Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-27-2018, 09:02 PM   #51
WTucker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Votaw, Anywhere else I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshman View Post
I'm interested on the drive time from Orange as well.
The lease that AC posted is in Votaw. It will take you a little less than 1.5 hrs to get there. I talked to him earlier this year about it, I passed on it because I found one by my house. I think I made a mistake. Lol.
WTucker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2018, 09:06 PM   #52
HighwayHunter
Ten Point

ACís place is in high demand it seems. AC Iíve got a firm handshake and a case of beer for an open spot on top of the cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HighwayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2018, 09:32 PM   #53
Beargrasstx
Eight Point

Hunt In: Leon County, Robertson County, and Limestone County....Montana-Colorado

Looking for a river bottom lease near Palestine/Oakwood area.
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2018, 09:40 PM   #54
marshman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jasper & Orange County in TX, Carroll County in MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTucker View Post
The lease that AC posted is in Votaw. It will take you a little less than 1.5 hrs to get there. I talked to him earlier this year about it, I passed on it because I found one by my house. I think I made a mistake. Lol.
thanks
marshman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2018, 09:44 PM   #55
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Hunt In: 100% Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
I will not know if I have any openings until March. I have about 4,000 acres in Hardin and Polk. Membership is you, spouse, and children under 18. Allotment is 1 buck 13" or better, 1 unbranched antlered buck, and 2 doe. All the pigs, squirrels, dove, and any other legal animal you want to shoot. You are allowed two stands per membership. I have a limited amount of camp sites with water and electric. Also have a full bathroom with shower, sink, and toilet. Covered metal awning to hang out under and enjoy. Cost this year was $800. Unless the landowners raise it then it will stay the same. If you have Facebook you can visit Circle H Hunting Club and see a few pics from this season. The lease is gun and bow, but I give preference to TBH'ers.
That's a very interesting place, I had a place in Leggett last season and loved it. Too bad lease manager was a bit of a shady character or else I'd still be there. I'm very interested if you end up having an opening. Thanks!
arrowsmack324 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-27-2018, 10:43 PM   #56
txwhitetail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods101 View Post
North Texas Hunting Leases

4,500 Acres 20 Miles North of Snyder Texas
ē Whitetail, Quail, Turkey and some Aoudad
ē Lodging
ē $10/Acre
~18,000 Acres North of Throckmorton
ē Will Divide
ē Whitetail, quail, turkey, and hogs
ē 4 Houses with electricity
ē $12/acre

JB4 Outfitters
Crazy $$$
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #57
PL Hunter
Spike

Quote:
I will not know if I have any openings until March. I have about 4,000 acres in Hardin and Polk. Membership is you, spouse, and children under 18. Allotment is 1 buck 13" or better, 1 unbranched antlered buck, and 2 doe. All the pigs, squirrels, dove, and any other legal animal you want to shoot. You are allowed two stands per membership. I have a limited amount of camp sites with water and electric. Also have a full bathroom with shower, sink, and toilet. Covered metal awning to hang out under and enjoy. Cost this year was $800. Unless the landowners raise it then it will stay the same. If you have Facebook you can visit Circle H Hunting Club and see a few pics from this season. The lease is gun and bow, but I give preference to TBH'ers.

Interested in this as well. Let me know if you end up with some openings. Thanks
PL Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2018, 09:55 AM   #58
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

Ttt

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2019, 06:05 PM   #59
CletusBodeen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: On da couch

Quote:
Please keep me in mind if you have any openings. Thanks
CletusBodeen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 01:46 AM   #60
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

Kimble county lease. Pretty sure this has some older couples on it that don’t like bowhunting or young people. Maybe not. Phone number looks familiar to me is all.

https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwi...ls.php?id=1090
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 04:47 AM   #61
JimGates
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bertram, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
Kimble county lease. Pretty sure this has some older couples on it that donít like bowhunting or young people. Maybe not. Phone number looks familiar to me is all.

Think they are awake???
JimGates is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 06:19 AM   #62
WhiskeyTango
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard & Junction

Following! Looking for at least 2 spots for 2019 and beyonddddd
WhiskeyTango is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 06:23 AM   #63
WhiskeyTango
Ten Point

Lease ID: 1088
Date Listed: 2018-12-21
Owner's User ID: EstrellaProp
Ranch name: Estrella Ranch
County: Uvalde
Acres: 788
Hunters: 4
Cost: $2463 per hunter.
Lease Type: year-round
Means allowed: rifle, black powder, archery
Game available: deer, turkey, feral hogs, exotics
Property description: Located approximately 1.5 hours northwest of San Antonio between Concan and Utopia. Estrella Ranch has 788 acres of rugged mountains & deep scenic valleys. Seasonal Blanco Creek flows through the south-western portion of the ranch, & there are two small year-round springs. There is a water well equipped with a submersible pump. Hunting blinds, deer feeders, protein feeders are provided. Open for a total of four outdoorsmen, i.e. a Total for the ranch/not part of a “club”. $9850 total for Ranch. Whitetail, Turkey, hogs, Aoudad only. Annual lease. Looking for a family group, or a group of friends/will not lease out to different members. Looking for a long-term association. The ranch is part of a larger conservation easement to the city of San Antonio that totals approximately 15,000 acres.
Lease description: (Contact: Bob Hixon - newriverex@AOL.com) Located approximately 1.5 hours northwest of San Antonio between Concan and Utopia. Estrella Ranch has 788 acres of rugged mountains & deep scenic valleys. Seasonal Blanco Creek flows through the south-western portion of the ranch, & there are two small year-round springs. There is a water well equipped with a submersible pump. Hunting blinds, deer feeders, protein feeders are provided. Open for a total of four outdoorsmen, i.e. a Total for the ranch/not part of a “club”. Price is total. Looking for a family group, or a group of friends/will not lease out to different members. Looking for a long-term association. The ranch is part of a larger conservation easement to the city of San Antonio that totals approximately 15,000 acres. Please send your email address to me for more information. Bob Hixon Newriverex@AOL.com

https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwi...ls.php?id=1088
Old 01-02-2019, 08:35 AM   #64
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie, Kimble

Quote:
Kimble county lease. Pretty sure this has some older couples on it that donít like bowhunting or young people. Maybe not. Phone number looks familiar to me is all.

I was on this lease 3 years ago. No bow hunting, no kids, no campfires, has 2 openings every season(someone is getting kicked so he can show the place all summer) lease managers nickname is thong master, he will only accept hunters that bring their wife, no exotics, great landowner.

Backwoods101 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #65
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGates View Post
Think they are awake???
Maybe. Call em. Prob about the time they get up for coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods101 View Post
I was on this lease 3 years ago. No bow hunting, no kids, no campfires, has 2 openings every season(someone is getting kicked so he can show the place all summer) lease managers nickname is thong master, he will only accept hunters that bring their wife, no exotics, great landowner.

Ahhh. I knew someone was on this place. It does have openings every year
Old 01-02-2019, 09:53 AM   #66
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie, Kimble

Quote:
Maybe. Call em. Prob about the time they get up for coffee

Ahhh. I knew someone was on this place. It does have openings every year

He had a Craigslist war with a guy calling him out. It was pretty entertaining lol.

Backwoods101 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 09:55 AM   #67
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Lease ID: 1088
Date Listed: 2018-12-21
Owner's User ID: EstrellaProp
Ranch name: Estrella Ranch
County: Uvalde
Acres: 788
Hunters: 4
Cost: $2463 per hunter.
Lease Type: year-round
Means allowed: rifle, black powder, archery
Game available: deer, turkey, feral hogs, exotics
Property description: Located approximately 1.5 hours northwest of San Antonio between Concan and Utopia. Estrella Ranch has 788 acres of rugged mountains & deep scenic valleys. Seasonal Blanco Creek flows through the south-western portion of the ranch, & there are two small year-round springs. There is a water well equipped with a submersible pump. Hunting blinds, deer feeders, protein feeders are provided. Open for a total of four outdoorsmen, i.e. a Total for the ranch/not part of a ďclubĒ. $9850 total for Ranch. Whitetail, Turkey, hogs, Aoudad only. Annual lease. Looking for a family group, or a group of friends/will not lease out to different members. Looking for a long-term association. The ranch is part of a larger conservation easement to the city of San Antonio that totals approximately 15,000 acres.
Lease description: (Contact: Bob Hixon - newriverex@AOL.com) Located approximately 1.5 hours northwest of San Antonio between Concan and Utopia. Estrella Ranch has 788 acres of rugged mountains & deep scenic valleys. Seasonal Blanco Creek flows through the south-western portion of the ranch, & there are two small year-round springs. There is a water well equipped with a submersible pump. Hunting blinds, deer feeders, protein feeders are provided. Open for a total of four outdoorsmen, i.e. a Total for the ranch/not part of a ďclubĒ. Price is total. Looking for a family group, or a group of friends/will not lease out to different members. Looking for a long-term association. The ranch is part of a larger conservation easement to the city of San Antonio that totals approximately 15,000 acres. Please send your email address to me for more information. Bob Hixon Newriverex@AOL.com

https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwi...ls.php?id=1088
I called the guy on this one. Waiting to to get some more info. Not too far from my doorstep so that would be great for me.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:16 AM   #68
dxjohnb
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Texas

I am looking for a place within 2 hours of Waco, but cannot find anything on the tpwd site that is yearly/seasonal, and in my price range. Any other site that may have a lead?
dxjohnb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 10:41 AM   #69
WhiskeyTango
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxjohnb View Post
I am looking for a place within 2 hours of Waco, but cannot find anything on the tpwd site that is yearly/seasonal, and in my price range. Any other site that may have a lead?
Deertexas.com?
Old 01-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #70
CletusBodeen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: On da couch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxjohnb View Post
Keep me in mind if you find something and Iíll do the same for you.
CletusBodeen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 10:56 AM   #71
dxjohnb
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusBodeen View Post
Keep me in mind if you find something and Iíll do the same for you.
Will do!

Quote:
Deertexas.com?
Thanks! will check that out
dxjohnb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 11:04 AM   #72
Txhuntr2
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney County

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/sp...782747438.html

Oklahoma
Txhuntr2 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #73
Txhuntr2
Ten Point

https://bigbend.craigslist.org/wan/d...762990702.html

11,000ac Sanderson
Old 01-02-2019, 11:17 AM   #74
Txhuntr2
Ten Point

Quote:
Sent you a PM
Old 01-02-2019, 11:36 AM   #75
JGadbury
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Currently Looking

Quote:
I am definitely interested in this lease. I have a buddy who is currently on it and he isn't sure if he is staying just due to lack of time to hunt. I went on the website and filled out the appliction.
JGadbury is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 11:40 AM   #76
HighwayHunter
Ten Point

Also filled out an app for antlercollectors place. Anyone have a deertexas.com account? There are several leases on there Iíd post on here but you canít access the contact info unless you have a paid membership.

HighwayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 11:49 AM   #77
jeffpg
Ten Point

Hunt In: All of USA & Africa

Quote:

This one is a complete dead end unless you live in Austin. I spoke with the guy and that's his strange requirement.
jeffpg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #78
bulltx50
Ten Point

Hunt In: baylor,knox, McCulloch counties

Kimble county lease. Pretty sure this has some older couples on it that don’t like bowhunting or young people. Maybe not. Phone number looks familiar to me is all.

Stay away from this fool. Best word I could use without having to be censored. He is more then just strange.
bulltx50 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #79
Deadfall65
Six Point

Hunt In: Iím looking
Default 2019 Available Lease Thread- Post them here

Staying tuned in.

Last edited by Deadfall65; 01-02-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Deadfall65 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2019, 11:32 PM   #80
BigDraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas & Colorado

I am looking as well, would like to stay within 3 hours of DFW. I am used to a bow only, but I think I would like a gun option. I believe that I am a responsible, management minded hunter, I try to be helpful and courteous to others without the drama. I do like a sip of scotch after the hunt. I would also appreciate the opportunity to bring my young daughter. Thanks for your consideration.
Bert
BigDraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-03-2019, 11:41 PM   #81
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Archer county lease available. 3 spots open on 3200 acres.

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/...00#Post7393538
Old 01-04-2019, 03:13 PM   #82
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Harper Tx

https://houston.craigslist.org/grd/d...784580461.html
""Looking for 5 guns to join our group of 3. $3100 each. Great cabin sleeps 12, power, water & satellite tv. It covers lease, cabin & protein. 140 to 160 class. Each hunter gets 2 bucks and 6 does. ""

contact name:
Danny
call or text:
☎ (214) 499-3062
reply by email:
s6vbv-6784580461@sale.craigslist.org
Old 01-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #83
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Lake Somerville area

https://houston.craigslist.org/spo/d...784375022.html
Need 2 hunters for deer lease. Looking for management minded Year round feeding. Camp site Willing to work keeping up place. Mowing trimming etc. money due feb 1st. Call james 832-435-7733. Or e mail. Jamesdlong@sbcglobal.net
Old 01-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #84
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam

Quote:
Harper Tx

https://houston.craigslist.org/grd/d...784580461.html
""Looking for 5 guns to join our group of 3. $3100 each. Great cabin sleeps 12, power, water & satellite tv. It covers lease, cabin & protein. 140 to 160 class. Each hunter gets 2 bucks and 6 does. ""

contact name:
Danny
call or text:
☎ (214) 499-3062
reply by email:
s6vbv-6784580461@sale.craigslist.org
And people say we stack too many people on ETX leases.....88 acres/person
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2019, 03:31 PM   #85
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgHntr10 View Post
And people say we stack too many people on ETX leases.....88 acres/person
Yea I know. Just read an add for 3 guys on 20 acres. $3k each
Old 01-04-2019, 03:37 PM   #86
SneakyPhil
Ten Point

Hunt In: LANWR

SneakyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-05-2019, 09:52 AM   #87
Mauler
Spike

Iím pretty new to leasing

Which is to say that I have never had a deer lease formally.

Iím curious if there are any tips on things you do to vett the legitimacy of a lease. Questions you ask etc.
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-05-2019, 10:02 AM   #88
stevieray54
Ten Point

Hunt In: Alvin/Danbury Brazoria Co.

shot in the Dark..Any water fowl lease's around Houston 100 miles give or take
stevieray54 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-05-2019, 10:55 AM   #89
Mauler
Spike

Quote:
I called the guy on this one. Waiting to to get some more info. Not too far from my doorstep so that would be great for me.
What did you think of the terms?
Old 01-06-2019, 12:56 AM   #90
WhiskeyTango
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler View Post
They don't seem bad.

The Owner and his guests may only hunt wild hog, but not during regular hunting season. Landowner will notify of any pending hog hunts.
No varmit hunting/killing.
Cant kill coons, squirrels, etc.
Must have insurance.
Must pay the TPWD fee $140yr (split x4)
10% deposit that you get back whenever you decide to get off
2 buck 1 doe per member
Can't bring would into camp, can't bring wood out of camp(home), if you need to cut a limb, tree, etc for lanes must have permission first.
Also,
You gotta keep up with maintenance on his equipment/blinds/etc so that he can go hunting

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by WhiskeyTango; 01-06-2019 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:59 AM   #91
WhiskeyTango
Ten Point

Quote:
You called him? How'd you get his number?

Seems like email is the only communication until he decides who to lease it too.

I have the big email now.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:01 AM   #92
Mauler
Spike

Quote:
They don't seem bad.

The Owner and his guests may only hunt wild hog, but not during regular hunting season. Landowner will notify of any pending hog hunts.
No varmit hunting/killing.
Cant kill coons, squirrels, etc.
Must have insurance.
Must pay the TPWD fee $140yr (split x4)
10% deposit that you get back whenever you decide to get off
2 buck 1 doe per member
Can't bring would into camp, can't bring wood out of camp(home), if you need to cut a limb, tree, etc for lanes must have permission first.
Also,
You gotta keep up with maintenance on his equipment/blinds/etc so that he can go hunting

What do you think of the buck limitations?

5 1/2 year old trophy and one spike / true cull
Old 01-06-2019, 02:13 AM   #93
Tbuddyandroby
Eight Point

Hunt In: Votaw

Quote:
AC, Please keep me in mind if you have an opening come up!
Tbuddyandroby is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-06-2019, 02:27 AM   #94
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
Havenít gotten any info on it. All he told me was it will be shown in February and then a group will be picked.

Quote:
You called him? How'd you get his number?

Seems like email is the only communication until he decides who to lease it too.

I have the big email now.

He texted me his number after I emailed him.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:04 AM   #95
WildMatt84
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lease less

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray54 View Post
shot in the Dark..Any water fowl lease's around Houston 100 miles give or take
Check out muddy rice outfitters. Not sure if they have spots open, but they are a great group of guys
WildMatt84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #96
patwilson
Six Point

Hunt In: Edna

Iím looking also. Jackson Co. Around about area. Me and my two daughters.
patwilson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-06-2019, 11:38 AM   #97
Mauler
Spike

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild...ase-list.phtml

Has anyone ever seen this particular lease list on TPWD?

Curious how this works
Old 01-06-2019, 11:48 AM   #98
BradBryant1000
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason, TX

Quote:
https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild...ase-list.phtml

Has anyone ever seen this particular lease list on TPWD?

Curious how this works
I've never saw that list before either. Curious as well about how it works.

I assume that the people listed are willing to sell their permit(s) and allow people to hunt on their place but I have no idea.
BradBryant1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-06-2019, 04:36 PM   #99
WhiskeyTango
Ten Point

Quote:
What do you think of the buck limitations?

5 1/2 year old trophy and one spike / true cull
Not a fan too much of the 1 doe

Old 01-06-2019, 04:44 PM   #100
HR3
Ten Point

Hunt In: AR,LA,MS,AL,TX,IN....

Following...Ö Avid Beagler's have tasked me with finding a lease or sub-lease to hunt on in North Texas or East Texas... will hunt once deer season is over
HR3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top