Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-12-2018, 08:08 AM   #6451
Neuse
Eight Point

I am totally lost on Bitcoin.

Why would Bitcoin be worth more than gold?
Has anyone made a purchase with Bitcoin, milk, bread?
Does it have any purchasing power?
How is the value determined? Supply and Demand?

I know, lots of questions.
Neuse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-12-2018, 08:20 AM   #6452
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Bitcoin is the base crypto currency. Some people believe Crypto's will be used for transactions that will take the place of banks, paper money, title companies, and everything like credit cards. So a real estate transaction for example could take seconds instead of weeks, be safer, and save thousands.

Trillions are spent each year on transactions and money moving. It's really a crazy amount when you step back and look. Almost everything now from little CC purchases, pay-pal, phone bill, anything you pay online has these fees. Stock market alone could be reinvented with blockchain to save hundreds of billions if not trillions in fees.

And yes you can buy plenty of things right now with bitcoin.

It will be really hard to get going though because EVERY world government politician gets rich off of their own FED printing money (in a round about way) Can't print more BTC.

It's basically a fairy tale world that stops inflation and makes things fair. So it will never happen but sounds great. If it does happen it would be regulated to death so the government can still make tons of money. Otherwise they go broke.

How did I do?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #6453
justletmein
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public lands

Yall ready for the ride up after all the tax dumps? I hope everybody stocked up on the sales prices.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-22-2018, 09:59 PM   #6454
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Hunt In: 74-72

Quote:
Originally Posted by justletmein View Post
Yall ready for the ride up after all the tax dumps? I hope everybody stocked up on the sales prices.
LoL
Chase This! is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-22-2018, 10:07 PM   #6455
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

[QUOTE=RiverRat1;13853506]Bitcoin is the base crypto currency. Some people believe Crypto's will be used for transactions that will take the place of banks, paper money, title companies, and everything like credit cards. So a real estate transaction for example could take seconds instead of weeks, be safer, and save thousands.

Trillions are spent each year on transactions and money moving. It's really a crazy amount when you step back and look. Almost everything now from little CC purchases, pay-pal, phone bill, anything you pay online has these fees. Stock market alone could be reinvented with blockchain to save hundreds of billions if not trillions in fees.

It will be really hard to get going though because EVERY world government politician gets rich off of their own FED printing money (in a round about way) Can't print more BTC.

It's basically a fairy tale world that stops inflation and makes things fair. So it will never happen but sounds great. If it does happen it would be regulated to death so the government can still make tons of money. Otherwise they go broke.

How did I do?[/QUOTE

My biggest concern with the crypto world, and I never dabbled, was that the world powers that be would never allow themselves to be cut out of the money loop. They’ll find a way to regulate it or even ruin it altogether.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 08:38 AM   #6456
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Bitcoin is the base crypto currency. Some people believe Crypto's will be used for transactions that will take the place of banks, paper money, title companies, and everything like credit cards. So a real estate transaction for example could take seconds instead of weeks, be safer, and save thousands.

How did I do?
[/QUOTE]

My biggest concern with the crypto world, and I never dabbled, was that the world powers that be would never allow themselves to be cut out of the money loop. They’ll find a way to regulate it or even ruin it altogether.[/QUOTE]

I covered that Pretty much every single high power rich person got their money by screwing taxpayers by printing money. No way they just stop it.

ETH is up 65% in the last couple weeks What's going on?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2018, 10:21 AM   #6457
PL Hunter
Spike

I just looked at it for the first time in a few months. Not sure why, but there was some money to be made in the past few weeks. Everything I (used to) track has jumped.
PL Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2019, 03:58 AM   #6458
DanielLee5
Nubbin' Buck

Everyone currently wants to know where Bitcoin is headed. Many early investors made millions now they want to do it again and newcomers want to replicate that big gain that can mint them as millionaires too. There is much speculation as to where that price will go; most think it can only go up. At the moment, there are many predictions about what incredible value Bitcoin will reach in 10 years. But many think in the opposite direction. But I prefer to be optimistic, despite the current instability of the cryptocurrency market.
DanielLee5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2019, 11:01 AM   #6459
mdb
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hallettsville,Victoria,New Hampshire

Has anyone heard of the company Melius, in the bitcoin business?
mdb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top