Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-07-2017, 09:00 PM   #1
CrookedArrow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tamplias Chiwawa, Mejico
Default Serious accident while hunting

As always I'm listening to Meat Eater podcast. Curious what if any life threatning injury or serious injury you may have sustained while hunting.

Fortunate for me mine have been minor cuts, falls etc. I want hear your expierence you may have had in the field.
CrookedArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 09:07 PM   #2
RiverRat00
Pope & Young

Where can I listen to that pod cast?
RiverRat00 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #3
CrookedArrow
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat00 View Post
Where can I listen to that pod cast?
I use Castbox
Old 12-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #4
RiverRat00
Pope & Young

Is than an app?
Old 12-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #5
hogdoggintexas
Six Point

Hunt In: Texas

I cut the top of my thumb off while hanging a stand a few weeks ago. Also had a boar hog stick me in the leg a few years ago.
hogdoggintexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #6
Kingfisher789
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood

What is "meat eater" podcast? I'm old but I'm slow.
Kingfisher789 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #7
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

I ran out of propane for my blind heater...
Drycreek3189 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #8
CrookedArrow
Ten Point

Quote:
Is than an app?
Yes sir
Old 12-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #9
CrookedArrow
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdoggintexas View Post
I cut the top of my thumb off while hanging a stand a few weeks ago. Also had a boar hog stick me in the leg a few years ago.
Damm
Old 12-07-2017, 09:23 PM   #10
RiverRat00
Pope & Young

Nevermind , found the app but can't find meat eater

Found it.. Thanks
Old 12-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #11
quackerback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: down the road

My uncle was sitting in an old stand. He leaned back in the chair and it broke. He fell about 10-12 ft. Broke a bone in his back. Was lucky he fell between 2 tposts. Could have been a lot worse.
quackerback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #12
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Huntless

I have broke my collar bone in an atv accident while hunting
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 09:27 PM   #13
Sika
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country and East TX

Nothing life threatening. Last year, the day after Christmas I believe, I was tracking a deer for some folks at night near San Saba. I hopped over a cross fence, landed on a rock and rolled my ankle. I sprained it so bad it still bothers me from time to time.
Sika is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 09:32 PM   #14
bowhuntntxn
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
I have broke my collar bone in an atv accident while hunting
While at a hunting location does not necessarily mean the same thing as while hunting sir.
bowhuntntxn is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 09:45 PM   #15
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Huntless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
While at a hunting location does not necessarily mean the same thing as while hunting sir.
Lol
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 09:51 PM   #16
bowhuntntxn
Pope & Young

I did have a foot rest from a ladder stand fall out while setting it up. Hit me on top of the head and split my scalp pretty wide open. I had to drive from east of Mt. Pleasant to north of Dallas holding a cold wet towel on my head with one hand. Luckily it didn't knock me out but I'm sure I got some sort of concussion.

And now I have a scar that barbers always ask me how I got.
bowhuntntxn is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #17
bossbowman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bosque Cameron Grayson Hill McLennan Navarro Randall Val Verde Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
What is "meat eater" podcast? I'm old but I'm slow.
Steve Rinella's podcasts, some very interesting discussions, first one I listened to was the one about chronic wasting disease, very informative...

http://www.themeateater.com/podcasts/
bossbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:15 PM   #18
trophyhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brown & Menard Counties and the rest of the World!

One of two......

Labor Day weekend....September 2016, I was standing in the middle of a dove field under a center pivot irrigation system. A storm starting to roll in north of us. We were monitoring the storm on our phones. The storm appeared to be several miles north and we were still well south of the rainfall. I began to move away from the center pivot as a precaution and moved my shotgun away from my shoulder. Just as I cleared the terminal end of the pivot, lightning struck it. The current arced from the terminal end...across the ground.....and straight up my shotgun. I was nearly knocked to the ground and completely in shock. A trip to the ER......and a follow up with a Cardiologist....I was billed extremely lucky. My blood pressure was through the roof after that little event! I later learned that the lightning literally destroyed all of the wiring in the pivot.

Major life lesson learned. When it rains now......I run!
trophyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #19
Reelthreat
Eight Point

Almost died a couple of years ago. Opening morning it was pretty cool, climbed up my tree stand and flipped the seat up and about 100 wasps came flying straight toward my face. Being cool they were bundled up but were warm enough to fly.

I jumped down 12' and almost impaled myself on a 2" sapling cut at an angle. It stood about 3' high. Another foot forward and I would have been screwed. My buddy cut it a couple days before because it grew up in the off season and I didn't notice the danger until it was almost too late. Didn't hunt that day, went straight to the truck and got a saw to cut it off at ground level.
Reelthreat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:20 PM   #20
Arrowslinger1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rotan tx, Coleman ok

I pulled a tree limb off a mesquite tree one time. It snapped at the right moment and I fell face and neck into a mess of cactus. I murdered about 8 beers in 5 minutes after that. My buddy laughed till he had tears coming out his eyes as he plucked every cactus needle out of me. I still don’t see what was so funny! Haha
Arrowslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #21
Mike Murphey
Pope & Young

I stuck a broad tipped arrow through my hand several years ago. Required around 30 stitches inside and outside of my hand
Mike Murphey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:30 PM   #22
Gherkin05
Ten Point

Hunt In: NM,CO,TX

Tore a groin muscle when I rolled a 4-wheeler guiding elk in CO. The rest of that season was ROUGH.
Gherkin05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:32 PM   #23
kingranch
Ten Point

Driving a tpost and was on one of last ones very tired and the driver slipped up and off the post as I was in hammering motion I forcefully pulled it down and missed the post- the weight pulled my face within a half inch of the sharp post..could have lost an eye
Im very careful now...

Another had my cousin driving 4 wheeler he jumped a small burm and lost control. .kawasaki 700 rolled over top of me I felt crunches all over.. couldn't breathe. . Managed to get up and walk back to camp..cut up and bruised but thank God ok..
Atv was totaled
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:40 PM   #24
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

I was climbing down off a 16 tripod at night after pig hunting last year...I had driven a t-post in the ground next to one of the legs and wired them together for added stability...anyway, I lost my footing and dropped straight down to the ground barely missing the t-post. It caught my jacket but luckily not me! That thing coulda went straight up my butt! Thankfully I only fell about 6 feet off the ground.

Skinny

Last edited by Skinny; 12-07-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:40 PM   #25
WBA2000
Ten Point

Hunt In: Atascosa and anywhere else I can.

Hand fed a wild hog once! Got bit taking hogs out of trap.

Last edited by WBA2000; 12-07-2017 at 10:43 PM.
WBA2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:47 PM   #26
Still Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tex, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico

Lots of crazy close calls but nothing bad ... yet
Still Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:52 PM   #27
cuttingedge
Ten Point

Hunt In: hardly at all here

About 25 years ago while climbing down after a hunt my bottom half of my stand gave while I was holding the top half away from the tree to get another bite on it. The bottom went to the ground. I fell about 5 feet holding the top half, and it caught the tree and I was shucked through and went straight to the ground, about 23 feet. I was hunting alone, down a ravine and it was dusk. After I realized I wasn't dead, I checked my bow for damage and decided I'd better shag it before I started hurting. When I went through the top half, I fractured 3 ribs and chipped my elbow.

I can tell you from experience, when people fall in the movies and yell on the way down is BS. You hit the ground before you can open your mouth.

I consider myself extremely lucky. I have some back problems now and I always wonder if that fall was the start of them.
cuttingedge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:52 PM   #28
wes122984
Ten Point

Hunt In: Atoka County OK

Many years ago before everyone had cell phones and we all carried walkie talkies at the lease, I had a bad 4 wheeler accident. We all drove out for the evening hunt and I was going to sit in this blind on a cross fence that had a wasp problem. I took a can of spray and drove up under the blind to spray some nest. I left it running and it was in reverse. I leaned forward i guess and my leg hit the throttle. 4 wheeler had the front wheels turned and before i could get hold of it it flipped me over and pinned me between the barbwire fence and the ground.
It was opening day of rifle. I broke my left arm. I radio for help for like 3-4 hours with no response. Somehow muster up enough strength to lift it off me and ride back to camp with one arm. I get there and see dad has already made it back and I immediately lay into him about not answering the radio. He turned it off to avoid spooking any deer.

This was my very first year to have a lease and really start deer hunting, I was not about to leave on opening weekend. Made a camp stint that allowed me to somewhat brace my rifle up and went back to hunting. Went to hospital first thing Monday.
wes122984 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #29
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

I nearly pooped myself one hunt. Had the worse BGs ever and couldn’t make it in.

Really wasn’t hunting but pulling a small pig out of a trap. Was tying him up and it bit the end of my left index finger off. Was bit from behind the entire finger nail. Had to go to the hospital to have sewed back on. Finger is about 1/8” shorter than the other index.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:58 PM   #30
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

A few years ago I was in Idaho with my dad. We were setting up camp in the bitterroot, and I was two uprights short for my wall tent. Wasn’t much of an issue, as I could easily cut the right length of pine and knock off all the branches for a make do upright.

I had a RAZOR sharp small axe that I was using. I had just marked my cut with my axe, and was holding my hand within 6” of the spot to be cut. I was barely bringing the axe about 6-8” straight up, then immediately down to make the cut, so I wasn’t in any danger of hitting myself. Or so I thought. My dad walked by at the perfect moment, and bumped the branch I was cutting. It shifted everything 6” forward, including my hand. I took about 1/2” off the tip of my thumb. I was bleeding like a lung shot buck.

Me being the stubborn guy that I am refused medical treatment. Got out the first aid kit and made some mighty fine clean up of the situation. Tried that 4 times throughout the day, and couldn’t get the bleeding to stop for anything. Before bed I cleaned it up once last time and dressed it. Slept with my hand elevated to try and get the bleeding to stop on it’s own. Woke up in a puddle of blood. Decided we’d make the 3 1/2 hour trip into Missoula, Montana for the Dr, as that was the closest hospital. Got to the hospital and the dr looked at it, then dressed and cleaned it exactly as I had. He tried to send me on my way, but I stuck around 5 minutes just to show him that wasn’t going to do the trick. Sure enough 5 minutes later the new bandage looked like a massive red tomato on the tip of my thumb. He undressed it, Coterized it, and sent me on way. Not a single part of the whole thing hurt until the nurse stuck me with the anesthesia. That hurt 10x worse than any of it.
TX03RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:59 PM   #31
BigDraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas & Colorado

When I was a kid, my job was to sharpen the filet knives after cleaning a mess of kingfish. I did such a great job, as I went to put it in the sheath, it went through it like butter, also went into the base of my thumb and out again at the base out the thumbnail. Never felt it till I saw it and then freaked out. Oh wait, that’s not a hunting story. Never mind
BigDraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 11:05 PM   #32
Radar
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pandora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
I ran out of propane for my blind heater...
Lol
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 11:06 PM   #33
mr. buck
Six Point

two concussions in one year. first one was in a hurry to get to the blind, had hush hide on and the seats of polaris had just been armouralled. turn sharp corner going about 20 mph and huge bull right in front of me. cut hard and threw myself out the passengers side, landed on my rifle and busted it in multiple pieces. bolt broke a rib and i was out cold for a period of time. came to and bull was about a foot from my face breathing on me...

fast forward to closing weekend, hopped out of the high rack on back of jeep and catch the hammer loop of my pants on the little steps that are basically like steps you screw into a tree. immediately flips me upside down and right when im pointing 180 degrees in the wrong direction, hammer loops rips off and drops me on the back of my head/neck. out cold again. just lucky that my head wasn't pointing straight down on that occasion or that one couldve been really ugly.
mr. buck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 12:11 AM   #34
gametracker
Six Point

Hunt In: Jayton & Marble Falls, Tx

Recently took a #7 shot pellet to the temple. Had to have it taken out at the hospital because it was embedded to deep.
gametracker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 06:59 AM   #35
Phillip Fields
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NC,TX, and anywhere else I can

2012, I was on a horseback elk hunt in the San Juans in Colorado. Second morning of the hunt we were riding in before daylight. Something spooked my horse and he started bucking. I lasted about 4 jumps and went over his head. I landed about 10 feet below the trail, flat on my back. It didn't help that I was wearing a backpack. The guide helped me get back on my horse and I hunted the rest of the day.

Next morning I had to be helped out of my cot. I decided to stay in camp, and as the morning wore on the pain got worse, the Tylenol wasn't helping. Since my buddy had killed an elk the first day and the outfitter was going to pack it out, we decided to cut our hunt short. I won't say that the 14 mile ride out over rough mountain trails was fun, but I survived it. That wasn't the first time I've been thrown by a horse, but at 66 yrs old I didn't bounce as good as I used to.
Phillip Fields is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 07:32 AM   #36
Thumper
Pope & Young

I've been very lucky hunting, no injuries, hope my luck holds.

Came close one evening sitting on a 5gal bucket. Hunting along the St Charles Bay shore line I kept hearing a crab boat checking his crab traps. Went off and on for 15 min then realized he only checked crab trap when I moved my feet. A 3ft rattle snake was coiled up inside my brush blind. My hearing is not as good as it use to be..smh
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 09:26 AM   #37
White Falcon
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Tx. and Anywhere I can!

Had a tri pod sink in the ground and fell. On my .44 mag in a shoulder rig. Broke 3 ribs.
White Falcon is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 09:28 AM   #38
salth2o
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Delta County and anywhere else I can.

Quote:
Nevermind , found the app but can't find meat eater

Found it.. Thanks

I've been lucky. Rinella's podcast is great.

Last edited by salth2o; 12-08-2017 at 09:34 AM.
salth2o is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #39
Tony Pic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Picarosas North and South, Kerrville, Mountain Home and Harper

Hunting a antler restriction area in NYS. Falling in and out of sleep. Open eyes...see buck. Looks legal, I cock hammer on 30/30. Buck turns, no 3rd point on left side. Pull rifle back into blind. Forget to decock hammer. Fall back asleep with cocked rifle in my lap. Open eyes later...see deer. Go to raise rifle and BOOM! gun goes off in blind. Discharge was in a safe direction, but sheesh. I was lucky. My hearing still ain't right since.
Tony Pic is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 09:44 AM   #40
CrookedArrow
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by salth2o View Post
I've been lucky. Rinella's podcast is great.
agree on the Meat Eater podcast. I listen to him every night. Cool stories, expierences, knowledge etc that he passes on. My favorite pod.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #41
CrookedArrow
Ten Point

Dang. Seems like a majority are spills from tripods, trees watch out, please
Old 12-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #42
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson

Didn't happen to me but my uncle a couple seasons ago. Walking up an incline he tripped on a rock. Fell and hit his head. Unfortunately he passed away. Neighbors found him while driving the fenceline. It was opening wknd of rifle season.
Antlers86 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 10:02 AM   #43
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson

Scary story! Back in the early 90s my dad set me up in a tripod and he went over 50 yds in a ladder stand. He climbed up, chambered a bullet and sat down. Seconds later the gun went off and the bullet hit 5' above me on the tree directly behind me. If that tripod would have been any taller no telling what would have happened. Pointed in my direction why? Lesson learned that day for sure!
Antlers86 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 10:52 AM   #44
BigL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba, Burnet

was in a rifle stand on my property trying to get a quick weekday hunt in before I had to get on some conference calls. I was the owner and the only people who could hunt the property was me, my brother, and my dad. My dad had just built that stand so it had only been out there for less than 1 season. I was in my stand early one morning and was dozing off waiting on the sun to rise in about 45 min. The back door was only a 3/4 length door so had a little opening at top where you could reach in and unlatch the door. I had my head on the board behind me which was right next to that latch. About 20 min after I had gotten settled in and comfortable to wait on daylight, a hand wrapped around my throat from behind me. **** poacher was trying to slip in and hunt my stand. He was reaching in for the latch without looking or using a flashlight. Obviously he had been there before to know the general area that the latch was in. I jumped up, I'm almost 6'3" and my stand was 6'. Pretty much knocked myself out and fell down in the stand, knocked over my rifle, ribs across the arm of the chair slamming it into back wall, etc. Took me a few min before I could gather myself enough to stand up and confront the poacher. He could have easily ran off and I wouldn't have been able to chase. I was still woozy from the knocking myself silly and my ribs were hurting so I didn't want a fight with another guy who had a gun in the middle of nowhere so I walked him to where he entered the property. I was able to get a good look at his license plate and called GW as soon as he left. Told him the story and he took care of it.

Other than a headache, sore neck, and a few bruised ribs from it, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
BigL is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 12:57 PM   #45
Huntsman27
Six Point

Hunt In: Brownwood, TX

I haven't told this story in a long time - Sorry for the long read:

In 1996, on Halloween night, I was in Llano on a company dear lease with 3 other guys preparing for a company deer hunt. We were filling feeders cleaning out blinds, spraying wasps etc.

Two of the guys were driving an old 4x4 Suburban and I was driving a truck. The guys in the Suburban drove off the main road to go around a rough spot when the rear wheels dropped off into a deep but narrow wet weather creek causing the Suburban to high center the frame.
We decided we would use one of those hi-lift ranch jacks which had a piece of pipe welded into it for the handle to jack it up and place rocks and other debris under the rear tires to drive it out. After getting it jacked up and debris placed under the tires, I placed my left hand on the rear of the Suburban and my right hand on the jack handle and flipped the switch on the jack with my boot to lower it down. I guess my leather gloves on a metal pipe made for a slick combination because when I pushed the handle down my hand slipped completely from the jack and the weight of the Suburban flung the jack handle upward hitting me in the left jaw.

The handle left a nice gash on the left side of my chin and although I was not knocked to the ground I think I temporarily lost conciseness for a few seconds. I knew my jaw was broken because my mouth was open and the teeth on my left side were touching but the ones on my right were not. When I closed my mouth I could feel the row of lower teeth on the left move back into place so that the teeth on both sides of my mouth were now touching.

I went to the Llano ER, they took some x-rays and said they really didn’t see anything and would probably just stitch me up and send me home but wanted to get more x-rays first just to make sure. Immediately after the second x-rays the doctor came in and said he couldn’t believe they didn’t see the large spider fracture of my left mandible. They gave me two injections of Demerol and sent me to Austin to meet a maxillofacial surgeon at the ER.

I had surgery the next day and had a plate with three screws installed and had my mouth wired shut for 6 weeks. At week 12 I went in for an evaluation and I showed the surgeon how the row of left lower teeth would move together when I clenched my jaw. I had more x-rays, a second surgery to remove the plate and screws previously installed and had my mouth wired shut for 6 more weeks. At week 24 I was still not properly healed. More x-rays, 3rd surgery and a large plate that extends from the right side of my chin on around to the full length of my left mandible secured with 9 screws and my mouth wired shut for another 6 weeks. After the 3rd surgery I had to have 2 teeth pulled, 3 root canals and a bridge installed.

Now 21 years later I do not have much feeling on the left side of my chin. When asked about the scar that extends from the right side of my chin and around to my left jaw I tell people I was in knife fight defending a woman’s honor and please let me know if you ever see me with hot coffee or ice cream on my chin, I can’t feel it.
Huntsman27 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 09:43 PM   #46
DoubleGProstaff
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerrville

Not while hunting but driving to the stand flipped my Polaris and broke my friends leg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoubleGProstaff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2017, 07:36 AM   #47
CrookedArrow
Ten Point

Oh my first post I stated falls and cuts. Last night stalking corn senderos for pigs and no light for me.

Guess who busted his azzz again? Yep me. Some of you have been very lucky in the situations you were in.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:44 AM   #48
Razorback01
Pope & Young

Hunt In: where my Elite takes me!
Default Winner

[QUOTE=Huntsman27;12997661]I haven't told this story in a long time - Sorry for the long read:

In 1996, on Halloween night, I was in Llano on a company dear lease with 3 other guys preparing for a company deer hunt. We were filling feeders cleaning out blinds, spraying wasps etc.

As Bobby Bare would say- Makes you the winner. Nobody can top this one, that hurts just reading it.
Razorback01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2017, 07:52 AM   #49
PBUCKSHOT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Three Rivers, Tx

I almost got killed at deer camp by getting hit across the head repeatedly with a full propane tank 30+ yrs ago.

I was like 9 and accidently fired a shot out of my 223 while emptying the gun before taking it into the camp shack. My grandfather was getting the propane tanks off the truck at the time. Ended up only getting a slap across the head but it could of been ugly.
PBUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2017, 08:04 AM   #50
rebelbow
Ten Point

Hunt In: tx,ks,ok

A few years ago I was moving a ladder stand in Kansas by myself. got to the top and released the ratchet strap. 2 steps down the ladder twisted away from the tree and the ladder folded. I hit the ground feet first and left knee folded. torn patella tendon that took forever to heal.
also had a gator gar/hybrid remove a finger nail while bowfishing the trinity river
rebelbow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top