Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi y'all,
    I spent a few days in the rain, only stepped on a copperhead. Did see a lot of sign both of deer and pigs. Spent most of the time trying not to run up on others, seemed pretty crowded.

Comment

Yep I won't go on the weekend
      Originally posted by Chaps812 View Post
      Hi y'all,
      I spent a few days in the rain, only stepped on a copperhead. Did see a lot of sign both of deer and pigs. Spent most of the time trying not to run up on others, seemed pretty crowded.
      Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can we bow hunt youth weekend

Comment

Yes

Comment

It is archery only allow the time for deer.

Comment

Thanks for the update

Comment

Give yall all a friendly heads up

Theres 2 clowns from
                BCS wondering around the public lands sitting in other peoples stands. So if you have stands out there like some do.. you may want to remove them. These guys hold no respect for others hunters or their property. They drive a beat up a spray painted white station wagon look alike. Cant miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably the same 2 clowns that were sitting in the middle of a field one morning. They looked like 2 orange popsicles. Did they really think they would see anything sitting out in the open? I wish people would leave others stuff alone, if you see someone is hunting an area leave it be, find your own area, theres plenty of land.

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
                      Rag weed is not as tall lol. And very dry

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
                      You must be going to a different Somerville than me, lol!

Anyone have any luck yet?

Comment

I drove over to Somerville this morning to get an eye on what is there. I don't want to walk up on anyone's setup so I figured to wait until after season to walk the land. Just curious about a couple of spots I saw on the way that were day use areas with a fee. Am I to understand these are not part of the hunting area? And I saw at least one road that appeared to be access for the pump workers but did not drive in as I wasn't sure it was for public access. Can somebody help a "rookie" out? Rookie to the green screen not in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar69 View Post
                          I drove over to Somerville this morning to get an eye on what is there. I don't want to walk up on anyone's setup so I figured to wait until after season to walk the land. Just curious about a couple of spots I saw on the way that were day use areas with a fee. Am I to understand these are not part of the hunting area? And I saw at least one road that appeared to be access for the pump workers but did not drive in as I wasn't sure it was for public access. Can somebody help a "rookie" out? Rookie to the green screen not in the woods.
                          Nothing that is marked as day use it legal to hunt. I would be careful of driving on any pump roads either. Some you can go down a bit, some you can't. Need to make sure you are not on private property.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                            Nothing that is marked as day use it legal to hunt. I would be careful of driving on any pump roads either. Some you can go down a bit, some you can't. Need to make sure you are not on private property.
                            Thank you kind sir.......that is the train of thought I used today.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
                              Probably the same 2 clowns that were sitting in the middle of a field one morning. They looked like 2 orange popsicles. Did they really think they would see anything sitting out in the open? I wish people would leave others stuff alone, if you see someone is hunting an area leave it be, find your own area, theres plenty of land.

Probably. These guys are a “spot n stalk” until they stalk up on your stand. Then it becomes theirs...so they think. Lol

Age holds no ground to arse whoopins. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't hunted on public land, I am a young and experienced rifle hunter, and getting into bow hunting and Somerville looks good what's the best do's and don't of this place and how do I get started going here and have yall seen great activity while scouting here on some big bucks or hogs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X