always seem to turn out to be the real racist lol.
Dont mind killing babies....maybe it's because he knows the majority of abortions are in the black community

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
Democrats have lost their minds and just think, there are a few on here that will defend them.
Coup de Grace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2019, 07:22 AM   #115
Duckologist
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SW Louisiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy wonder View Post
Would retro-active abortion be OK?
In Virginia it is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Duckologist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2019, 08:14 AM   #116
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

The morning Joe panel just said that TRUMP is responsible for those late term abortion laws.
He is so bad that people voted for the people who propose such laws.
My God there is no bounds to their stupidity
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2019, 08:31 AM   #117
Capt.Brown
Ten Point
 
Capt.Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnet
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
Wow.

Gary
X2 wow
Capt.Brown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2019, 09:00 AM   #118
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young
 
Dusty Britches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cameron & College Station
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMax View Post
Hereís the deal about abortion. The vast majority of people who get abortions are liberal morons that I donít want multiplying anyway, so what the heck do I care if a bunch of liberals want to kill their own kids. Sounds like a good start to me.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Most of these people are lost souls that need Jesus and the love of God in their lives.

On another tangent - did you know that of all of the black pregnancies in NY state, babies are more likely to die from an abortion than all other causes? Over 70% are aborted. Genocide? Absolutely.
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2019, 09:44 AM   #119
UltraMax
Ten Point
 
UltraMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Britches View Post
I wholeheartedly disagree. Most of these people are lost souls that need Jesus and the love of God in their lives.

On another tangent - did you know that of all of the black pregnancies in NY state, babies are more likely to die from an abortion than all other causes? Over 70% are aborted. Genocide? Absolutely.
I know my opinion is controversial to say the least, and Dusty, you ARE right.

Heres the thing, for me at least, I would never encourage anyone to get an abortion. It would never be a viable option for me or my family. I do believe it is legalized murder.

If one believes they are lost souls and their unborn babyís have never heard the words of Jesus, then I have to believe those souls are with Jesus.

I know I may sound like Iím contradicting myself, but I do believe that abortion IS the liberal holocaust and many, many more viable living humans have been murdered by liberals than Hitler and Stalin combined. The main difference is that they are killing themselves and their OWN blood lines, so I honestly do not care if liberals are weeding themselves out by killing their own offspring. Itís not the right wing conservatives, evangelicals or people with moral compasses that are getting abortions, itís MOSTLY left wing nuts and immoral people that are.
UltraMax is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #120
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

I think the ratio of middle class, proclaimed “christians” who use abortion services would like surprise you
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #121
jhbailey86
Spike
 
jhbailey86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Default

That video is what the media should be showing!

Disgusting that anyone can think its OK.
jhbailey86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2019, 08:27 PM   #122
Death from Above
Pope & Young
 
Death from Above's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Henderson, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
I think the ratio of middle class, proclaimed ďchristiansĒ who use abortion services would like surprise you
This...
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2019, 09:11 PM   #123
doghouse
Pope & Young
 
doghouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Goldthwaite
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

I married a pediatric nurse, so not comment on this thread. Yes I am a conservative.
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2019, 06:40 PM   #124
Barrett
Ten Point
 
Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Austin
Hunt In: Tarpley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
Trump warned of this in 2016 in the last debate with Hillary...he was mocked by the MSM for it....2 years later and here we are....

Its murder, plain and simple
Trump also claimed to be pro-choice in 1999. I guess he changed his mind.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #125
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Trump also claimed to be pro-choice in 1999. I guess he changed his mind.
Like a lot of people have on the subject. Im just glad he's out front trying to protect these defenseless innocent unborn children now. Perhaps you're not.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2019, 10:37 PM   #126
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Trump also claimed to be pro-choice in 1999. I guess he changed his mind.
Man on here was pro choice until all this recent mess, whatís your point?
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2019, 12:04 AM   #127
overcomer401965
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coleman, Texas
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

The question is...... Will killing babies at birth be enough to make some change their political beliefs? Most probably not.
overcomer401965 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #128
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri
Default

My sil was a Democrat until around the W elections. My wife had a discussion with her about all of the things dems support that are directly in opposition to what we are directed in scripture. Abortion being the key issue and it turned her around.

Gary
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2019, 02:07 PM   #129
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Trump also claimed to be pro-choice in 1999. I guess he changed his mind.
As did I. It happens.
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #130
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Lavaca County
Default

Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2019, 03:19 PM   #131
rockyraider
Ten Point
 
rockyraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cen-Tex
Hunt In: Out West
Default

How do you post a youtube video link? Hope this works. Every person who believes that its a woman's right to choose should listen to this video. Truly disturbing.

rockyraider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #132
billythefish
Four Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
There have already been several comments about the NY state law that passed that now permits late term abortion. This has been the best analogy Iíve seen so far

So a doctor and a mass murderer walk into a building. The doctor walks in and gives abortion to a 30 week old child, at about the same time a mass murder shoots at a woman with a 30 week old child inside her, the child dies but she survives. The doctor lives to abort another day. The psychopath murderer is charged with 1st degree murder and is sentenced to life without parole.

All 3 of my kids were born at 36 weeks or less. None of them required extended hospitalization or procedures. This is murder, plain and simple.
Not sure it is a good analogy...you have a woman who has sought out an abortion...and another who did not ask to be shot in the belly...
billythefish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2019, 07:36 PM   #133
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythefish View Post
Not sure it is a good analogy...you have a woman who has sought out an abortion...and another who did not ask to be shot in the belly...
I think you missed the analogy completely. You are focused on the women, rather than the characters that actually died, neither of which had a choice
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2019, 07:43 PM   #134
billythefish
Four Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
I think you missed the analogy completely. You are focused on the women, rather than the characters that actually died, neither of which had a choice
Lol I am capable of reading an analogy- Im saying it is a crap one.
In your story one woman WANTED her baby aborted, the other had her baby shot.
billythefish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2019, 08:07 PM   #135
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Lavaca County
Default


Last edited by Crazy Horse; 02-11-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2019, 09:03 PM   #136
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Lavaca County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythefish View Post
Lol I am capable of reading an analogy- Im saying it is a crap one.
In your story one woman WANTED her baby aborted, the other had her baby shot.
Not really...you just have to take your blinders off first - the woman & the baby are separate in both examples, but only viewed as such in one of the scenarios:

EX #1:
Doctor = is referred to as the physician & can legally kill the baby...
Baby = is referred to as the "fetus" & considered part of the woman's body...
Mother = mother & child are viewed as one individual under the law in this example, thus it is the mother's choice what to do with "her body"...

EX #2:
Killer = is referred to as the perpetrator & can be put on trial for murder...
Baby = is referred to as the victim of a crime...
Mother = mother & child are viewed as two separate individuals under the law in this example, thus constitutes TWO murder charges...


What is the difference in the role of the baby in the two examples?
Why is the death of a baby in one scenario murder & not in the other?
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2019, 10:29 PM   #137
rockyraider
Ten Point
 
rockyraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cen-Tex
Hunt In: Out West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythefish View Post
Lol I am capable of reading an analogy- Im saying it is a crap one.
In your story one woman WANTED her baby aborted, the other had her baby shot.
No sir, I think you are missing the point. The point being, is the willful murder of a child illegal or not, is it immoral or not, etc. In this scenario one baby is killed by a stranger and the other by it's mother. Should it matter if the killer is a stranger or its own mother? The bottom line is that a healthy baby was murdered. Why is one illegal but the other is considered a civil right? The only justification in one's eyes would be the right to choose argument which is bs. In that case it's perfectly legal for the mother to murder an unborn child but otherwise a crime.
rockyraider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2019, 10:45 PM   #138
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythefish View Post
Lol I am capable of reading an analogy- Im saying it is a crap one.
In your story one woman WANTED her baby aborted, the other had her baby shot.
Capable of reading? Maybe. Understanding, not so much.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2019, 11:01 PM   #139
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythefish View Post
Lol I am capable of reading an analogy- Im saying it is a crap one.
In your story one woman WANTED her baby aborted, the other had her baby shot.
You are missing the entire point of what the law does...the fact there was a planned abortion has nothing to do with it. Forget the whole analogy BS. Where are we now & I'm talking about only about the women who WANT to have their babies.

They were discussing a very recent case where a pregnant woman @ 5mos was stabbed to death...both mother & child died. Before the NY law, the killer would be charged with 2 deaths & most certainly would be in any other state even if it was DWI car crash death. Pregnant = mother & child!! 2 HUMANS!!

Now in the state of NY, the child in the womb counts for nothing in the event of a murdered pregnant woman up until the moment of actual birth. Drunk driver kills your pregnant wife while on the way to delivery killing 3 adults & one baby in the ambulance & the child is nothing more than tissue mass to the sate of NY. You can try to defend that if you wish, but no retort you type could be justified if you agree with this new law.

Perspective??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2019, 03:32 AM   #140
billythefish
Four Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyraider View Post
No sir, I think you are missing the point. The point being, is the willful murder of a child illegal or not, is it immoral or not, etc. In this scenario one baby is killed by a stranger and the other by it's mother. Should it matter if the killer is a stranger or its own mother? The bottom line is that a healthy baby was murdered. Why is one illegal but the other is considered a civil right? The only justification in one's eyes would be the right to choose argument which is bs. In that case it's perfectly legal for the mother to murder an unborn child but otherwise a crime.
I understand the point clearly- it is a crap analogy because it can be argued against very easily. Hence I said it is a crap analogy...not that I failed to understand it
billythefish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2019, 04:42 AM   #141
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young
 
Crazy Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Lavaca County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythefish View Post
I understand the point clearly- it is a crap analogy because it can be argued against very easily. Hence I said it is a crap analogy...not that I failed to understand it
....then please do? I'm curious to hear it. Seriously.
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #142
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
....then please do? I'm curious to hear it. Seriously.
X2 but I doubt we will hear it.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #143
-HIC-
Ten Point
 
-HIC-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Willow City & Junction
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
I think I understand what you were trying to say, but I was raised to put my money where my mouth is. The way people are these days, I’m sure many would think holding themselves to that standard of responsibility IS absurd.

If you’re adamantly opposed to something, but unwilling to take action to correct it, then you’re a hypocrite.

hy∑poc∑ri∑sy
/həˈpškrəsē/
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Doesn’t mean you have to agree with abortion, I sure don’t. I’m just not going to cast any stones from where I’m standing.
In your twisted scenario you should not be advocating that abortion be legal unless you are participating in killing babies, true?

I believe your views on this are so skewed that nobody will be able to make you understand that the bio parents are the ones that should be responsible for the choices they have made. You posted the definition of hypocrisy, in this case if you say you are against abortion then participate or encourage someone to have an abortion you would be a hypocrite. Adopting, or being 'in-line' for adoption simply has nothing to do with a personal opinion on the matter.

In fact, your stated objection to abortion and stated tolerance for the practice may, in fact, make you the hypocrite, no?

Last edited by -HIC-; 02-12-2019 at 07:06 PM.
-HIC- is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #144
-HIC-
Ten Point
 
-HIC-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Willow City & Junction
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
hmmmm, come to think of it; there is one in particular that we haven't heard from in a while.
I am not a regular over in this section because I typically dont like to talk politics around the campfire. However, over the last year I have realized that you need to engage anywhere you can. This thread really has shocked me, I did not expect to see some of these statements from sportsmen. In fact, there are a few posters that I would not even care to have a friendly debate with because of statements in this thread.

As someone mentioned in another thread; pick a side. I did not think we were there yet but as of the last week I believe they are exactly on point with that statement.
-HIC- is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2019, 02:09 PM   #145
Razrbk89
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Arkansas
Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HIC- View Post
In your twisted scenario you should not be advocating that abortion be legal unless you are participating in killing babies, true?

I believe your views on this are so skewed that nobody will be able to make you understand that the bio parents are the ones that should be responsible for the choices they have made. You posted the definition of hypocrisy, in this case if you say you are against abortion then participate or encourage someone to have an abortion you would be a hypocrite. Adopting, or being 'in-line' for adoption simply has nothing to do with a personal opinion on the matter.

In fact, your stated objection to abortion and stated tolerance for the practice may, in fact, make you the hypocrite, no?
The current laws give the biological parent/s another option to deal with the choices that they have made, agree? Like I said, I donít agree with abortion, but I also donít believe that it should be totally illegal. Iím not participating in it or encouraging folks to get them, so that part is kinda shot.

The fact that there are thousands & thousands of children in foster care just proves that there a lot of people out there full of hot air. Thatís the hypocritical part (to me). People want to complain about all types of things, but are unwilling to take any meaningful action to prevent/help them. People have really forgotten that actions speak louder than words in the social media age.

Whatís your solution to the problem? What actions are you taking besides calling someone elseís opinion ďskewedĒ on the internet?
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2019, 04:26 PM   #146
rockyraider
Ten Point
 
rockyraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cen-Tex
Hunt In: Out West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
The current laws give the biological parent/s another option to deal with the choices that they have made, agree? Like I said, I don’t agree with abortion, but I also don’t believe that it should be totally illegal. I’m not participating in it or encouraging folks to get them, so that part is kinda shot.

The fact that there are thousands & thousands of children in foster care just proves that there a lot of people out there full of hot air. That’s the hypocritical part (to me). People want to complain about all types of things, but are unwilling to take any meaningful action to prevent/help them. People have really forgotten that actions speak louder than words in the social media age.

What’s your solution to the problem? What actions are you taking besides calling someone else’s opinion “skewed” on the internet?
Its not our job to "help" or to "take meaningful action to prevent/help" irresponsible people who go out and make a baby, and then choose to kill it rather than to take responsibility for their actions. When a woman spreads her legs, its her responsibility for what comes afterwards. You keep saying you are a hypocrite if you don't "help" solve the problem. What do you want people to do, go buy cases of condoms and birth control pills and hand them out? Maybe go out and stand on a street corner in New York City and beg people to practice safe sex so they don't get pregnant with an unwanted child? I know what you are going to say, you're going to say that you are talking about adopting all of the "unwanted" children born to these lazy, irresponsible people. I really don't even know how to respond to that its so illogical. Correct me if I am wrong, but I read what you are saying to mean, go ahead and kill the unborn because no one will adopt them anyway. I get it, you don't necessarily agree with abortion which is great. But to essentially condone killing babies because there aren't enough adoptive parents to take the unwanted children, just doesn't make any sense.
rockyraider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2019, 04:30 PM   #147
Dirtymike
Pope & Young
 
Dirtymike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Hunt In: granger, victoria
Default

Maybe change law to sterilization
Dirtymike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2019, 05:00 PM   #148
-HIC-
Ten Point
 
-HIC-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Willow City & Junction
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
The current laws give the biological parent/s another option to deal with the choices that they have made, agree? Like I said, I donít agree with abortion, but I also donít believe that it should be totally illegal. Iím not participating in it or encouraging folks to get them, so that part is kinda shot.

The fact that there are thousands & thousands of children in foster care just proves that there a lot of people out there full of hot air. Thatís the hypocritical part (to me). People want to complain about all types of things, but are unwilling to take any meaningful action to prevent/help them. People have really forgotten that actions speak louder than words in the social media age.

Whatís your solution to the problem? What actions are you taking besides calling someone elseís opinion ďskewedĒ on the internet?
I laid out why I believe your opinion is skewed.

Boiled down from your posts:
You- If you are pro-life and do not adopt = Hypocrite

The point you are not getting is that I do not have to do anything to challenge your premise. I take responsibility for my choices and things I can control. Challenging me, or anyone, to lay out a detailed plain to curb the sexual practices of others is ridiculous.
-HIC- is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2019, 05:48 PM   #149
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri
Default

We need to do late term abortions on the politicians and supporters of these laws. Eliminate them from the gene pool.

Gary
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2019, 05:56 PM   #150
donpablo
Ten Point
 
donpablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Odessa
Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
The current laws give the biological parent/s another option to deal with the choices that they have made, agree? Like I said, I donít agree with abortion, but I also donít believe that it should be totally illegal. Iím not participating in it or encouraging folks to get them, so that part is kinda shot.

The fact that there are thousands & thousands of children in foster care just proves that there a lot of people out there full of hot air. Thatís the hypocritical part (to me). People want to complain about all types of things, but are unwilling to take any meaningful action to prevent/help them. People have really forgotten that actions speak louder than words in the social media age.

Whatís your solution to the problem? What actions are you taking besides calling someone elseís opinion ďskewedĒ on the internet?
The reason you can't find common ground on which to argue is because you both see a fetus differently. You see it as a pre-person and he sees it as a person. If they changed the law to allow abortion for fetuses and children up to 5 years old, would you still be a hypocrite to disagree with said law due to your inability/unwillingness to adopt? If you see a fetus as a person, then it's not hypocritical to want to outlaw the murder of that person, regardless of whether or not you're willing to take responsibility for the person you're trying to save.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com